2009 Volvo S60

Based on 115 Ratings for the 2006 - 2008 models.

I LOVE it, but you should consider that....

By on Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Pros: "Stupendous value for the money"

Cons: "Turning radius sucks and not good in deeper snow"

"What a sleeper and great value. I searched and searched to find a low mileage and right color model. This vehicle at 300 hp, sport setting, and 3 suspension options is so much for the money. It's been totally reliable and I like everything about it, but here are the 2 items that made me give it 7 out of 10 on Driving Dynamics. The turning radius is ridiculous, about the same as my 1970 Ford F250! And there's even an audible sound if you turn way too sharp. I don't have a problem with that but if a tight turning radius is very important to you, move on. Also, it is VERY low. I couldn't even get into my normal car wash. I don't have a problem with that because you get so much more for the money and I've had a lot of low Porsches and BMW's. Lastly, the AWD is great and I live in a very icy and snowy environment. But I only take it out if it is ice or packed snow. Otherwise, it doesn't plow well through 4 or more inches and the snow gets caked in the wheel wells and wheels. Not a snow car, but I don't have a problem with that either. My old Ford handles that pretty well. So, with those caveats, what a great buy!!!!"

Very reliable, great highway, doesn't hold value

By on Monday, November 03, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, good mpg"

Cons: "Not great resale value"

"I've owned this car for 8 years, did all the recommended service, and it's been very reliable -- never had anything go wrong with it. First set of tires and brakes and shocks lasted 90,000 miles. Original everything else after 8 years, including battery! It is a very comfortable ride, and gets over 30 mpg on the highway. Nice peppy acceleration. My only word of warning is to check the resale value for Volvos if you don't intend to own it for very long -- the resale value went down very quickly compared with other cars I've owned. If you plan to own it and hold it, as i did, the S60 is a good car to own, highly recommended."

This is a great car.Dependable and coumfortable !

By on Monday, September 15, 2014

"A fun car to drive that doesn't break the budget. Easy to work on and don't rust out like some cars in the rust belt!"

Worst Volvo I ever owned

By on Friday, July 25, 2014

Pros: "Nice to drive."

Cons: "When it's running."

"I've owned half a dozen or more Volvos and was a fan until I hooked up with this disaster."

S60 is quick and comfortable. Class and comfort

By on Friday, May 23, 2014

"S60 is quick and comfortable. Classic lines, simple yet high quality interior seats and controls. Bought it used and its in great shape at 100k, far better than previous autos I've have had at 100k. Expecting to reach 200 easy."