2009 Volvo S60

Based on 115 Ratings for the 2006 - 2008 models.

Good, dependable vehicle!

By on Monday, February 24, 2014

Pros: "Nice quiet ride"

Cons: "Cup holders in front not great"

"Great handling, quiet ride. Has all the safety protection that you'd expect from a Volvo. Handles really well and has comfortable driving area though it sits a little low in passenger seat (limited visibility for short people). Cup holders not great, but great vehicle for work commute or longer driving. I'd buy another!"

Makes me feel like a kid again...

By on Friday, February 14, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, speed, decent gas mileage, speed..."

Cons: "Back seat leg room, but I never ride there..."

"Does anyone else like to see how fast their car can go? Did anyone else get scared with how fast the S60 can go? I drive down to Phoenix from Colorado Springs each year for baseball spring training, and each year my red rocket gets me there in good shape. I love this car. I've had a lot of cars in my life, but this may be the first one that I actually love. I bought it new in the fall of 2008 and it was the greatest investment of my life. I cannot imagine driving anything else."

Best value for safe, attractive luxury vehicle

By on Monday, January 20, 2014

Pros: "very nice leather, safe, great value,"

Cons: "engine is more noisy than I would prefer"

"You can't get a better car for less money. This car is for a sensible, discerning buyer looking for luxury and safety without having a car payment the size of a mortgage."

Excellent!!!

By on Friday, October 18, 2013

Pros: "power, ride comfort, preformance, realibility."

Cons: "NONE"

"In my 46 years of driving, and 17 cars (7 brand new), I have never experianced the comfort, realibility, preformance, and value of a car like this. In the five years I have owned this car, I have experianced not a major issue and only one factory covered problem which was minor. Granted, I have taken very good car of this car ie: maintenace and constant (3000 mile) oil changes and check ups.. The car contiues to ride brand new. Gas milage has increased with age. I would recommend this car to anyone."

I may never get rid of this car!

By on Sunday, June 30, 2013

Pros: "Drive experience, simplistic design and features"

Cons: "Turning radius"

"I have owned my 2007 S60R for 18 months and I look forward to every time I get into it. This car can be a comfortable family cruiser for long hauls or a fun sporty beast on back country roads. The AWD provides great grip and the 4C suspension allows me to customize the ride. When I was shopping for this car I also test drove a 535xi and this car won hands down. The Bimmer was just over complicated and felt heavy despite its engine. I love the clean Scandinavian design and simplistic layout. My only complaint is that the turning radius is terrible. I have spoken to other R owners and the feelings are similar across the board. This is a great car for the guy (or gal) that has a family but still has a bit of thrill seeker left in them."

Love this vehicle. Comfort and power all in one

By on Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, looks and handle great !!"

Cons: "Center console is a bit too tight"

"This is a terrific road car. Travels and handles like a dream. Very comfortable and reasonably spacious. Have had SUVs in the past but love the fold down seats and leather in my S60. Mechanically good, only minor issues with power windows. Traction is terrific and is great on the freeway. This car is a wonderful blend of power, luxury and safety !!!!"

Volvo S-60R, 2005 and 2006 models

By on Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Pros: "Great Car, Fun to Drive, It'll last a long time"

Cons: "Limited back seat space"

S60-R

"I have a 2005 Volvo S-60R, the basic difference between the 2006 model is the 6-speed transmission vs the 2005 5-speed transmission and the so-called iPod connection (that never worked properly). My S-60R has always worked in a suberb manner, it's fast (300 HP), it' stopped faster then any other vehicle I've had (thank you Brembo brakes). My Volvo is fast, and stops on a dime (my Volvo has 92,000 miles). The quality of vehicle goes beyond almost all other vehicles. Granted there are preventive maintive issues you'll have to deal with, like the Timing belt, and the water pump (over 90,000 miles). The radiator should be replaced at 90,000 to 100,000 miles (not unusal for any car sold in the USA). The thing is, everything else works. And I do mean everything else works, the power seats, the radio, the electronics for the cruise control, DSTC, etc, they all work. It's a great car. My next car? A Volvo"

S60-R

By on Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Pros: "Beautiful, smooth ride-will stick with Volvo"

Cons: "Expensive repair and lack of public knowledge"

"I have had my car for 2 years now. I love it! It has comfort, handling, and of course, a little power to it. The only thing is that NO matter what you are replacing/or getting fixed, it WILL be expensive. As a college student, I would be in the pits if something significant happened. So far, so good however! Let's hope Volvo stands true to it's name of reliability."

The Volvo S60 is reliable and comfortable.

By on Monday, September 10, 2012

Pros: "Luxury at an affordable price."

Cons: "Turning radius. Legroom in backseat."

"I've owned my S60 for 4 years. I bought it off a two year lease and felt confident of the value with the 100k mile extended warranty. I had it in for a few minor issues and regular maintenance. It drives beautifully. Only complaint is the turning radius. Can be challenging when parking in tight spots. I'm looking at buying a new Volvo next year. Disappointed that the V50 was discontinued. I'll look at the S60 for a replacement."

OK

By on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Expensive to Maintain"

"Great new car... but small items tend to drive you nuts! Air conditioning has been an issue... Fun to drive, great on ice/snow but overall hasn't aged as well as Toyota's or Honda's i've driven in the past. Oil changes are more expensive unless you are a DIY'er."