2012 Volvo S60

Based on 54 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

Best car I've ever owned

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, has excellent safety features"

Cons: "One headlight costs $1200, tires needed replacing"

All cleaned up and ready to go!

"The Volvo 2012 S60 T6 AWD is a wonderful and safe car to own. From the Sunroof and plush leather bucket seats to the Bose stereo and Bluetooth this car is smart, fast and handles well..."

All cleaned up and ready to go!

Great sedan

By on Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Pros: "comfortable seats, safety, stylish looks, handling"

Cons: "back seat is small, radio interface needs improv."

"We bought this car and picked it up in Gothenburg, Sweden using Volvo's European Delivery Program. We got a great deal on the car and got to drive it around central Europe for a couple of weeks. The S60 is the single most comfortable car I've ever driven. The seats are firm, supportive but supple. They grab and hold and support you. We have a baby, and if I had one criticism about comfort it's that the back seat does not have that much room when you put the car seat in. It forces the passenger to move his/her seat up to accommodate the car seat. Performance-wise, it's great. It's nimble and fast and has great handling. Sometimes it "jumps" through gear changes and sorta jolts/jerks you, but other than that, it's great. I also feel incredibly safe in it. This won't be our last Volvo, though we do plan to drive it until the wheels come off."

Dynomite!!

By on Friday, January 17, 2014

Pros: "Definitely a fun car to drive."

Cons: "None."

"This car moves like greased lightening! It's important to have a light foot on the pedal and not let all that power and agility go to your head. It hugs the road with a bear hug and has all the maneuverability of a world-class athlete, combined with all the sportiness and comfort you could want in a car, topped off with all of Volvo's world renowned safety features. What a car!"

A good value

By on Friday, November 29, 2013

Cons: "The Emergency Brake"

"No complaints except I'm still learning the electronics. I could do without the electric emergency brake and would like a real spare tire. The car is fast, comfortable, and has style. Yes, I may buy another in the future."

Endless problems with my new S60 T5

By on Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Pros: "Could be fun to drive, comfy, great seats"

Cons: "Quality control, dealer service and Volvo NA"

"I have never had a vehicle with as many issues out the chute as this one. It takes many visits to the dealer to get them to address any issue; they tend to deny that the problem exists and hope you run out of time and don't come back. Volvo of North America has been inept and pathetic in handling my case. They are just not interested in customer service. These are issues that were resolved: - pressure release valve in a/c causing loud metallic noise. - bad fuel pump causing hard starting from cold. These are the issues that are unresolved: - Wobble in steering around 40mph. Dealer cannot detect any issue. - Surging and jerking in all gears and at all speeds. Volvo tells me this is normal. - Brakes are weak and appear to be losing vaccum. Volvo tells me this is normal. - Delayed engagement of first gear when pulling away from a stop. Volvo informs me that this is normal. I had a C30 before. None of these issues. Great car."