2009 Volvo S60

Based on 113 Ratings for the 2006 - 2008 models.

Excellent in many ways

By on Thursday, August 13, 2009

"2007 S60 is excellent! I bought it used in 2008 and it was a steal. Great ride. By far the most comfortable vehicle I've ever driven. Front seats are the best on the market. Quick, stylish, fun to drive and gets 23 MPG -- even up to 30 on long highway drives."

By on Saturday, July 11, 2009

Great Sleeper

By on Monday, June 29, 2009

"This Volvo is your best bang for your buck performance sedan while it was in production 04-07. Great used deals on these models are a real steal."

By on Monday, April 27, 2009

Love This Car

By on Sunday, April 26, 2009

"I love this car and am happy every time I slide into the drivers seat. . You can't get that kind of true luxury for less. I love my Surround sound system. This really makes driving this car truly enjoyable.. I am a big lover of music. And this sound system just wraps you in the most incrediable sound I have ever heard from a factory audio system.. The TL Surround sound audio system is equally awsome..I've had my S60 2.5T '08' about a month, Great end of year closeout price. No mechanical problems at all. I managed, on my 1st tank of gas, to get an average of 23 mpg, with 3/4 street and 1/4 highway usual driving mix. (It's 2 miles on the freeway each way to my office) But I am somewhat an aggressive stop-start driver. Any large adult 5'10'' feet and over, sitting in the back seat may find lack of leg room But! shoulder, hip, head and thigh(support) excellent, which is why only 4/5 stars for comfort. Overall, I love the exterior styling. Not flashy, but sporty enough and truly beautiful to look at.. I get very pleasing looks from other motorist. /passer by's...Esp from those C Class owners, As I leave them in the dust. This car handles well, more luxurious smooth ride than sporty.. But! its sporty side rears its head into turns , like a true sports sedan. The 2.5T is a jaguar in sheeps clothing. The power is there when called upon. So! the 208 hp 5 cyl Light turbo is full of peep and quick, the front wheels smoked, (layed rubber) in heavy exceleration.The light boost turbo does its job and does it WELL! and before I knew it I was at 85 mph, with minor torc steer.. But! quiet. no road noise at highway speeds, and city driving.. The engine is a bit noisey during acceleration , city traffic, But quickly smooths and quiets down as you level out. The interior fit and finish is top notch and the instrument cluster is driver friendly / intuitive, Seats are very comfortable.. The major complaint I have is like most everyone else who wrote a review is that DARN WIDE turning radius!!!!!!! 38.7 feet!!!!!! ( same issue with the new Acura TL) The S80 IS LESS THAN 30 FEET. Come on VOLVO engineers . Lets work on that.. When trying to park this car is can be a bit annoying. I actually srcaped my front corn bumper on the dually tires next to me as I was parking the car at a restuarant.. Not only is the turning radius POOR, but not being able to see the hood or end of the hood of the car,, doesn't help, ,, Suggestion front parking sensors!!!!! Again all other VOLVO models have this option.. And secondly,, Htere is o TRUNK RELEASE BUTTON inthe CABIN... Again,, annoying!!! You have to push the auto door lock button Unlock all doors to unlock the trunk, (not a very good safety feature,, Volvo! )and or take out the key from the ignition and then walk behind the car and use the trunk button on the key pod!!!,,which is the reason for the 4/5 performance rating But! my main deciding factor in choosing the S60 is Volvo's legendary safety features, crash test, crumple zones that protect the occupants in a crash.."

Too small for families!!!

By on Saturday, April 18, 2009

"The legroom is horrible!!! If my husband rides in the front seat he has to move the front seat all the way to the backseat. Noone can sit behind him in the vehicle because there's no leg room!!"

Unbelievable

By on Thursday, April 02, 2009

"The S60R is the best car I have ever owned. Comfort, performance, style. I especially like the subtle nature of this little hot rod."

Never would a thought...

By on Wednesday, April 01, 2009

"Never would have thought I'd own a Volvo, but this one would keep up with my twin turbo 300Z. Difference...it's quiet, comfortable, seats 5 and AWD...best car I've owned to date. The styling rating is bogus, style is personal, a matter of individual taste. Why would you buy a car that you rate less than 10 for style?"

Glad to get back to an R

By on Thursday, March 19, 2009

"I had an 850-R and felt sorry to trade it for an upscaled Japanese car. Luckily I found a preowned 2006 S60R in excellent condition and I felt I got my super powers back. Being an all wheel drive vehicle, you can't expect it to turn on a dime, I managed to correct this significantly by replacing the tires with Primewell PZ-900 235/45/ZR17's and the turns are now great. The old socket on the dash meant for the long gone analog phone works great to keep your sunglasses in. I definitely agree that this car is a keeper for the Volvo High Milage Club unless the R has another comeback preferably as a V6."

By on Wednesday, March 18, 2009

soo much fun!

By on Saturday, March 14, 2009

"Totally fun car for those who like to drive. Extreme comfort and stability. Drives awesome in the snow!! You definately get what you pay for when you buy the S60 R: Luxury and speed."

I love my Volvo S-60 R

By on Monday, March 02, 2009

"I got this car in September of 2007 and have loved it since minute one. It is very comfortable (unless you are 5'11" + and in the back seat). I live in Wyoming and the winters can be tough, but my car doesn't care and I have passed trucks stuck or spun out with my Volvo S60 R flying by with no problems. The only down side is that it is fast, very fast and designed so well half the time I have no idea how fast I am going, so watch out for tickets. I would buy this car again, and again. Plus, with the Volvo amazing customer service, there is virtually no risk or worries for the first 4 years! The customer service alone makes Volvo stand out above the rest!"

Amazing engineering!!

By on Sunday, February 22, 2009

"We've had our S60 for a little over a year and we love it. My wife and I were rear-ended by a pickup truck going approximately 50mph and we walked away without a scratch. The car buckled exactly the way it was designed to do. There was $20,000 of damage to the exterior and frame, but the inside of the car was impeccable. My wife's seat released exactly as it was supposed to (the Whiplash Protection Seating System). Volvo is legendary for their safety ratings and we can attest to that first-hand!!"

By on Thursday, February 12, 2009

By on Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Just OK

By on Saturday, February 07, 2009

"Loud road noise. Irritating interior squeaks and rattles. Turning radius limited. Miles per gallon lower than advertised. Overall car is okay but not superior."

Amazed

By on Wednesday, January 21, 2009

"I always thought Volvo's were known for quality and good service. From day 1 when I turn my wheel sharp there was a horrible rubbing noise of the tire against the wheel well...Volvo told me this is a safety feature (it's annoying!). Fog lights in back only 1 works the other does not light (again a safety feature). At 30,000 miles tires had to be replaced and again at 60,000 due to the rubbing safety feature. Door handles on passenger side broke. ( I drive alone 75% of the time). And wind noise when driving fast is an issue....the rubbing noise drives me in sane with every U-Turn and turning into parking spaces on a daily basis...should not happen with a $36,000 car."

COMFORT

By on Thursday, January 15, 2009

"Everything about the car is great other than you can really feel rough roads. The shorter wheel base is probably the reason it feels choppie on some roads. The looks of the car, the performance and quality are all what you would expect from Volvo, which is above the norm."

Sleeper on the road

By on Monday, January 12, 2009

"I ve owned the S60R for about 1 1/2 yrs and it s a great vehicle. 300hp, 6spd manual cruises the freeway with ease. For those complaining about the turn radius, IT S AN ALL WHEEL DRIVE vehicle, they are all like that. Dont get an AWD if you like to make U-turns. The Pirelli P-Zero's can be replace with better tires. I had the dealer install the i-pod cable and I control it from the radio. Everyone ask me what model Volvo it is because of the sporty look on front. I will definetly buy another if they bring back the S60 R."

Volvo S60

By on Thursday, December 04, 2008

"Nice car. Very reliable and the styling is great. Buy it if you want the sporty and stylish look in a good cruiser. Good pick up off the mark and very good passing power. Handling around corners is just so-so. That is, this car holds the road very well but the steering responsiveness is mediocre. If you like a sporty driving style, this car is not for you. If you want a reliable comfortable and stylish car that has a decent amount of power, you will probably like this vehicle."

As expected

By on Saturday, November 01, 2008

"The only thing I dread about this vehicle is the turning radius. It is absolutely pathetic. Unbelievably bad. Nonetheless, other than a few quirky things that needed fixing (water spray on hood, re-sealing of passenger door due to water leak when washing, new seal on trunk due to water dripping in when opened in the rain, although this still happens), we love this car."

Beat my Accord deal

By on Tuesday, October 21, 2008

"Bought an 07 S-60 demo w/6k mi for less $ than an Accord EX-L. After 15k mi, never regretted it! Fantastic seats, great fit and finish, superb highway driving, interstate 33mpg at 70+ with AC, in-town everyday 24.5mpg. Yep, turning radius is wider than I like and the back seat doesn't comfortably seat six footers."

After two years and 25,000 miles

By on Thursday, October 02, 2008

"I've had minor problems with rattles and other noises. And a plastic part on the access door for the fuel refill broke off. This car is pretty fast for a luxury 4 door sedan! And I get over 30 miles to the gallon on the highway. A great combination with gas prices going up."

If you want luxury and reliability w/out snobbines

By on Wednesday, October 01, 2008

"Bought a used 2007 S60 2.5t. A bit too much fun to drive and too good on the highway - got a 95 mph ticket within a couple weeks. Great power, completely smooth even at 100 (wanted to put on cruise control at that speed.) Cruise control at exactly 73 after getting the ticket worked very nicely. The exterior doesn't turn heads (though it looks very nice,) nor does the Volvo name (people say you bought a "what?") but when people step inside, they are really impressed. The front and back black leather seats are awesome, the dual climate control works great and makes life easy (perfect temp at all times for each passenger.) Hardwood interior perfectly placed to create a great look, whole console more stylish than the Jaguar I test drove, more comfortable seats (the best) and better sound system (not quite like the Bose 6-speaker I had in my Mazda MX-5, but very decent.) Only 1 real complaint - there is a foot pad for the left driver foot in the front seat that is nice BUT for a tall person like me with big feet (6 ft, size 11 wide) it eliminates room for your foot and is a real issue - I'll have to have the carpet and padding cut out sometime soon, a real pain. Most people don't seem to have this issue. The other thing I'd say is after having a little sports convertible, I miss a bit of the Wow factor and the zip feel - don't get me wrong, the S60's turbo really zips, but so much that you are doing 80 before you know it - when you are just driving regularly, it is SOOO smooth, that it doesn't feel zippy - this can be a good thing, as it feels super luxury/smooth. But I miss a bit of the Wow and the zip. On the other hand, women are much more wowed by this car, especially the interior. Not that any of you would think about that sort of thing :) Mediocre mileage in the city, especially with any traffic (can be like 18, more like 20 if traffic's not as bad) but on the highway great (33 or so w the A/C on.) Computer tells you exact MPG at any second, quite fun. Overall, great car, great performance, so far very reliable, great service (at Galpin where I got), great pop with the Turbo, great feel inside, nice sound system, nice look outside, great computer/features, and got a great deal on it with the bad economy. I would say a perfect mix of luxury, sportiness, reliability and, of course, safety, which is no small thing. Oh yeah, the turn radius is abysmal - you really have to experience to believe it. But it's irrelevant except when you're parking, so who cares really."

Superb

By on Sunday, September 14, 2008

"We own a 00 S70 and now an '07 S60. Both cars are flawless. The S60 performs just as well as any of those high end luxury cars. I consider this to be a luxury car, from the inside, the the outside, and also the performance. Everything is perfect in this car. The acceleration is phenomenal. I get looks and stares every time I drive this car. It performs extremely well in the winter months, as it made it up steep hills covered in ice without a problem. I would highly recommend this car to anyone who wants to own a Volvo."