2011 Volvo S60

Based on 52 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

Pricey

By on Thursday, February 09, 2012

Pros: "Good looking. 25-31 MPG. Fit and finish."

Cons: "Over priced. Expensive to own. Poor resale."

"I have driven a Volvo for the last 40 years. The S60 is a good auto, but it can be expensive to own. Recently I needed a spare key and remote. I was blown away when I was told by the dealer it would cost about $400. Yes $400! The S60 is comfortable to drive and handles well and has plenty of power. I find it a bit to small in the driver's seat area. A Camry is much easier to get in and out of. Volvo has always had a reputation for building a safe auto, but today most all vehicles are as safe and many much less expensive to purchase and own. For example last year I sold a 2004 Volvo and a 2004 Camry with about the same miles and condition: the Camry sold for more than the Volvo! New, the Volvo cost about $15k more!"

Cramped for six footer

By on Tuesday, February 07, 2012

"I'm 6' tall and find that I can't adjust the seat so that I can both comfortably reach the steering wheel and also not have my right knee bumping the center console, especially on longer trips. Whenever driving, unless you have trained your arms to not get tired with your hands in the 10:00 and 2:00 position on the wheel, you will likely find that you need to adjust your grip often to fight fatigue. I'm someone who drives with my right hand generally near the top of the wheel and my left hand gripping the center left of the wheel, with my left elbow resting on the window sill. This has always been comfortable for me. In the S60, the distance from the window sill to the wheel requires you to put a lot of pressure on your fingers to maintain control, making them go numb easily. My only other negative is the blind spot created by the support between the front and rear right side windows. Otherwise, I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience with my first Volvo."

Best sedan for value

By on Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pros: "safety, comfort, drive, power, adaptive cruise"

"The best vehicle for value, adaptive cruise with queue assit is the best, the interior are hogh quality. the seats are comfortable the safety technology the best. leading the class, had driven the Benz c class, and bmw 3 series. the Volvo s60 2011 is the best"

Loving my new S60

By on Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pros: "quick, sporty and comfortable"

Cons: "Bluetooth phone seems to disconnect to often."

"I recently traded a Lexus IS250, very glad I did. I've had many new cars the last 15 years, Audi, Lexus (2), Toyota, Volvo S80 and a Dodge. I make excuses to go the store so I can drive the new S60. I like the looks both exterior and interior. The car is quick and fast, very easy to control and drives smooth. The only complaint would be the bluetooth seems to drop more than it should. Something that is easy to reconnect but a pain."

Better than BMW

By on Saturday, January 21, 2012

Pros: "Great value, responsive"

Cons: "Minor squeaking sound, extra for Bi-xeon lights"

"if you are looking for value and do not want to spend more for a BMW 3, buy this car because it performs as good as a BMW 3, especially with the dynamic and technology packages. If you enjoys a stiffer suspension and driving dynamic, one absolute option you must add is the dynamic package, which makes this car really awesome and responsive. I drove through a very sharp curve once that should require the car to slow down to 25MPH but I did it at 55MPH; the car stuck to the road and actively responded to the sharp turn with the cornering traction control. I loved this car since the first time I drove out of the dealer's lot. I'm loving it even more after coming back from the East coast driving a Korean-made rental car for seven days and over 500 miles. One significant difference is the stiffer steering power that is adjustable to the driver's demand and the smoothness of traction control in the snow, the sweetness of dynamic package for just $800 extra. The transmission is smooth and shifts gears up and down faster than the S40 I had it before. S60 seems to understand my driving demand. It doesn't matter I drove it like a old grandma or the opposite; the transmission shifted the way I expected at the right RPM. S60 gets about 31 MPG on the high way if I didn't turn on the adaptive cruise control or with the regular cruise control. Otherwise, it gets about 30 MPG on the high way and about 24 MPG in the city. The only minor problem I have with this car just like almost every car I have owned is the squeaking sound from the backseat or the door. It gets noisy if I turned down the music and focused on the sound, and it also depends on road surface. I brought it in to the dealer only once for this problem, but it seemed likely to be the problem with the road I have been driving through."

Love It!

By on Saturday, January 14, 2012

Pros: "Great Car all around!"

Cons: "The dealership in Tallahassee is dreadful."

"I have had this car for almost 1 year and still smile everytime I see"

awesome driving car

By on Tuesday, December 27, 2011

"Good gas mileage and more than ample power. The beechwood leather is awesome, I get many compliments. The only downside may be the donut spare tire which takes room in the trunk if you choose to get it as oppossed to the stock tire inflation repair kit. Great car for the money."

Great

By on Sunday, December 11, 2011

Pros: "awesome performance , safe, fun to drive"

"i love this car. It is smooth and powerful. I added polestar and have 327 horsepower and 355 torque the best!!!!!"

great vehicle

By on Tuesday, December 06, 2011

"drives great, tons of power, comfortable, better gas mileage than stated and its safe. love my volvo :)"

Excellent car

By on Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pros: "Comfort, style and performance"

Cons: "Minor interior design and multimedia control issue"

"I have the 2012 S60 T5 with Premium Package. Extremely comfortable, smooth ride and nice handling. I look forward to driving it even just to and from work. Very minor nitpicky stuff: the front passenger seatbelt buckle bangs against the interior when going over bumps (an adhesive felt patch fixed this), you have to hold down the power button on the multimedia system for 5 seconds for it to activate and the hooks for hanging your jacket/drycleaning don't hold more than one hanger very well. While I devoted the most verbage in this review to negatives, it was to hightlight that those are the only ones I have found - this is a really fun car. FYI - I shopped it against the BMW 3 series, Acura TSX, Infinti G series and Lexus ES. No comparison - best quality, most features and most comfort is the S60."

Love my car

By on Monday, November 14, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, easy to drive and be comfortable."

Cons: "NONE"

"I have had several different cars but love this car. It is the best drive i have had and i will not get another car again. It handles great and i would not change anything about it."

This is a Volvo???

By on Saturday, November 12, 2011

Pros: "fun, comfy, Scandinavian Design, Quality"

"I absolutely am in love with my 2012 Volvo S60 T5! I am 17 years old and everyone at school said (before they saw it) "if you had 32000 dollars to spend on a car then why didn't you buy something cool like a BMW or an Audi?" When they saw it for the first thing they said "this is a Volvo???" Volvo has done a fantastic job on this car! My brother has a 2010 Acura TL and every time that I have to drive his car, I feel soooo unconformable because the suspension in the Volvo absorbs all of the bumbs in the road very nicely. The styling of this car is fantastic and I can tell that Volvo is trying to appeal to a younger body of people. My parents like the car because of the warranty and safety is top notch. Definitively the Best choice in its price range."

I love this car!

By on Friday, September 23, 2011

Pros: "Great price for the luxury, an absolute JOY to drive!!!"

"I recently just bought this car and I could not be happier with my purchase. I have the beechwood interior and every possible option. The Volvo S60 T6 AWD is an amazing car. I traded in a BMW, my friends thought I was crazy....until they rode in it. I am the envy of the neighborhood and everyone who sees me driving around town."

Real head-turner!

By on Saturday, August 13, 2011

Pros: "quality, comfort, European Build, style, bluetooth integration, city-safety feature standard"

Cons: "no spare tire"

Even in the rain it looks great

"I just love what Volvo is doing with their new designs. My car turns heads and people go "Is that a Volvo?" I love it! There's a great attention to little details that Volvo engineers and designers think about. The comfort is just amazing here, I've sat in many competitor's cars and Volvo by far has the best room. The best thing is the comfort of the steering wheel. Most car companies don't pay too much attention to the most interacted part of a car, yet Volvo made it amazing to hold. So far every ride in my S60 has been a joy. Car feels very stable, solid and fast on the road. It might look like a sedan but when you give it some gas it turns corners in much more aggressive sporty way. I love it because I've been waiting for something like this from Volvo. Their new direction appeals to audience my age, and I am 26. This is no longer "parents car," this is fun, stylish and safest car out there. Great job, Volvo!"

Even in the rain it looks great

Volvo hits a home run

By on Saturday, July 30, 2011

Pros: "Delivers on many levels - very well done"

Cons: "Nav system is not quite as good as the rest of Sensus"

"This car is brilliant. It balances style, performance, comfort, luxury, safety, fuel economy, value, technology, and quality in one incredible package. While the T6 is a 300HP rocket, I decided on the T5 version. Its quite a bit cheaper and you get 30MPG highway with 250HP, and it is nearly as responsive as the T6. Oh, and did I mention it runs on REGULAR gas? The car looks great on the outside, and the interior is elegant. During normal driving it is smooth and quiet. I got every package (Climate, Dynamic, Premium, Technology, and Multimedia) and it was worth it. My favorite feature is Adaptive Cruise Control: It is almost magic. The Premium Sound system is excellent. The safety systems are smart, will save lives, and may make you a better driver. And the Sensus System is simple and easy to use and allows you to customize the car to your liking. And I think reliability is a good bet here - Consumer reports has Volvo and Lexus tied in overall manufacturer reliability, and ranks them quite a bit higher than BMW, Mercedes, and Audi. I do have a minor compliant with the Navigation system - its interface does not appear to be quite as good as the rest of Sensus, and takes a little getting used to. But it does work once you get the hang of it. But like I said, this is minor. The car is great."

Great value

By on Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Pros: "Value, drives beautifully."

"Was looking for a car with acceptable luxury features and performance, but with reasonable gas mileage. (Replacing a V8 Mercedes). Previously, I would not have considered a Volvo because I did not care for the styling. However they finally fixed the ugly rear end with this new S60 shape. So the Volvo went on my list together with the Mercedes C class, Audi A4, VW CC, etc. It quickly became apparent that the Volvo is by far the best value -- it has the styling, features and performance of the others and is better priced. Especially when the 5 year/60K service program is taken into account. I've had the Volvo now for several months and am not at all disappointed."

As Good As It Gets

By on Tuesday, May 24, 2011

"This is my third volvo since 1990 and I only have 700 miles on the 2012 S60, but it is quickly becoming the best of the three yet. Having some trouble getting the car to download the phonebook from my cell phone, but I like the way bluetooth connection works better than the 2009 Acura TSX I traded. Seats are big and wide, ride is very comfortable and the interior and exterior of this car is awesome. Definately worth looking at if your looking to make a purchase, and the 5 yr 60k warranty and scheduled maintenance doesn't get any better."

New and Hot

By on Monday, May 02, 2011

"For the money, best car built. Expored market for 2 years evaluating entry level luxury cars. Most bang for the bucks plus safest. 5 year maintenance coverage can't be beat."

sporty safe and fuel efficient

By on Wednesday, April 13, 2011

"I have been driving the 2012 S60 for a month now and get about 25 mpg, super comfortable seats / interrior wrapped in a very sporty package. The electronic "infotainment" system and steering wheel control over radio+satelite+ipod+phone is probably my favorite feature. And the car is extremely quiet - very nice ride."

great car

By on Sunday, February 27, 2011

"This is my 5th Volvo, I have had the C70 hardtop convertable,older S60 and S80 V8 AWD which was my last car and I thought the best, until the S60 2011 T6 Awd. It is a great ride and offers sporty and safe at the same time. the dealer was right that I would find it an awesome car. I was nervous going from the S80 to the S60 but have no complaints."

So Far So Good

By on Sunday, February 13, 2011

"Definitely not your father's Volvo. Smart looking, incredibly comfortable, powerful engine. Some controls may be difficult to get use to. My initial experience has been a great one. The 5 year-60,000 bumper-to-bumper warranty with scheduled maint. included is about as good as it gets."

Grear vehicle

By on Wednesday, June 30, 2010

"This is one of the nicest vehicles I have owned. This is the 2nd volvo I have owned and am glad I have another one. It is so quiet and comfortable."

Have owned 2 AWD S60

By on Wednesday, April 21, 2010

"I now have 45 K on my second s60 awd. Drove the first one to 90 K. The cost to own these cars is the very low considering the performance, quality, and confort. Total cost to get to 45 K is $1600.00 including all factory service and a set of tires."

2009 Volvo S60 T5

By on Thursday, January 07, 2010

"I had just graduated from college and wanted to buy a new car as a graduation gift in late 2008. I had already had a Lexes but wanted to change up a little. I looked at the S60 and liked but I wanted more power so I opted for the T5 version. I took the Overseas Devilery tour and enjoyed It!!! I also toured the factory plant and saw how the car was made, and was amazed! My S60 T5 get good gas mileage and is hands down better built than Lexus. Europeans knows what they are doing when it comes to building cars. I've have not had a single problem and all I do is put gas in it, wash it and take it in for oil changes! Im thinking about trading my 09" for a newer version when It comes out!!!! It worth spending $36,000 for!!!!"

Hugh Surprise

By on Saturday, December 26, 2009

"Looked all over for a nice sedan. Audi A-4, VW CC, American Iron, etc. I wanted a vehicle that the manufacture owned at least 5 years. Volve started a program on the S-60 that met my needs. I drove the vehicle and was totally surprised. Comfortable, quite, and a terrific ride. Six months later it just keeps getting better. The S-60 handles like a high dollar rocket at a fraction of the cost. I can work the radio and everything works better than advertised. It doesn't have the power of my M, however as a daily driver it handles fine on our highways. My wife loves it and we plan on keeping it a long time. The tech info is simple. Put gas in it and press the accelerator. The turbo will handle the rest. I have owned about 20 different cars and SUV's in my life and the S-60 has to be on the top of the list for quality and safety."

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next