2011 Volvo S60

Based on 54 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

Love it!

By on Friday, November 22, 2013

Pros: "handling is great. This car is so comfortable."

Cons: "could have more leg room in the back seat."

"I WILL BUY A VOLVO AGAIN AND AGAIN!"

Surprise, this Volvo is cool.

By on Sunday, November 10, 2013

Pros: "Great driver, quick and handles well."

Cons: "Back seat and trunk space limited."

"Not your Grandfathers Volvo, this T6 can really go. Performs as good or better than my wife's BMW 382XI. The Volvo is definitely faster, the BMW may get a slight nod for steering response. A must for a test drive if you are in the market. The AWD is awesome in the snow."

After test driving many cars...

By on Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Pros: "Top-notch interior, different styling"

Cons: "MPG, smallish trunk, smallish back seats"

"Full disclosure--my last car was as 98 S70 turbo. Full disclosure 2.0--I really thought I wanted a BMW 3 series. Having a little too much librarian blood, I researched the heck out of the sport sedan segment. Yeah. I like sport sedans. No, I love them. I want a peppy ride, but also a back seat that folds down so I can haul my music equipment. Why not get an SUV or crossover? I hate the handling. I am the quintessential sport sedan owner. All indicators said BMW 3 series. It is the benchmark. I know you all read those reviews, too, since you're bothering to read this. So, I test drove all potential rivals, excluding the Volvo because I was ready for a change. The rivals, I admit, were somewhat limited due to geographic limitations...what dealerships were in my area. My test cars: Passat TDI. I wanted to love this car since it has fabulous MPG. Handling was OK, but not great. Impressive torque, though. Exterior bland. Interior blander. What is it with the pleather? Kia Optima Turbo. This car is a gizmotron. The sunroof was cool. Handling was pretty sharp. Acceleration adequate. Exterior on the turbo was ugly. Interior was uglier. I am just not the demographic for this car. It is made for some 25-35 year old dude who for some reason wants a sedan. If I was that dude, I would go with the Dodge Charger. Ford Fusion Ecoboost. Hubs wanted to test this car. It gets great reviews. They didn't have a six, so I drove the four. It is noisy. Sure, the car is a gizmotron like the Optima. But, I don't really care about giving voice commands to my car. Just give me an easy to reach dial for the climate. The interior is spacious, but not appealing. I hate the much-lauded exterior. The grill looks like a catfish and the rear has those squinty Audi taillights(like the Kia Optima). I know other people love this look, but it makes me wince. I headed to the BMW dealership ready to buy. Already, I was sold on the the 328i's exterior. But, something unexpected happened when I got in the car. The interior was...strange. The info screen was kind of propped up on the dash. The cup-holders had a weird tray over them. What am I supposed to do with this tray when I have a coffee? Toss it in the back seat? It was all a bit unsettling. But, drive it. The steering is, indeed, wonderful. As is the braking. But, I just couldn't love the 8 speed automatic. Getting on the freeway, tearing through an awful lot of gears on an on-ramp, just wasn't pleasant. Then, there was the gas-saving feature. The engine turns off at stop-lights. Wonderful in theory. Annoying in practice. Sure, you can turn that off, but why pay extra for something that annoys you? Ditto on the heads-up display. Fine. I'm going to go look at the Volvo S60 because it is just down the street from the BMW joint. The S60 has a great eye-catching exterior with the sweeping line of the trunk and the bold grill, but I really wanted to move into another brand. Ugh. I got into the car and absolutely loved the interior. It is elegant and simple. The ride is miles superior from my old S70. It was smooth, but had just the right amount of road feel. The 6 speed automatic handled a quick shift from 0-65 with pleasant ease. I knew after five minutes in the car that it was "The One." Sometimes, you just know. I can't vouch for reliability since I've only had it for a month. So far, so good. Oh, and when an artist friend saw the new car, she said, "I don't usually notice cars, but that car is beautiful.""

Solid, powerful, fun!

By on Thursday, May 30, 2013

Pros: "Uses regular gas. Is very sporty."

Cons: "Bland dashboard and gauges. Gas mileage not great"

"After many years of Japanese cars, I had to break free. The s60 won me over, over the German high end offerings, and all the others. If you want comfort, power and safety, this is your car. Someone described the seats as sitting In a comfortable baseball glove, and I concur. Best seats ever! Great stitching and details make them even better. Power is great, love the turbo. The navigation is just ok. Not great. Wouldn't buy it again, unless volvo improves it. The dashboard is rather bland......dials and gauges are just basic and rather boring. However, the overall value feels great. I love to drive this car! This black metallic S60 gets a lot of attention. And a lot of baths. Black cars are gorgeous, but they need constant work. Worth it? Yeah!!!!!"

Great Car So Far

By on Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Pros: "Gas Milage , ride"

Cons: "No spare tire, phone won't work if radio off"

"Had this car for 6 months and can't say many things bad about it. It drives Great gas millage on hwy at 74mph 33.5. Only thing so far I don't like you can't turn radio off and still use bluetooth phone and not much internal storage. I also own another Volvo an XC90. The S60 so far has impressed me with it's ride and overall comfort. We will see if it last but so far I really like it alot. I resently rented a Toyota Camery and the Volvo S60 has it beat hands down as far as ride and comfort."