2012 Volvo S60

Based on 74 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

Love it!

By on Thursday, April 18, 2013

"Smooth drive, awesome handling. Quick even in an automatic. The seats are like sitting on a cloud. Would buy this car over any 1 or 3 series BMW! Actually went to the lot to buy an Audi A4 and saw the Volvo in the showroom and decided to test drive and immediately loved it! Volvo makes a great car and finally designed a good looking car too!"

A good value

By on Friday, November 29, 2013

Cons: "The Emergency Brake"

"No complaints except I'm still learning the electronics. I could do without the electric emergency brake and would like a real spare tire. The car is fast, comfortable, and has style. Yes, I may buy another in the future."

Solid, powerful, fun!

By on Thursday, May 30, 2013

Pros: "Uses regular gas. Is very sporty."

Cons: "Bland dashboard and gauges. Gas mileage not great"

"After many years of Japanese cars, I had to break free. The s60 won me over, over the German high end offerings, and all the others. If you want comfort, power and safety, this is your car. Someone described the seats as sitting In a comfortable baseball glove, and I concur. Best seats ever! Great stitching and details make them even better. Power is great, love the turbo. The navigation is just ok. Not great. Wouldn't buy it again, unless volvo improves it. The dashboard is rather bland......dials and gauges are just basic and rather boring. However, the overall value feels great. I love to drive this car! This black metallic S60 gets a lot of attention. And a lot of baths. Black cars are gorgeous, but they need constant work. Worth it? Yeah!!!!!"

As Good As It Gets

By on Tuesday, May 24, 2011

"This is my third volvo since 1990 and I only have 700 miles on the 2012 S60, but it is quickly becoming the best of the three yet. Having some trouble getting the car to download the phonebook from my cell phone, but I like the way bluetooth connection works better than the 2009 Acura TSX I traded. Seats are big and wide, ride is very comfortable and the interior and exterior of this car is awesome. Definately worth looking at if your looking to make a purchase, and the 5 yr 60k warranty and scheduled maintenance doesn't get any better."

Love it

By on Saturday, March 17, 2012

"Have had the T6 AWD 2012 for a year now and i love it handles great, all features are reliable and easy, great fun to drive and plenty of power. Would recommend to anyone looking for a nice ride."

Better than BMW

By on Saturday, January 21, 2012

Pros: "Great value, responsive"

Cons: "Minor squeaking sound, extra for Bi-xeon lights"

"if you are looking for value and do not want to spend more for a BMW 3, buy this car because it performs as good as a BMW 3, especially with the dynamic and technology packages. If you enjoys a stiffer suspension and driving dynamic, one absolute option you must add is the dynamic package, which makes this car really awesome and responsive. I drove through a very sharp curve once that should require the car to slow down to 25MPH but I did it at 55MPH; the car stuck to the road and actively responded to the sharp turn with the cornering traction control. I loved this car since the first time I drove out of the dealer's lot. I'm loving it even more after coming back from the East coast driving a Korean-made rental car for seven days and over 500 miles. One significant difference is the stiffer steering power that is adjustable to the driver's demand and the smoothness of traction control in the snow, the sweetness of dynamic package for just $800 extra. The transmission is smooth and shifts gears up and down faster than the S40 I had it before. S60 seems to understand my driving demand. It doesn't matter I drove it like a old grandma or the opposite; the transmission shifted the way I expected at the right RPM. S60 gets about 31 MPG on the high way if I didn't turn on the adaptive cruise control or with the regular cruise control. Otherwise, it gets about 30 MPG on the high way and about 24 MPG in the city. The only minor problem I have with this car just like almost every car I have owned is the squeaking sound from the backseat or the door. It gets noisy if I turned down the music and focused on the sound, and it also depends on road surface. I brought it in to the dealer only once for this problem, but it seemed likely to be the problem with the road I have been driving through."

Best sedan for value

By on Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pros: "safety, comfort, drive, power, adaptive cruise"

"The best vehicle for value, adaptive cruise with queue assit is the best, the interior are hogh quality. the seats are comfortable the safety technology the best. leading the class, had driven the Benz c class, and bmw 3 series. the Volvo s60 2011 is the best"

Bad Bad Quality, Last Volvo for me

By on Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Cons: "Poor Quality"

""I am (was) a repeat Volvo customer. So is (was) the rest of my family. My 2012 S60 with 12K miles is peeling paint!!!! The factory says that the paint is only under warrantee for 1 year and My car is outside the warrantee period!!!!! They say the paint damage is caused either by rain, sprinkler water or acid rain (acid rain in san francisco bay area!!!). It cost $8600 to repaint the car. If you plan to buy a volvo consider how much it cost to repaint, volvo does not pay, you do for their poor quality."

Surprise, this Volvo is cool.

By on Sunday, November 10, 2013

Pros: "Great driver, quick and handles well."

Cons: "Back seat and trunk space limited."

"Not your Grandfathers Volvo, this T6 can really go. Performs as good or better than my wife's BMW 382XI. The Volvo is definitely faster, the BMW may get a slight nod for steering response. A must for a test drive if you are in the market. The AWD is awesome in the snow."

I love this car!

By on Friday, September 23, 2011

Pros: "Great price for the luxury, an absolute JOY to drive!!!"

"I recently just bought this car and I could not be happier with my purchase. I have the beechwood interior and every possible option. The Volvo S60 T6 AWD is an amazing car. I traded in a BMW, my friends thought I was crazy....until they rode in it. I am the envy of the neighborhood and everyone who sees me driving around town."