2009 Volvo S60

Based on 119 Ratings for the 2006 - 2008 models.

Previous | 1 ... 3 4 5 | Next

If you want luxury and reliability w/out snobbines

By on Wednesday, October 01, 2008

"Bought a used 2007 S60 2.5t. A bit too much fun to drive and too good on the highway - got a 95 mph ticket within a couple weeks. Great power, completely smooth even at 100 (wanted to put on cruise control at that speed.) Cruise control at exactly 73 after getting the ticket worked very nicely. The exterior doesn't turn heads (though it looks very nice,) nor does the Volvo name (people say you bought a "what?") but when people step inside, they are really impressed. The front and back black leather seats are awesome, the dual climate control works great and makes life easy (perfect temp at all times for each passenger.) Hardwood interior perfectly placed to create a great look, whole console more stylish than the Jaguar I test drove, more comfortable seats (the best) and better sound system (not quite like the Bose 6-speaker I had in my Mazda MX-5, but very decent.) Only 1 real complaint - there is a foot pad for the left driver foot in the front seat that is nice BUT for a tall person like me with big feet (6 ft, size 11 wide) it eliminates room for your foot and is a real issue - I'll have to have the carpet and padding cut out sometime soon, a real pain. Most people don't seem to have this issue. The other thing I'd say is after having a little sports convertible, I miss a bit of the Wow factor and the zip feel - don't get me wrong, the S60's turbo really zips, but so much that you are doing 80 before you know it - when you are just driving regularly, it is SOOO smooth, that it doesn't feel zippy - this can be a good thing, as it feels super luxury/smooth. But I miss a bit of the Wow and the zip. On the other hand, women are much more wowed by this car, especially the interior. Not that any of you would think about that sort of thing :) Mediocre mileage in the city, especially with any traffic (can be like 18, more like 20 if traffic's not as bad) but on the highway great (33 or so w the A/C on.) Computer tells you exact MPG at any second, quite fun. Overall, great car, great performance, so far very reliable, great service (at Galpin where I got), great pop with the Turbo, great feel inside, nice sound system, nice look outside, great computer/features, and got a great deal on it with the bad economy. I would say a perfect mix of luxury, sportiness, reliability and, of course, safety, which is no small thing. Oh yeah, the turn radius is abysmal - you really have to experience to believe it. But it's irrelevant except when you're parking, so who cares really."

Superb

By on Sunday, September 14, 2008

"We own a 00 S70 and now an '07 S60. Both cars are flawless. The S60 performs just as well as any of those high end luxury cars. I consider this to be a luxury car, from the inside, the the outside, and also the performance. Everything is perfect in this car. The acceleration is phenomenal. I get looks and stares every time I drive this car. It performs extremely well in the winter months, as it made it up steep hills covered in ice without a problem. I would highly recommend this car to anyone who wants to own a Volvo."

Almost 5 star comfort

By on Saturday, September 06, 2008

"I love this car and am happy every time I slide into the drivers seat. The leather is top quality and all the buttons intuitive. You can't get that kind of true luxury for cheaper. Feel the leather Honda or Toyota puts in- you can easily tell the difference. I've had my S60 2.5T over a year, no mechanical problems at all. I ran out of gas once, but that was my own fault, since a display actually shows how many miles there are left in the tank. I get an average of 25 mpg, with 2/3 street and 1/3 highway usual driving mix. (It's 2 miles on the freeway each way to my office) But I also am not an aggressive stop-start driver. Any large adult behind me is not so comfortable, the back seat just doesn't have enough leg room for any one 5'10'' feet and over, which is why only 4/5 stars for comfort. Overall, great deal for someone who isn't showy, but wants luxury."

2007 S60

By on Sunday, August 03, 2008

"Overall it is a sound car. Engine is adeuqate and it runs quiet. I have had this car for seven months now. There are some little quirks with the interior that should have been worked out. Spare fuses are attached to a panel in the dash and in the first week of having the car some came loose and were causing a rattle. The leather is average, at best. The on/off button for the cruise control is on the steering wheel and can to easily be touched. The sunroof control is not the best design. Volvo could learn from Infiniti or VW on a better control. The lumbar knob is also in a bad location that makes it hard to use. A wind deflector for the sunroof is also highly recommended. Handling and response of the car is good. The engine performs well and has enough power for the average driver."

Solid as a rock!

By on Wednesday, June 04, 2008

"27 months into a 36 month lease and it has been flawless. Very sad to hear that Volvo (Ford) is going to replace the S-60 in the near future. If it's not broke, don't fix it!"

I love this car

By on Monday, May 12, 2008

"I leased my Volvo two years ago and am now extending the lease because I cannot give it up. I enjoy driving it every time I get behind the wheel. It's extremely comfortable, responsive, and looks great!"

By on Sunday, May 11, 2008

"Still early, but first impressions, car is respectable in all areas but turning radius is alittle wide.."

Tiny gas guzzler...

By on Tuesday, April 29, 2008

"Don't know if the problem is the turbo, or what, but VERY poor gas mileage. We have an 8 cylinder truck that gets better gas mileage. The car is fun to drive, but has no turning radius and not much leg room for rear passengers. Also, expected better reliability-- had to replace the fuel pump within the first year. Thought maybe that was part of the problem with the poor gas mileage, but no such luck."

Great vehicle

By on Tuesday, March 11, 2008

"This car is the greatest blend of family car and hot rod. My only squabble is the rear seat leg room, it ain't much for an adult, but the kids are ok for now. The speed and quickness of this car is awesome"

The Big Turn

By on Wednesday, February 27, 2008

"The S60 is a lovely vehicle, but is has one major flaw, that is the turn radius. It is horrible. Don't plan on making any tight u-turns, because you will be holding up traffic for a half hour until you can complete your turn. All of the Volvo dealers I spoke with know about this, although they failed to mention it when I bought the vehicle. Otherwise, this car has a lot of bang for the buck. It is a wonderful luxury car with a sporty feel. The turbo boost provides a nice acceleration, you can pass most vehicles on the freeway with ease. Enjoy."

By on Monday, February 25, 2008

"I have had the vehicle since '06, it is very dependable and has almost everything I need. I am a tall guy, and the comfort on this car is perfect. Everything works like it should, has a good amount of power and handling. The Continental tires that it came with are a little too comfortable for me, do not have enough traction performance for my driving style."

Only better than the average sports sedan

By on Friday, February 22, 2008

"I previously owned a S-80 and was looking for the same performance in a smaller car. The S-60 has not met those expectations, as the ride, road vibration, and turning radius are an under-performers in relation to the price. I did get a great deal on a demo, which was fully loaded, with all sport options, but without those added features, would have been much more disappointed with the cars performance. The leather seats have a luxury feel/look, and interior buttons are easy to reach, simplicity of the Volvo design."

Not cracked up to be

By on Thursday, February 14, 2008

"Great power, poor leg room for a 6-foot man. I've had lots of trouble with the electrical system and the customer service in my area are terrible. I will never buy a Volvo again."

Bank for buck the best!

By on Friday, January 18, 2008

"Gobs of power and going to IPD for more! Adjustable suspension really works unlike some cars. The R is a stealth machine and it is unfortunate Volvo discontinued the model. Let's hope they bring it back. Two complaints; lack of subwoofer and turning radius."

amazing for what i paid

By on Tuesday, December 11, 2007

"I bough this car certified pre-owned. It had 15K miles on it. The car is pretty brand new to me. I was planning on buying a Ford, but got this car for the same price as a brand new fusion... needless to say I got way more for the money. I wish it had a littl better turning radius, bluetooth and I wish the dealership I'm with had a better service dept. (next closest dealerships are 120 + miles away.)"

Excellent Car

By on Wednesday, December 05, 2007

"I love the way it handles, has power and is an excellent ride, very smooth. I would recommend this one to anyone."

By on Tuesday, November 06, 2007

"We bought this car at the end of July 2006 and have driven it 21k. It's too soon to judge reliability, but so far, so good. Dealer service has been exceptional. Our only complaint would be the design of the forward-pressing, fixed headrests. They force the shoulders of shorter occupants off the seats, making rides of more than 20 minutes or so extremely tiring. Adjusting the lumbar support does not help. We consulted with a chiropractor who suggested we place seat cushions behind our backs. The cushions move us forward & away from the headrests, which solves the problem. However, we shouldn't have to go to that trouble & expense on a car that cost $30k+."

By on Tuesday, October 30, 2007

"Overall, the Volvo S60 is a wonderful vehicle. Very comfortable for long rides. Leather interior is soft and fits the body contours. Stock stereo sounds great! Smooth ride, hugs the road on turns, good acceleration and stopping. Only complaint is the turning radius. Have to be very careful or end up having to make 3 point turns at intersections!"

mix of sport and luxury

By on Friday, August 17, 2007

"I've had the car for 15 months and I enjoy the refinement and the excellent mix of sportiness and luxury. It's not great at either but very good at both. It glides down the road but without the floaty feel of some luxury cars. The seats are like my leather couch at home-very comfortable."

Previous | 1 ... 3 4 5 | Next