2012 Volvo S60

Based on 63 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

Volvo hits a home run

By on Saturday, July 30, 2011

Pros: "Delivers on many levels - very well done"

Cons: "Nav system is not quite as good as the rest of Sensus"

"This car is brilliant. It balances style, performance, comfort, luxury, safety, fuel economy, value, technology, and quality in one incredible package. While the T6 is a 300HP rocket, I decided on the T5 version. Its quite a bit cheaper and you get 30MPG highway with 250HP, and it is nearly as responsive as the T6. Oh, and did I mention it runs on REGULAR gas? The car looks great on the outside, and the interior is elegant. During normal driving it is smooth and quiet. I got every package (Climate, Dynamic, Premium, Technology, and Multimedia) and it was worth it. My favorite feature is Adaptive Cruise Control: It is almost magic. The Premium Sound system is excellent. The safety systems are smart, will save lives, and may make you a better driver. And the Sensus System is simple and easy to use and allows you to customize the car to your liking. And I think reliability is a good bet here - Consumer reports has Volvo and Lexus tied in overall manufacturer reliability, and ranks them quite a bit higher than BMW, Mercedes, and Audi. I do have a minor compliant with the Navigation system - its interface does not appear to be quite as good as the rest of Sensus, and takes a little getting used to. But it does work once you get the hang of it. But like I said, this is minor. The car is great."

Great value

By on Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Pros: "Value, drives beautifully."

"Was looking for a car with acceptable luxury features and performance, but with reasonable gas mileage. (Replacing a V8 Mercedes). Previously, I would not have considered a Volvo because I did not care for the styling. However they finally fixed the ugly rear end with this new S60 shape. So the Volvo went on my list together with the Mercedes C class, Audi A4, VW CC, etc. It quickly became apparent that the Volvo is by far the best value -- it has the styling, features and performance of the others and is better priced. Especially when the 5 year/60K service program is taken into account. I've had the Volvo now for several months and am not at all disappointed."

As Good As It Gets

By on Tuesday, May 24, 2011

"This is my third volvo since 1990 and I only have 700 miles on the 2012 S60, but it is quickly becoming the best of the three yet. Having some trouble getting the car to download the phonebook from my cell phone, but I like the way bluetooth connection works better than the 2009 Acura TSX I traded. Seats are big and wide, ride is very comfortable and the interior and exterior of this car is awesome. Definately worth looking at if your looking to make a purchase, and the 5 yr 60k warranty and scheduled maintenance doesn't get any better."

New and Hot

By on Monday, May 02, 2011

"For the money, best car built. Expored market for 2 years evaluating entry level luxury cars. Most bang for the bucks plus safest. 5 year maintenance coverage can't be beat."

sporty safe and fuel efficient

By on Wednesday, April 13, 2011

"I have been driving the 2012 S60 for a month now and get about 25 mpg, super comfortable seats / interrior wrapped in a very sporty package. The electronic "infotainment" system and steering wheel control over radio+satelite+ipod+phone is probably my favorite feature. And the car is extremely quiet - very nice ride."

great car

By on Sunday, February 27, 2011

"This is my 5th Volvo, I have had the C70 hardtop convertable,older S60 and S80 V8 AWD which was my last car and I thought the best, until the S60 2011 T6 Awd. It is a great ride and offers sporty and safe at the same time. the dealer was right that I would find it an awesome car. I was nervous going from the S80 to the S60 but have no complaints."

So Far So Good

By on Sunday, February 13, 2011

"Definitely not your father's Volvo. Smart looking, incredibly comfortable, powerful engine. Some controls may be difficult to get use to. My initial experience has been a great one. The 5 year-60,000 bumper-to-bumper warranty with scheduled maint. included is about as good as it gets."

Grear vehicle

By on Wednesday, June 30, 2010

"This is one of the nicest vehicles I have owned. This is the 2nd volvo I have owned and am glad I have another one. It is so quiet and comfortable."

Have owned 2 AWD S60

By on Wednesday, April 21, 2010

"I now have 45 K on my second s60 awd. Drove the first one to 90 K. The cost to own these cars is the very low considering the performance, quality, and confort. Total cost to get to 45 K is $1600.00 including all factory service and a set of tires."

2009 Volvo S60 T5

By on Thursday, January 07, 2010

"I had just graduated from college and wanted to buy a new car as a graduation gift in late 2008. I had already had a Lexes but wanted to change up a little. I looked at the S60 and liked but I wanted more power so I opted for the T5 version. I took the Overseas Devilery tour and enjoyed It!!! I also toured the factory plant and saw how the car was made, and was amazed! My S60 T5 get good gas mileage and is hands down better built than Lexus. Europeans knows what they are doing when it comes to building cars. I've have not had a single problem and all I do is put gas in it, wash it and take it in for oil changes! Im thinking about trading my 09" for a newer version when It comes out!!!! It worth spending $36,000 for!!!!"

Hugh Surprise

By on Saturday, December 26, 2009

"Looked all over for a nice sedan. Audi A-4, VW CC, American Iron, etc. I wanted a vehicle that the manufacture owned at least 5 years. Volve started a program on the S-60 that met my needs. I drove the vehicle and was totally surprised. Comfortable, quite, and a terrific ride. Six months later it just keeps getting better. The S-60 handles like a high dollar rocket at a fraction of the cost. I can work the radio and everything works better than advertised. It doesn't have the power of my M, however as a daily driver it handles fine on our highways. My wife loves it and we plan on keeping it a long time. The tech info is simple. Put gas in it and press the accelerator. The turbo will handle the rest. I have owned about 20 different cars and SUV's in my life and the S-60 has to be on the top of the list for quality and safety."

Love It!

By on Sunday, September 13, 2009

"This is my first Volvo, love it, love the turbo, smooth ride, a very comfortable car!"

Excellent value

By on Friday, August 28, 2009

"Got my S60 a month ago. Loving it! Plenty of power, comfortable driver seat, very impressive brakes. Feel safe. Optional climate package is so cool - rain sensing wiper is great. A few things to complain: 1. Small leg room for rear seats 2. Functional, but monotonous inerior design. 3. wind noise at high speed (driver side) But, with recent incentives, this car is unbeatable value!"

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next