2009 Volvo S60

Based on 119 Ratings for the 2006 - 2008 models.

If you want luxury and reliability w/out snobbines

By on Wednesday, October 01, 2008

"Bought a used 2007 S60 2.5t. A bit too much fun to drive and too good on the highway - got a 95 mph ticket within a couple weeks. Great power, completely smooth even at 100 (wanted to put on cruise control at that speed.) Cruise control at exactly 73 after getting the ticket worked very nicely. The exterior doesn't turn heads (though it looks very nice,) nor does the Volvo name (people say you bought a "what?") but when people step inside, they are really impressed. The front and back black leather seats are awesome, the dual climate control works great and makes life easy (perfect temp at all times for each passenger.) Hardwood interior perfectly placed to create a great look, whole console more stylish than the Jaguar I test drove, more comfortable seats (the best) and better sound system (not quite like the Bose 6-speaker I had in my Mazda MX-5, but very decent.) Only 1 real complaint - there is a foot pad for the left driver foot in the front seat that is nice BUT for a tall person like me with big feet (6 ft, size 11 wide) it eliminates room for your foot and is a real issue - I'll have to have the carpet and padding cut out sometime soon, a real pain. Most people don't seem to have this issue. The other thing I'd say is after having a little sports convertible, I miss a bit of the Wow factor and the zip feel - don't get me wrong, the S60's turbo really zips, but so much that you are doing 80 before you know it - when you are just driving regularly, it is SOOO smooth, that it doesn't feel zippy - this can be a good thing, as it feels super luxury/smooth. But I miss a bit of the Wow and the zip. On the other hand, women are much more wowed by this car, especially the interior. Not that any of you would think about that sort of thing :) Mediocre mileage in the city, especially with any traffic (can be like 18, more like 20 if traffic's not as bad) but on the highway great (33 or so w the A/C on.) Computer tells you exact MPG at any second, quite fun. Overall, great car, great performance, so far very reliable, great service (at Galpin where I got), great pop with the Turbo, great feel inside, nice sound system, nice look outside, great computer/features, and got a great deal on it with the bad economy. I would say a perfect mix of luxury, sportiness, reliability and, of course, safety, which is no small thing. Oh yeah, the turn radius is abysmal - you really have to experience to believe it. But it's irrelevant except when you're parking, so who cares really."

Superb

By on Sunday, September 14, 2008

"We own a 00 S70 and now an '07 S60. Both cars are flawless. The S60 performs just as well as any of those high end luxury cars. I consider this to be a luxury car, from the inside, the the outside, and also the performance. Everything is perfect in this car. The acceleration is phenomenal. I get looks and stares every time I drive this car. It performs extremely well in the winter months, as it made it up steep hills covered in ice without a problem. I would highly recommend this car to anyone who wants to own a Volvo."

Almost 5 star comfort

By on Saturday, September 06, 2008

"I love this car and am happy every time I slide into the drivers seat. The leather is top quality and all the buttons intuitive. You can't get that kind of true luxury for cheaper. Feel the leather Honda or Toyota puts in- you can easily tell the difference. I've had my S60 2.5T over a year, no mechanical problems at all. I ran out of gas once, but that was my own fault, since a display actually shows how many miles there are left in the tank. I get an average of 25 mpg, with 2/3 street and 1/3 highway usual driving mix. (It's 2 miles on the freeway each way to my office) But I also am not an aggressive stop-start driver. Any large adult behind me is not so comfortable, the back seat just doesn't have enough leg room for any one 5'10'' feet and over, which is why only 4/5 stars for comfort. Overall, great deal for someone who isn't showy, but wants luxury."

2007 S60

By on Sunday, August 03, 2008

"Overall it is a sound car. Engine is adeuqate and it runs quiet. I have had this car for seven months now. There are some little quirks with the interior that should have been worked out. Spare fuses are attached to a panel in the dash and in the first week of having the car some came loose and were causing a rattle. The leather is average, at best. The on/off button for the cruise control is on the steering wheel and can to easily be touched. The sunroof control is not the best design. Volvo could learn from Infiniti or VW on a better control. The lumbar knob is also in a bad location that makes it hard to use. A wind deflector for the sunroof is also highly recommended. Handling and response of the car is good. The engine performs well and has enough power for the average driver."

Solid as a rock!

By on Wednesday, June 04, 2008

"27 months into a 36 month lease and it has been flawless. Very sad to hear that Volvo (Ford) is going to replace the S-60 in the near future. If it's not broke, don't fix it!"