2009 Volvo S60

Based on 118 Ratings for the 2006 - 2008 models.

By on Tuesday, December 08, 2009

"Just replaced a 2003 S60 with a 2008 S60 5T, loved the old one and hope the new one holds up as well as the 2003. 100,000 miles on the 2003. Our only complaint is the, you guessed it, turning radius. But with all the other good stuff you can overlook one little problem. I would recommend the Volvo S60 to anyone."

Glad to get back to an R

By on Thursday, March 19, 2009

"I had an 850-R and felt sorry to trade it for an upscaled Japanese car. Luckily I found a preowned 2006 S60R in excellent condition and I felt I got my super powers back. Being an all wheel drive vehicle, you can't expect it to turn on a dime, I managed to correct this significantly by replacing the tires with Primewell PZ-900 235/45/ZR17's and the turns are now great. The old socket on the dash meant for the long gone analog phone works great to keep your sunglasses in. I definitely agree that this car is a keeper for the Volvo High Milage Club unless the R has another comeback preferably as a V6."

Amazing engineering!!

By on Sunday, February 22, 2009

"We've had our S60 for a little over a year and we love it. My wife and I were rear-ended by a pickup truck going approximately 50mph and we walked away without a scratch. The car buckled exactly the way it was designed to do. There was $20,000 of damage to the exterior and frame, but the inside of the car was impeccable. My wife's seat released exactly as it was supposed to (the Whiplash Protection Seating System). Volvo is legendary for their safety ratings and we can attest to that first-hand!!"

3rd Volvo and hooked FOREVER!

By on Saturday, April 04, 2015

Pros: "Body style is my favorite, gas mileage, reliable"

Cons: "Steering radius"

"My first Volvo was the S 60 it was a 2004 and I loved it but had some issues with the car that were a bit costly to repair. My second Volvo was the XC 90 it was a 2005 and it was awesome but I do a lot of driving in the city and the mpg in town was a bit low and it was at a time when gas prices were crazy high. My third Volvo was once again the S 60 it is a 2008. I bought the car when it was two years old and it has been the most reliable car and the gas mileage is better than listed. In town I average about 22 mpg and the highway about 30 mpg. I have noticed the mileage is higher when I maintain 80 mph or higher. I have had the car up to 145 mph and I was literally gliding on air. My next one will be a C 70 however I will keep my S 60 for the reliability and safety features which Volvo surpasses compared to other vehicles especially in the luxury class."

Good, dependable vehicle!

By on Monday, February 24, 2014

Pros: "Nice quiet ride"

Cons: "Cup holders in front not great"

"Great handling, quiet ride. Has all the safety protection that you'd expect from a Volvo. Handles really well and has comfortable driving area though it sits a little low in passenger seat (limited visibility for short people). Cup holders not great, but great vehicle for work commute or longer driving. I'd buy another!"

By on Monday, April 27, 2009

Never would a thought...

By on Wednesday, April 01, 2009

"Never would have thought I'd own a Volvo, but this one would keep up with my twin turbo 300Z. Difference...it's quiet, comfortable, seats 5 and AWD...best car I've owned to date. The styling rating is bogus, style is personal, a matter of individual taste. Why would you buy a car that you rate less than 10 for style?"

Amazed

By on Wednesday, January 21, 2009

"I always thought Volvo's were known for quality and good service. From day 1 when I turn my wheel sharp there was a horrible rubbing noise of the tire against the wheel well...Volvo told me this is a safety feature (it's annoying!). Fog lights in back only 1 works the other does not light (again a safety feature). At 30,000 miles tires had to be replaced and again at 60,000 due to the rubbing safety feature. Door handles on passenger side broke. ( I drive alone 75% of the time). And wind noise when driving fast is an issue....the rubbing noise drives me in sane with every U-Turn and turning into parking spaces on a daily basis...should not happen with a $36,000 car."

Disappointing Buy

By on Saturday, July 19, 2008

"This 2006 Volvo S60 has been giving me trouble after a month. I have had several cars and NEVER had problems with the interior of a car. I was so surprised when the interior door handles broke. Not once, but twice. The engine light would malfunction, this is just the minor problems. I purchased the car new with only 18 miles at the time of purchase. It was towed twice to the dealership for repairs during the first 6 mouths. I began talking to others who had a Volvo and they had problems as well. One of the individuals I spoke to said it best, "If you want to buy a Volvo make sure ask if the car comes with a mechanic!!!!"

Makes me feel like a kid again...

By on Friday, February 14, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, speed, decent gas mileage, speed..."

Cons: "Back seat leg room, but I never ride there..."

"Does anyone else like to see how fast their car can go? Did anyone else get scared with how fast the S60 can go? I drive down to Phoenix from Colorado Springs each year for baseball spring training, and each year my red rocket gets me there in good shape. I love this car. I've had a lot of cars in my life, but this may be the first one that I actually love. I bought it new in the fall of 2008 and it was the greatest investment of my life. I cannot imagine driving anything else."