2012 Volvo S60

Based on 76 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Yeah I can afford a Benz --- but why?

By on Monday, February 2, 2015

Pros: "Engine, gas mileage, safety, fit and finish"

Cons: "Nav and radio controls to die for"

"Forget the pointed stars and the over-hyped Japanese imports, bask in the knowledge that you have the best value on the road with one of the finest four cylinder engines in production. One that sips gas and pulls off the line like a 6. The seats are among the most comfortable in the category and unless you plan on driving like Mario, forget the sports bucket option. The display is cool and the electronics work. Downside is the positively clunky UI on the nav and radio controls...but heck, if I wanted to change the channel that often I'd stay home in the den! Think no more, friends, let your neighbors show off their Teutonic crests while you take comfort in the fact you saved thousands...in gas alone! Make sure this car is on your consideration list and test drive one. What's the worst that can happen...you'll fall in love with a beautiful Swede :)"

Pricey

By on Thursday, February 9, 2012

Pros: "Good looking. 25-31 MPG. Fit and finish."

Cons: "Over priced. Expensive to own. Poor resale."

"I have driven a Volvo for the last 40 years. The S60 is a good auto, but it can be expensive to own. Recently I needed a spare key and remote. I was blown away when I was told by the dealer it would cost about $400. Yes $400! The S60 is comfortable to drive and handles well and has plenty of power. I find it a bit to small in the driver's seat area. A Camry is much easier to get in and out of. Volvo has always had a reputation for building a safe auto, but today most all vehicles are as safe and many much less expensive to purchase and own. For example last year I sold a 2004 Volvo and a 2004 Camry with about the same miles and condition: the Camry sold for more than the Volvo! New, the Volvo cost about $15k more!"

Rocking Ride

By on Sunday, July 6, 2014

Pros: "Fun, fast, reliable, solid built quality"

Cons: "None to date"

"This is probably on of the best values out there. Had the car over 41000 miles and it has been flawless. Regularly get combined 28mpg and drive like maniac - high of 35 hwy. and 23 around town. Seats are best in business providing great support on longer trips. Handling is well balanced. Acceleration is about mid six seconds to 60 - no waiting on merging. Car is most at ease doing 80 so look out for the CHP. Interior is high quality, very ergonomic and most of all is a nice change from the German and fluffy American cluttered arrangement. Safety features are second to none. Car came with maint for 5 yr. cost of ownership has been low. I get compliments on the looks and interior. This is a quality built car that is not plagued with recalls as with many other brands."

2009 Volvo S60 T5

By on Thursday, January 7, 2010

"I had just graduated from college and wanted to buy a new car as a graduation gift in late 2008. I had already had a Lexes but wanted to change up a little. I looked at the S60 and liked but I wanted more power so I opted for the T5 version. I took the Overseas Devilery tour and enjoyed It!!! I also toured the factory plant and saw how the car was made, and was amazed! My S60 T5 get good gas mileage and is hands down better built than Lexus. Europeans knows what they are doing when it comes to building cars. I've have not had a single problem and all I do is put gas in it, wash it and take it in for oil changes! Im thinking about trading my 09" for a newer version when It comes out!!!! It worth spending $36,000 for!!!!"

Love It!

By on Sunday, September 13, 2009

"This is my first Volvo, love it, love the turbo, smooth ride, a very comfortable car!"

compares to mb bmw for less $$$

By on Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Pros: "had mb bmw volvo s60 equal"

Cons: "12 cuft trunk and no spare"

"quiet comfortable lux ride. volvo makes the best seats. leased it for 2 years to test the volvo product and now may lease or buy another. volvo offers a silly buyout price about 10k above the market value, and volvo will not extend the lease, so even though i only have 6k easy going miles i will not buy it. this was the awd t5 premium plus version and i like the styling and overall ride. i was not intersted in the t6 version for the extra power or polestar for performance. i wanted a relaxing ride and got it. quiet and absorbs potholes and road noise is minimal."

This is a wonderful Volvo in excellent shape

By on Saturday, April 12, 2014

Pros: "Like new"

"This is a 2013 one owner wonderful Volvo in excellent shape with low miles. It is a Volvo X60 with almost all the bells and whistles. It is a FWD, Black with Cream leather interior, sun roof, technology system and more. It only has 12,800 and runs like a dream. It also comes with a warranty package to be passed on to the next owner. Just start the engine with this keyless entry system and go! It is like new."

Best car I've ever owned

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, has excellent safety features"

Cons: "One headlight costs $1200, tires needed replacing"

All cleaned up and ready to go!

"The Volvo 2012 S60 T6 AWD is a wonderful and safe car to own. From the Sunroof and plush leather bucket seats to the Bose stereo and Bluetooth this car is smart, fast and handles well..."

All cleaned up and ready to go!

It's fun to drive again!!

By on Monday, March 30, 2015

Pros: "luxurious"

Cons: "high price...."

"I absolutely love this car! I commute an hour every day and I have never had a more comfortable ride than I have now!"

Addendum to "On the Fence"

By on Saturday, February 9, 2013

"My car has been repaired; it needed a new fuel pump. I've had no issues since the repair about a month ago."

Bad quality

By on Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Cons: "Poor quality"

"I am a repeat Volvo customer. So is the rest of my family. Not sure what is going on in Volvo quality group. The quality has disappeared. Today is Jan 2nd 2013. My 2012 S60 with 12K miles is peeling paint!!!! The factory says that the paint is only under warrantee for 1 year and My car is outside the warrantee period!!!!! Volvo, you got to be kidding me. Between me and my family we drive 6 volvo. You just lost a repeat customer."

4 Cylinder Beast

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

Pros: "See Below"

Cons: "See Below"

"Pros: I own the T6 version of this car. Used to drive a 2005 Nissan Maxima. Supercharged/Turbocharged 4 cylinder beast. Love this engine. It's quick, 8 speed auto is awesome, it feels like a sport car. Love the interior leather (brown) and the wood trim. Very good quality. if you are interested in this vehicle wait till the 2015.5 version hit the dealers. More standard options. I have driven the car for about 800 miles (combined city 50 MPH average speed and highway) so far and I am getting 24.5 MPG. Room in the back seat is comfortable for a 6 foot 210 lbs guy. Seats are comfortable. T6 only comes with sport bucket seats so if you are not a fan get the T5 although you will sacrifice some power. Cons: Nothing so far. One minor thing is that there is no sunglasses holder that comes standard. You can buy an accessory but felt this was something that needs to be standard with aluxury car like Volvo. Overall review: If you want power, comfortable ride along with a very good MPG test drive this vehicle and buy it. You will not be dissapointed"

Volvo safety and dependability are very improtant.

By on Saturday, May 30, 2015

"The S60 is a wonderful car for a small family. Excellent with 4 people and safety is always there to give me peace of mind."

Excellent balance of performance and comfort

By on Friday, September 26, 2014

Pros: "Excellent power and comfort balance"

Cons: "Average cornering, front wheel spin on take off"

"Really a great car. Wish the AWD system was weighted more to the rear than the front in normal driving. I have Polestar tuning as well, great add on. Interior is great. Back seat is not as cramped as described in some reviews and I am 6'2"."

Absolutely Love This Car

By on Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Pros: "Sporty, blast to drive, luxury interior"

Cons: "No change holder"

"Bought this car CPO used 39k miles, white with black/camel interior, back-up camera and blis. This is the second S60 in our family now. My partner bought his 2 years ago and when I decided on a new car, this was the perfect choice. Most comfortable seats I have ever sat in. Interior with the black/camel is stunning and provides a sporty appearance. What I ultimately love about this car is how it drives. Smooth and sporty with a very peppy engine that will push you back in your seat. Responsive handling zips me through rush hour while the interior comfort and technology has me singing out to my favorite songs. If you have not driven one you must. Don't buy until you have!"

Looks great but inferior handling and technology

By on Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Pros: "Exterior looks, comfy seats, pickup"

Cons: "Ancient technology, stability, lack of convenience"

"I love the way my S60 looks. It's a sexy, yet elegant car. The seats are very comfy and no big mechanical problems in the first three years. I owned a BMW x3 (in the shop too many times) before this and they are miles apart on handling. The bmw held the road, but the Volvo feels like it could spin out. No fun. It feels like a lightweight compared to other cars I have owned. It does have very good pickup. It lags tremendously in the technology front. I've had numerous issues (too many too mention)with the Bluetooth that the service guys say is the limits of the car. My daughters Passat has a better system. Lots of issues with the heat and keyless entry too. I've owned a P1800 and a Volvo wagon. I wanted to love this car. She's a pretty girl, goes fast, but there's not much under the hood and she's just not modern. Also, if you have an issue with the dealership, Volvo will not help you at all."

Love it! Drives so responsively. Lots of pep.

By on Monday, August 11, 2014

Pros: "Yes, fun to drive. Powerful acceleration."

Cons: "Can't think of any right now."

"Handles well, good visibility of the road, very comfortable."

This is the perfect car

By on Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Pros: "Seats , ride , quailty , well built auto"

Cons: "Driving my other car ! Hate to drive anything else"

"Very picky shopper and love my cars , This car foes it all and is the most comfortable car I have every owned ( I owned 35 cars ). Plan on keeping this for a long time I know anything else would be down hill . Great seats , engine, noise level , safety , we give this S 60 E turbo E drive a perfect score"

Love this car!

By on Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Pros: "Great interior/exterior design, Smooth drive"

Cons: "Bad Navi system, only one USB port!"

"I've had my Volvo since 2012. Loved the 50K miles all included service and unhappy the freebie ran out! Love the car, had very few issues with it during the almost 4 years and dealership was quick to fix anything that came up. Got outstanding service from them here in Texas. Car drives well, and the safety features are outstanding. I've fortunately avoided a few collisions due to the safety features. Love my Volvo and have no complaints at all! Beautiful car inside and out. My only gripe would be the design of the navigation system which I think is especially hard-to-use. The user interface is from optimal and I just stopped using it and use Google maps on my phone instead. Definitely wasn't a worthwhile investment to get the navigation package but I believe it comes bundled with a few other things that are very useful."

Comfortable with significant limitations

By on Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Pros: "Beautiful car, comfortable."

Cons: "Horrible controls for phone, radio, trip control"

"I have owned this car for 7 months, it has about 7800 miles on it. The car is gorgeous, I have Caspian Blue with the light tan interior. It is also very comfortable. I was also seriously considering an Audi A4 and BMW 328i. I've owned a few Audi's. The handling of the Volvo S60 is not nearly as good as an A4 or 3Series BMW. Comfort was more important so I bought the Volvo. However because of the "info-tainment" limitations I am re-thinking my choice. This car takes 3 steps where another car would take one to say change the radio station. I just assumed I could press a button and be connected to my phone. Nope. I can't even hang up the phone from the steering wheel. I have seen Chevy's and Hyundai's with more intuitive and useful controls. I have also been without my car for a total of 8 days because of faulty parts."

Drives & looks great. first Volvo always had Saab

By on Sunday, December 14, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive & great styling"

Cons: "small trunk & no spare"

"Only complaint is small trunk, no spare tire & depreciation. Drives great & very comfortable for driver & front passenger."

Picked a winner !

By on Sunday, March 27, 2016

Pros: "Solid , great ride , 36 MPG, HIGH QUAILTY"

Cons: "more storage for the driver"

"S60 2016 Premier 2.0 4 with E Drive I will not go on and on but we tested every car out there from 32000 to 45000 and we are a car salespersons nightmare. Test drive after test drive we kept going back to the new 2016 S 60 . We love how solid the whole car is , safe , the best seats out there, tech is nice , great paint job. I am glad somethings never change and Volvo is still a Volvo . Plan on keeping this beauty for a long time so over all this was a real nice value compared to the Caddy ATS . Volvos hold their value . There are not many cars you can drive for 600 miles without back issues , this is one you can . Oh the base sound system is more than one needs , great crisp sound with awesome bass . The E Drive is tops , 36 MPG average and this cars moves out . Take one for a ride you will be hooked ."

Chinese copy of a Volvo

By on Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Pros: "Fantastic ride quality, power, good looks"

Cons: "computer, brakes, info system, cheap buttons"

"Quality has gone down big. Many things are cheapened and if you care about cars you will see them. We own more than one Volvo and our 2008 S40 is superior as far as quality, reliability, brakes, finishes and materials, lighting. The computer and infotainment systems are too slow to start and the park assist will be no good if it takes it 30 seconds to start. The S60 is burning through coolant starting at 4000 miles... What is going on guys? Ford and Kia are becoming superior to your quality! Could have been a great car if it did not come with so low key of important components like brakes!!! Not a great value for the money and some poor engineering aspects. Disapointed"

New and Hot

By on Monday, May 2, 2011

"For the money, best car built. Expored market for 2 years evaluating entry level luxury cars. Most bang for the bucks plus safest. 5 year maintenance coverage can't be beat."

Poor quility

By on Friday, April 5, 2013

Pros: "Looks good"

Cons: "leather seats fade color"

"Will not buy another Volvo"

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next