2012 Volvo S60

Based on 65 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

Solid, powerful, fun!

By on Thursday, May 30, 2013

Pros: "Uses regular gas. Is very sporty."

Cons: "Bland dashboard and gauges. Gas mileage not great"

"After many years of Japanese cars, I had to break free. The s60 won me over, over the German high end offerings, and all the others. If you want comfort, power and safety, this is your car. Someone described the seats as sitting In a comfortable baseball glove, and I concur. Best seats ever! Great stitching and details make them even better. Power is great, love the turbo. The navigation is just ok. Not great. Wouldn't buy it again, unless volvo improves it. The dashboard is rather bland......dials and gauges are just basic and rather boring. However, the overall value feels great. I love to drive this car! This black metallic S60 gets a lot of attention. And a lot of baths. Black cars are gorgeous, but they need constant work. Worth it? Yeah!!!!!"

Volvo hits a home run

By on Saturday, July 30, 2011

Pros: "Delivers on many levels - very well done"

Cons: "Nav system is not quite as good as the rest of Sensus"

"This car is brilliant. It balances style, performance, comfort, luxury, safety, fuel economy, value, technology, and quality in one incredible package. While the T6 is a 300HP rocket, I decided on the T5 version. Its quite a bit cheaper and you get 30MPG highway with 250HP, and it is nearly as responsive as the T6. Oh, and did I mention it runs on REGULAR gas? The car looks great on the outside, and the interior is elegant. During normal driving it is smooth and quiet. I got every package (Climate, Dynamic, Premium, Technology, and Multimedia) and it was worth it. My favorite feature is Adaptive Cruise Control: It is almost magic. The Premium Sound system is excellent. The safety systems are smart, will save lives, and may make you a better driver. And the Sensus System is simple and easy to use and allows you to customize the car to your liking. And I think reliability is a good bet here - Consumer reports has Volvo and Lexus tied in overall manufacturer reliability, and ranks them quite a bit higher than BMW, Mercedes, and Audi. I do have a minor compliant with the Navigation system - its interface does not appear to be quite as good as the rest of Sensus, and takes a little getting used to. But it does work once you get the hang of it. But like I said, this is minor. The car is great."

So Far So Good

By on Sunday, February 13, 2011

"Definitely not your father's Volvo. Smart looking, incredibly comfortable, powerful engine. Some controls may be difficult to get use to. My initial experience has been a great one. The 5 year-60,000 bumper-to-bumper warranty with scheduled maint. included is about as good as it gets."

Volvo S 60 T5

By on Sunday, May 05, 2013

Pros: "Great value, luxurious, excellent gas mileage"

Cons: "interior storage"

"I've owned a BMW 3 series and test drove the Mercedes C250 and this car is so much better. It's very luxurious and had so much more value than either the MB or BMW. I drove it on the autobahn and it is near the standard of the German cars. My only real complaint and it is small is that there is no real stroage cubbies in the cockpit. Other than that, the driving dynamics are excellent as well as the overall ownership experience. We utilize the dealer in Pensacola and they are awesome."

Volvo never disapoints!

By on Thursday, May 31, 2012

Pros: "Ummm, just look at it :)"

Cons: "I should have gotten the adaptive cruise control!"

"I'm 35 and have owned 5 Volvos over the years. I've had the honor of an S40, S60-R, XC90, and currently a XC60-RDesgin and most recently, S60-RDesign. I freakin' love this car! The original R was amazing, but this is the next level. It’s faster, quieter and the interior is spot on. As someone that goes through cars quite quickly, I highly recommend this creature. It is a keeper! The Polestar tuning is amazing! I'm looking at adding it to the XC60. It's a head turner and I get many positive remarks, especially from the tuners. Awesome car! U need it! Not to mention the 5 year "Safe and Secure" plan. No one can tough this, it's the total package. Elegant, but not gaudy (hello Escalade, are you listening!)"