2011 Volvo S60

Based on 66 Ratings for the 2009 - 2016 models.

Endless problems with my new S60 T5

By on Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Pros: "Could be fun to drive, comfy, great seats"

Cons: "Quality control, dealer service and Volvo NA"

"I have never had a vehicle with as many issues out the chute as this one. It takes many visits to the dealer to get them to address any issue; they tend to deny that the problem exists and hope you run out of time and don't come back. Volvo of North America has been inept and pathetic in handling my case. They are just not interested in customer service. These are issues that were resolved: - pressure release valve in a/c causing loud metallic noise. - bad fuel pump causing hard starting from cold. These are the issues that are unresolved: - Wobble in steering around 40mph. Dealer cannot detect any issue. - Surging and jerking in all gears and at all speeds. Volvo tells me this is normal. - Brakes are weak and appear to be losing vaccum. Volvo tells me this is normal. - Delayed engagement of first gear when pulling away from a stop. Volvo informs me that this is normal. I had a C30 before. None of these issues. Great car."

Loving my new S60

By on Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pros: "quick, sporty and comfortable"

Cons: "Bluetooth phone seems to disconnect to often."

"I recently traded a Lexus IS250, very glad I did. I've had many new cars the last 15 years, Audi, Lexus (2), Toyota, Volvo S80 and a Dodge. I make excuses to go the store so I can drive the new S60. I like the looks both exterior and interior. The car is quick and fast, very easy to control and drives smooth. The only complaint would be the bluetooth seems to drop more than it should. Something that is easy to reconnect but a pain."

So Far So Good

By on Sunday, February 13, 2011

"Definitely not your father's Volvo. Smart looking, incredibly comfortable, powerful engine. Some controls may be difficult to get use to. My initial experience has been a great one. The 5 year-60,000 bumper-to-bumper warranty with scheduled maint. included is about as good as it gets."

Great Car with versatility and comfort

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "Power, handling, styling, AWD, comfort"

Cons: "rims are soft, tires are thin, a little tight."

"I actually have a 2012 but it was not listed. T6 AWD. The car handles amazing and would put it up against any Euro car. 300HP AWD really handles well. I can be cruising thru town very mannerly or jam on down the expressway with amazing quickness and handling. The interior is done very nicely and Volvo is always concerned with ergonomics. Some cautionary notes: this car does not come with a spare but can be purchases seperately. After getting stuck on Rt. 78 in Newark on a weeknight I learned that better to have a spare for road side assistance to replace the wheel instead of storing the car overnight since you can't Fix a Flat a blown sidewall. The T6 AWD rims are very soft and the tires and very thin so be careful when driving. They handle great but are exposed to damage and possible flat tire."

Volvo S 60 T5

By on Sunday, May 05, 2013

Pros: "Great value, luxurious, excellent gas mileage"

Cons: "interior storage"

"I've owned a BMW 3 series and test drove the Mercedes C250 and this car is so much better. It's very luxurious and had so much more value than either the MB or BMW. I drove it on the autobahn and it is near the standard of the German cars. My only real complaint and it is small is that there is no real stroage cubbies in the cockpit. Other than that, the driving dynamics are excellent as well as the overall ownership experience. We utilize the dealer in Pensacola and they are awesome."