2011 Volvo S60

Based on 61 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

Cramped for six footer

By on Tuesday, February 07, 2012

"I'm 6' tall and find that I can't adjust the seat so that I can both comfortably reach the steering wheel and also not have my right knee bumping the center console, especially on longer trips. Whenever driving, unless you have trained your arms to not get tired with your hands in the 10:00 and 2:00 position on the wheel, you will likely find that you need to adjust your grip often to fight fatigue. I'm someone who drives with my right hand generally near the top of the wheel and my left hand gripping the center left of the wheel, with my left elbow resting on the window sill. This has always been comfortable for me. In the S60, the distance from the window sill to the wheel requires you to put a lot of pressure on your fingers to maintain control, making them go numb easily. My only other negative is the blind spot created by the support between the front and rear right side windows. Otherwise, I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience with my first Volvo."

Best sedan for value

By on Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pros: "safety, comfort, drive, power, adaptive cruise"

"The best vehicle for value, adaptive cruise with queue assit is the best, the interior are hogh quality. the seats are comfortable the safety technology the best. leading the class, had driven the Benz c class, and bmw 3 series. the Volvo s60 2011 is the best"

Loving my new S60

By on Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pros: "quick, sporty and comfortable"

Cons: "Bluetooth phone seems to disconnect to often."

"I recently traded a Lexus IS250, very glad I did. I've had many new cars the last 15 years, Audi, Lexus (2), Toyota, Volvo S80 and a Dodge. I make excuses to go the store so I can drive the new S60. I like the looks both exterior and interior. The car is quick and fast, very easy to control and drives smooth. The only complaint would be the bluetooth seems to drop more than it should. Something that is easy to reconnect but a pain."

Better than BMW

By on Saturday, January 21, 2012

Pros: "Great value, responsive"

Cons: "Minor squeaking sound, extra for Bi-xeon lights"

"if you are looking for value and do not want to spend more for a BMW 3, buy this car because it performs as good as a BMW 3, especially with the dynamic and technology packages. If you enjoys a stiffer suspension and driving dynamic, one absolute option you must add is the dynamic package, which makes this car really awesome and responsive. I drove through a very sharp curve once that should require the car to slow down to 25MPH but I did it at 55MPH; the car stuck to the road and actively responded to the sharp turn with the cornering traction control. I loved this car since the first time I drove out of the dealer's lot. I'm loving it even more after coming back from the East coast driving a Korean-made rental car for seven days and over 500 miles. One significant difference is the stiffer steering power that is adjustable to the driver's demand and the smoothness of traction control in the snow, the sweetness of dynamic package for just $800 extra. The transmission is smooth and shifts gears up and down faster than the S40 I had it before. S60 seems to understand my driving demand. It doesn't matter I drove it like a old grandma or the opposite; the transmission shifted the way I expected at the right RPM. S60 gets about 31 MPG on the high way if I didn't turn on the adaptive cruise control or with the regular cruise control. Otherwise, it gets about 30 MPG on the high way and about 24 MPG in the city. The only minor problem I have with this car just like almost every car I have owned is the squeaking sound from the backseat or the door. It gets noisy if I turned down the music and focused on the sound, and it also depends on road surface. I brought it in to the dealer only once for this problem, but it seemed likely to be the problem with the road I have been driving through."

Love It!

By on Saturday, January 14, 2012

Pros: "Great Car all around!"

Cons: "The dealership in Tallahassee is dreadful."

"I have had this car for almost 1 year and still smile everytime I see"