2014 Volvo S60 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $27,680 - $29,387.

10/7.8

Based on 57 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

Drives & looks great. first Volvo always had Saab

By on Sunday, December 14, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive & great styling"

Cons: "small trunk & no spare"

"Only complaint is small trunk, no spare tire & depreciation. Drives great & very comfortable for driver & front passenger."

Excellent balance of performance and comfort

By on Friday, September 26, 2014

Pros: "Excellent power and comfort balance"

Cons: "Average cornering, front wheel spin on take off"

"Really a great car. Wish the AWD system was weighted more to the rear than the front in normal driving. I have Polestar tuning as well, great add on. Interior is great. Back seat is not as cramped as described in some reviews and I am 6'2"."

A wildly underrated car!

By on Friday, September 19, 2014

Pros: "Acceleration, safety features, ride comfort"

Cons: "Bluetooth/iPod software conflicts with Volvo OS."

"Love my S60! This is the second one that I've owned, and with the amount of driving that I do (>25k/year), I spend a lot of time in the car. The reliability has been great and the sluggish ride that Volvo's were known for were are a thing of the past. This car is fast! Haven't had any significant problems after 98k miles. Swedish design is simple without sacrificing features, and the safety features were (as usual) years ahead of the rest of the industry."

Love it! Drives so responsively. Lots of pep.

By on Monday, August 11, 2014

Pros: "Yes, fun to drive. Powerful acceleration."

Cons: "Can't think of any right now."

"Handles well, good visibility of the road, very comfortable."

2012 S-60 R-Design 74,000 miles

By on Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Pros: "Absolute hoot to drive. I scare the heck out wife!"

Cons: "No spare, Transmission shifts a bit too slow"

"We picked this car (his name is "Borke", by the way) in Gothenberg in November 2012. It is the best car I have ever owned and love every minute of driving it. I has great pickup, great cornering, great brakes, wonderful comfort, and it's a car that you can drive like a manic and still know that all of those airbags are going to protect you like a guardian angel. The AWD is worth every penny just for the piece of mind, even here in no-snow Texas. In two years we have had NO mechanical issues what so ever. A few notes. First, I carry a spare in the trunk. Understand that a car with a stiff suspension and low profile tires will be prone to tread wear and side wall issues. In the case of a sidewall blowout, the air inflation device included as a substitute for spare will do you NO good. Second, the tranny is a bit slow on the shifting, which has been fixed in the later version. Bravo, Volvo. Third, I still find it a bit under-powered. I wanted and still want a 400+ HP just to show the BMW folks who's boss, and while I suspect there is more HP waiting for someone to change the chip timing and fill it with premium, Volvo has protected the CPU from hacking so it is impossible to play with the engine variables that could boost up the HP or remove the 155 MPH limit which I am SURE it will do! Finally, I do intend to buy a 2016 or 17 R-Design, and pick it up from Sweden, unless Momma will let me buy an F Type Jag Coupe... Seriously, if you are intending to buy a Volvo and don't do a European Delivery option, you should have your head examined."

4 Cylinder Beast

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

Pros: "See Below"

Cons: "See Below"

"Pros: I own the T6 version of this car. Used to drive a 2005 Nissan Maxima. Supercharged/Turbocharged 4 cylinder beast. Love this engine. It's quick, 8 speed auto is awesome, it feels like a sport car. Love the interior leather (brown) and the wood trim. Very good quality. if you are interested in this vehicle wait till the 2015.5 version hit the dealers. More standard options. I have driven the car for about 800 miles (combined city 50 MPH average speed and highway) so far and I am getting 24.5 MPG. Room in the back seat is comfortable for a 6 foot 210 lbs guy. Seats are comfortable. T6 only comes with sport bucket seats so if you are not a fan get the T5 although you will sacrifice some power. Cons: Nothing so far. One minor thing is that there is no sunglasses holder that comes standard. You can buy an accessory but felt this was something that needs to be standard with aluxury car like Volvo. Overall review: If you want power, comfortable ride along with a very good MPG test drive this vehicle and buy it. You will not be dissapointed"

Rocking Ride

By on Sunday, July 06, 2014

Pros: "Fun, fast, reliable, solid built quality"

Cons: "None to date"

"This is probably on of the best values out there. Had the car over 41000 miles and it has been flawless. Regularly get combined 28mpg and drive like maniac - high of 35 hwy. and 23 around town. Seats are best in business providing great support on longer trips. Handling is well balanced. Acceleration is about mid six seconds to 60 - no waiting on merging. Car is most at ease doing 80 so look out for the CHP. Interior is high quality, very ergonomic and most of all is a nice change from the German and fluffy American cluttered arrangement. Safety features are second to none. Car came with maint for 5 yr. cost of ownership has been low. I get compliments on the looks and interior. This is a quality built car that is not plagued with recalls as with many other brands."

This is a wonderful Volvo in excellent shape

By on Saturday, April 12, 2014

Pros: "Like new"

"This is a 2013 one owner wonderful Volvo in excellent shape with low miles. It is a Volvo X60 with almost all the bells and whistles. It is a FWD, Black with Cream leather interior, sun roof, technology system and more. It only has 12,800 and runs like a dream. It also comes with a warranty package to be passed on to the next owner. Just start the engine with this keyless entry system and go! It is like new."

Best car I've ever owned

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, has excellent safety features"

Cons: "One headlight costs $1200, tires needed replacing"

All cleaned up and ready to go!

"The Volvo 2012 S60 T6 AWD is a wonderful and safe car to own. From the Sunroof and plush leather bucket seats to the Bose stereo and Bluetooth this car is smart, fast and handles well..."

All cleaned up and ready to go!

Great sedan

By on Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Pros: "comfortable seats, safety, stylish looks, handling"

Cons: "back seat is small, radio interface needs improv."

"We bought this car and picked it up in Gothenburg, Sweden using Volvo's European Delivery Program. We got a great deal on the car and got to drive it around central Europe for a couple of weeks. The S60 is the single most comfortable car I've ever driven. The seats are firm, supportive but supple. They grab and hold and support you. We have a baby, and if I had one criticism about comfort it's that the back seat does not have that much room when you put the car seat in. It forces the passenger to move his/her seat up to accommodate the car seat. Performance-wise, it's great. It's nimble and fast and has great handling. Sometimes it "jumps" through gear changes and sorta jolts/jerks you, but other than that, it's great. I also feel incredibly safe in it. This won't be our last Volvo, though we do plan to drive it until the wheels come off."

Dynomite!!

By on Friday, January 17, 2014

Pros: "Definitely a fun car to drive."

Cons: "None."

"This car moves like greased lightening! It's important to have a light foot on the pedal and not let all that power and agility go to your head. It hugs the road with a bear hug and has all the maneuverability of a world-class athlete, combined with all the sportiness and comfort you could want in a car, topped off with all of Volvo's world renowned safety features. What a car!"

A good value

By on Friday, November 29, 2013

Cons: "The Emergency Brake"

"No complaints except I'm still learning the electronics. I could do without the electric emergency brake and would like a real spare tire. The car is fast, comfortable, and has style. Yes, I may buy another in the future."

Endless problems with my new S60 T5

By on Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Pros: "Could be fun to drive, comfy, great seats"

Cons: "Quality control, dealer service and Volvo NA"

"I have never had a vehicle with as many issues out the chute as this one. It takes many visits to the dealer to get them to address any issue; they tend to deny that the problem exists and hope you run out of time and don't come back. Volvo of North America has been inept and pathetic in handling my case. They are just not interested in customer service. These are issues that were resolved: - pressure release valve in a/c causing loud metallic noise. - bad fuel pump causing hard starting from cold. These are the issues that are unresolved: - Wobble in steering around 40mph. Dealer cannot detect any issue. - Surging and jerking in all gears and at all speeds. Volvo tells me this is normal. - Brakes are weak and appear to be losing vaccum. Volvo tells me this is normal. - Delayed engagement of first gear when pulling away from a stop. Volvo informs me that this is normal. I had a C30 before. None of these issues. Great car."

Love it!

By on Friday, November 22, 2013

Pros: "handling is great. This car is so comfortable."

Cons: "could have more leg room in the back seat."

"I WILL BUY A VOLVO AGAIN AND AGAIN!"

Surprise, this Volvo is cool.

By on Sunday, November 10, 2013

Pros: "Great driver, quick and handles well."

Cons: "Back seat and trunk space limited."

"Not your Grandfathers Volvo, this T6 can really go. Performs as good or better than my wife's BMW 382XI. The Volvo is definitely faster, the BMW may get a slight nod for steering response. A must for a test drive if you are in the market. The AWD is awesome in the snow."

After test driving many cars...

By on Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Pros: "Top-notch interior, different styling"

Cons: "MPG, smallish trunk, smallish back seats"

"Full disclosure--my last car was as 98 S70 turbo. Full disclosure 2.0--I really thought I wanted a BMW 3 series. Having a little too much librarian blood, I researched the heck out of the sport sedan segment. Yeah. I like sport sedans. No, I love them. I want a peppy ride, but also a back seat that folds down so I can haul my music equipment. Why not get an SUV or crossover? I hate the handling. I am the quintessential sport sedan owner. All indicators said BMW 3 series. It is the benchmark. I know you all read those reviews, too, since you're bothering to read this. So, I test drove all potential rivals, excluding the Volvo because I was ready for a change. The rivals, I admit, were somewhat limited due to geographic limitations...what dealerships were in my area. My test cars: Passat TDI. I wanted to love this car since it has fabulous MPG. Handling was OK, but not great. Impressive torque, though. Exterior bland. Interior blander. What is it with the pleather? Kia Optima Turbo. This car is a gizmotron. The sunroof was cool. Handling was pretty sharp. Acceleration adequate. Exterior on the turbo was ugly. Interior was uglier. I am just not the demographic for this car. It is made for some 25-35 year old dude who for some reason wants a sedan. If I was that dude, I would go with the Dodge Charger. Ford Fusion Ecoboost. Hubs wanted to test this car. It gets great reviews. They didn't have a six, so I drove the four. It is noisy. Sure, the car is a gizmotron like the Optima. But, I don't really care about giving voice commands to my car. Just give me an easy to reach dial for the climate. The interior is spacious, but not appealing. I hate the much-lauded exterior. The grill looks like a catfish and the rear has those squinty Audi taillights(like the Kia Optima). I know other people love this look, but it makes me wince. I headed to the BMW dealership ready to buy. Already, I was sold on the the 328i's exterior. But, something unexpected happened when I got in the car. The interior was...strange. The info screen was kind of propped up on the dash. The cup-holders had a weird tray over them. What am I supposed to do with this tray when I have a coffee? Toss it in the back seat? It was all a bit unsettling. But, drive it. The steering is, indeed, wonderful. As is the braking. But, I just couldn't love the 8 speed automatic. Getting on the freeway, tearing through an awful lot of gears on an on-ramp, just wasn't pleasant. Then, there was the gas-saving feature. The engine turns off at stop-lights. Wonderful in theory. Annoying in practice. Sure, you can turn that off, but why pay extra for something that annoys you? Ditto on the heads-up display. Fine. I'm going to go look at the Volvo S60 because it is just down the street from the BMW joint. The S60 has a great eye-catching exterior with the sweeping line of the trunk and the bold grill, but I really wanted to move into another brand. Ugh. I got into the car and absolutely loved the interior. It is elegant and simple. The ride is miles superior from my old S70. It was smooth, but had just the right amount of road feel. The 6 speed automatic handled a quick shift from 0-65 with pleasant ease. I knew after five minutes in the car that it was "The One." Sometimes, you just know. I can't vouch for reliability since I've only had it for a month. So far, so good. Oh, and when an artist friend saw the new car, she said, "I don't usually notice cars, but that car is beautiful.""

Solid, powerful, fun!

By on Thursday, May 30, 2013

Pros: "Uses regular gas. Is very sporty."

Cons: "Bland dashboard and gauges. Gas mileage not great"

"After many years of Japanese cars, I had to break free. The s60 won me over, over the German high end offerings, and all the others. If you want comfort, power and safety, this is your car. Someone described the seats as sitting In a comfortable baseball glove, and I concur. Best seats ever! Great stitching and details make them even better. Power is great, love the turbo. The navigation is just ok. Not great. Wouldn't buy it again, unless volvo improves it. The dashboard is rather bland......dials and gauges are just basic and rather boring. However, the overall value feels great. I love to drive this car! This black metallic S60 gets a lot of attention. And a lot of baths. Black cars are gorgeous, but they need constant work. Worth it? Yeah!!!!!"

Great Car So Far

By on Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Pros: "Gas Milage , ride"

Cons: "No spare tire, phone won't work if radio off"

"Had this car for 6 months and can't say many things bad about it. It drives Great gas millage on hwy at 74mph 33.5. Only thing so far I don't like you can't turn radio off and still use bluetooth phone and not much internal storage. I also own another Volvo an XC90. The S60 so far has impressed me with it's ride and overall comfort. We will see if it last but so far I really like it alot. I resently rented a Toyota Camery and the Volvo S60 has it beat hands down as far as ride and comfort."

Volvo S 60 T5

By on Sunday, May 05, 2013

Pros: "Great value, luxurious, excellent gas mileage"

Cons: "interior storage"

"I've owned a BMW 3 series and test drove the Mercedes C250 and this car is so much better. It's very luxurious and had so much more value than either the MB or BMW. I drove it on the autobahn and it is near the standard of the German cars. My only real complaint and it is small is that there is no real stroage cubbies in the cockpit. Other than that, the driving dynamics are excellent as well as the overall ownership experience. We utilize the dealer in Pensacola and they are awesome."

Love it!

By on Thursday, April 18, 2013

"Smooth drive, awesome handling. Quick even in an automatic. The seats are like sitting on a cloud. Would buy this car over any 1 or 3 series BMW! Actually went to the lot to buy an Audi A4 and saw the Volvo in the showroom and decided to test drive and immediately loved it! Volvo makes a great car and finally designed a good looking car too!"

Poor quility

By on Friday, April 05, 2013

Pros: "Looks good"

Cons: "leather seats fade color"

"Will not buy another Volvo"

Addendum to "On the Fence"

By on Saturday, February 09, 2013

"My car has been repaired; it needed a new fuel pump. I've had no issues since the repair about a month ago."

Bad Bad Quality, Last Volvo for me

By on Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Cons: "Poor Quality"

""I am (was) a repeat Volvo customer. So is (was) the rest of my family. My 2012 S60 with 12K miles is peeling paint!!!! The factory says that the paint is only under warrantee for 1 year and My car is outside the warrantee period!!!!! They say the paint damage is caused either by rain, sprinkler water or acid rain (acid rain in san francisco bay area!!!). It cost $8600 to repaint the car. If you plan to buy a volvo consider how much it cost to repaint, volvo does not pay, you do for their poor quality."

Bad quality

By on Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Cons: "Poor quality"

"I am a repeat Volvo customer. So is the rest of my family. Not sure what is going on in Volvo quality group. The quality has disappeared. Today is Jan 2nd 2013. My 2012 S60 with 12K miles is peeling paint!!!! The factory says that the paint is only under warrantee for 1 year and My car is outside the warrantee period!!!!! Volvo, you got to be kidding me. Between me and my family we drive 6 volvo. You just lost a repeat customer."

On the fence

By on Sunday, December 09, 2012

Pros: "comfort, performance, quiet"

Cons: "already needed service, spare tire"

"I researched this car extensively before purchasing it new and felt confident that I was buying a quality car. My previous car was a BMW that I bought CPO. I bought the T5 AWD premium about 6 weeks ago. It's fun to drive and very comfortable but I've already had to take it for service because when I start the car, it cranks before turning the engine over. It's intermittent and always has started but I'm disappointed and concerned that I'm already having an issue. The dealer found nothing wrong with the car and said no codes came up on the computer. They advised me to switch gas stations because the Volvo service hotline told them that the gasoline I was using was probably the problem. If I wasn't having this issue, I would highly recommend this car and also suggest an upgrade to the R design. My complaints are no room for spare tire in the usual place (I negotiated for a spare and it takes up too much room in the trunk) and there are some features with the entertainment system that I don't like. It's minor but many of the actions require holding a button for several seconds instead of simply pressing the button. If you want to turn the radio off, you must hold the button otherwise all you have done is mute the radio. Maybe it's just me since my previous car didn't have this level of technology. If I wasn't having an issue with a hard start, this is a fun vehicle to own."

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next