2012 Volvo S60

Based on 74 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

great car

By on Sunday, February 27, 2011

"This is my 5th Volvo, I have had the C70 hardtop convertable,older S60 and S80 V8 AWD which was my last car and I thought the best, until the S60 2011 T6 Awd. It is a great ride and offers sporty and safe at the same time. the dealer was right that I would find it an awesome car. I was nervous going from the S80 to the S60 but have no complaints."

Cramped for six footer

By on Tuesday, February 7, 2012

"I'm 6' tall and find that I can't adjust the seat so that I can both comfortably reach the steering wheel and also not have my right knee bumping the center console, especially on longer trips. Whenever driving, unless you have trained your arms to not get tired with your hands in the 10:00 and 2:00 position on the wheel, you will likely find that you need to adjust your grip often to fight fatigue. I'm someone who drives with my right hand generally near the top of the wheel and my left hand gripping the center left of the wheel, with my left elbow resting on the window sill. This has always been comfortable for me. In the S60, the distance from the window sill to the wheel requires you to put a lot of pressure on your fingers to maintain control, making them go numb easily. My only other negative is the blind spot created by the support between the front and rear right side windows. Otherwise, I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience with my first Volvo."

Love It!

By on Saturday, January 14, 2012

Pros: "Great Car all around!"

Cons: "The dealership in Tallahassee is dreadful."

"I have had this car for almost 1 year and still smile everytime I see"

Great

By on Sunday, December 11, 2011

Pros: "awesome performance , safe, fun to drive"

"i love this car. It is smooth and powerful. I added polestar and have 327 horsepower and 355 torque the best!!!!!"

great vehicle

By on Tuesday, December 6, 2011

"drives great, tons of power, comfortable, better gas mileage than stated and its safe. love my volvo :)"

Love my car

By on Monday, November 14, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, easy to drive and be comfortable."

Cons: "NONE"

"I have had several different cars but love this car. It is the best drive i have had and i will not get another car again. It handles great and i would not change anything about it."

I don't like it. I love it.

By on Sunday, August 30, 2015

Pros: "stunning good look,competent handling, comfy seats"

Cons: "gear knob is prone to scratches"

"This car is surprisingly fun to drive. It does not handle as well as the 3 series but it's definitely handles better than the A4 that I test drove. The sport suspension and the 19"inch wheels make the ride a bit stiff for my taste but the seats are phenomenally comfortable. I was not care too much about the adaptive cruise control until I drove from L.A. to Las Cruses (12 hours drive) and it made the long distance driving so much easier that I do not think I can live without it anymore. I have the 2015 model so the lumbar support are manual and hard to reach. The translucid gear knob is easily scratched. The infotainment system does not have the connected app features. I probably should have waited for the 2015.5 model."

A wildly underrated car!

By on Friday, September 19, 2014

Pros: "Acceleration, safety features, ride comfort"

Cons: "Bluetooth/iPod software conflicts with Volvo OS."

"Love my S60! This is the second one that I've owned, and with the amount of driving that I do (>25k/year), I spend a lot of time in the car. The reliability has been great and the sluggish ride that Volvo's were known for were are a thing of the past. This car is fast! Haven't had any significant problems after 98k miles. Swedish design is simple without sacrificing features, and the safety features were (as usual) years ahead of the rest of the industry."

Yeah I can afford a Benz --- but why?

By on Monday, February 2, 2015

Pros: "Engine, gas mileage, safety, fit and finish"

Cons: "Nav and radio controls to die for"

"Forget the pointed stars and the over-hyped Japanese imports, bask in the knowledge that you have the best value on the road with one of the finest four cylinder engines in production. One that sips gas and pulls off the line like a 6. The seats are among the most comfortable in the category and unless you plan on driving like Mario, forget the sports bucket option. The display is cool and the electronics work. Downside is the positively clunky UI on the nav and radio controls...but heck, if I wanted to change the channel that often I'd stay home in the den! Think no more, friends, let your neighbors show off their Teutonic crests while you take comfort in the fact you saved thousands...in gas alone! Make sure this car is on your consideration list and test drive one. What's the worst that can happen...you'll fall in love with a beautiful Swede :)"

Pricey

By on Thursday, February 9, 2012

Pros: "Good looking. 25-31 MPG. Fit and finish."

Cons: "Over priced. Expensive to own. Poor resale."

"I have driven a Volvo for the last 40 years. The S60 is a good auto, but it can be expensive to own. Recently I needed a spare key and remote. I was blown away when I was told by the dealer it would cost about $400. Yes $400! The S60 is comfortable to drive and handles well and has plenty of power. I find it a bit to small in the driver's seat area. A Camry is much easier to get in and out of. Volvo has always had a reputation for building a safe auto, but today most all vehicles are as safe and many much less expensive to purchase and own. For example last year I sold a 2004 Volvo and a 2004 Camry with about the same miles and condition: the Camry sold for more than the Volvo! New, the Volvo cost about $15k more!"