2009 Volvo S60

Based on 118 Ratings for the 2006 - 2008 models.

great car, well built and a ton of fun

By on Wednesday, March 19, 2014

"This car is excellent. 300hp engine with four wheel drive. To truly experience how awesome the S60R is you have to drive it in the winter with a set of Bridgestone Blizzaks. You will be yelling at the slow moving cautious drivers to get out of the way so you can fly by. Excellent acceleration and comfortable at 40 or 125mph."

Very fun to drive

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Pros: "Great Power"

Cons: "Turning Radious terrible"

"I bought my 2007 S60R about a year ago and its still invigorating to drive. With 300hp and 300ft/lbs whats not to love about this ride. Plus as long as i use cruise control on long trips I get almost 500 miles on one tank. Much less if I'm stomping on it."

Best car I have ever had!

By on Friday, March 14, 2014

Pros: "ride, comfort, reliability, low maintenance costs"

Cons: "requires high octane gas"

"I have put approximately 200,000 miles on this car with only one real repair. Reliability has been fantastic and the ride smooth and completely comfortable. I would and probably will own another Volvo when I finally decide to trade this one in. It is still driving and working fantastically so it looks like it may be awhile yet."

Good, dependable vehicle!

By on Monday, February 24, 2014

Pros: "Nice quiet ride"

Cons: "Cup holders in front not great"

"Great handling, quiet ride. Has all the safety protection that you'd expect from a Volvo. Handles really well and has comfortable driving area though it sits a little low in passenger seat (limited visibility for short people). Cup holders not great, but great vehicle for work commute or longer driving. I'd buy another!"

Makes me feel like a kid again...

By on Friday, February 14, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, speed, decent gas mileage, speed..."

Cons: "Back seat leg room, but I never ride there..."

"Does anyone else like to see how fast their car can go? Did anyone else get scared with how fast the S60 can go? I drive down to Phoenix from Colorado Springs each year for baseball spring training, and each year my red rocket gets me there in good shape. I love this car. I've had a lot of cars in my life, but this may be the first one that I actually love. I bought it new in the fall of 2008 and it was the greatest investment of my life. I cannot imagine driving anything else."

Best value for safe, attractive luxury vehicle

By on Monday, January 20, 2014

Pros: "very nice leather, safe, great value,"

Cons: "engine is more noisy than I would prefer"

"You can't get a better car for less money. This car is for a sensible, discerning buyer looking for luxury and safety without having a car payment the size of a mortgage."

Excellent!!!

By on Friday, October 18, 2013

Pros: "power, ride comfort, preformance, realibility."

Cons: "NONE"

"In my 46 years of driving, and 17 cars (7 brand new), I have never experianced the comfort, realibility, preformance, and value of a car like this. In the five years I have owned this car, I have experianced not a major issue and only one factory covered problem which was minor. Granted, I have taken very good car of this car ie: maintenace and constant (3000 mile) oil changes and check ups.. The car contiues to ride brand new. Gas milage has increased with age. I would recommend this car to anyone."

I may never get rid of this car!

By on Sunday, June 30, 2013

Pros: "Drive experience, simplistic design and features"

Cons: "Turning radius"

"I have owned my 2007 S60R for 18 months and I look forward to every time I get into it. This car can be a comfortable family cruiser for long hauls or a fun sporty beast on back country roads. The AWD provides great grip and the 4C suspension allows me to customize the ride. When I was shopping for this car I also test drove a 535xi and this car won hands down. The Bimmer was just over complicated and felt heavy despite its engine. I love the clean Scandinavian design and simplistic layout. My only complaint is that the turning radius is terrible. I have spoken to other R owners and the feelings are similar across the board. This is a great car for the guy (or gal) that has a family but still has a bit of thrill seeker left in them."

Love this vehicle. Comfort and power all in one

By on Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, looks and handle great !!"

Cons: "Center console is a bit too tight"

"This is a terrific road car. Travels and handles like a dream. Very comfortable and reasonably spacious. Have had SUVs in the past but love the fold down seats and leather in my S60. Mechanically good, only minor issues with power windows. Traction is terrific and is great on the freeway. This car is a wonderful blend of power, luxury and safety !!!!"

Volvo S-60R, 2005 and 2006 models

By on Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Pros: "Great Car, Fun to Drive, It'll last a long time"

Cons: "Limited back seat space"

S60-R

"I have a 2005 Volvo S-60R, the basic difference between the 2006 model is the 6-speed transmission vs the 2005 5-speed transmission and the so-called iPod connection (that never worked properly). My S-60R has always worked in a suberb manner, it's fast (300 HP), it' stopped faster then any other vehicle I've had (thank you Brembo brakes). My Volvo is fast, and stops on a dime (my Volvo has 92,000 miles). The quality of vehicle goes beyond almost all other vehicles. Granted there are preventive maintive issues you'll have to deal with, like the Timing belt, and the water pump (over 90,000 miles). The radiator should be replaced at 90,000 to 100,000 miles (not unusal for any car sold in the USA). The thing is, everything else works. And I do mean everything else works, the power seats, the radio, the electronics for the cruise control, DSTC, etc, they all work. It's a great car. My next car? A Volvo"

S60-R