2008 Volvo S60

Based on 123 Ratings for the 2006 - 2009 models.

Excellent in many ways

By on Thursday, August 13, 2009

"2007 S60 is excellent! I bought it used in 2008 and it was a steal. Great ride. By far the most comfortable vehicle I've ever driven. Front seats are the best on the market. Quick, stylish, fun to drive and gets 23 MPG -- even up to 30 on long highway drives."

Volvo S60

By on Thursday, December 4, 2008

"Nice car. Very reliable and the styling is great. Buy it if you want the sporty and stylish look in a good cruiser. Good pick up off the mark and very good passing power. Handling around corners is just so-so. That is, this car holds the road very well but the steering responsiveness is mediocre. If you like a sporty driving style, this car is not for you. If you want a reliable comfortable and stylish car that has a decent amount of power, you will probably like this vehicle."

Wouldn't do it again

By on Tuesday, December 18, 2007

"Comfortable car with several large flaws. Turning radius is embarrassing. I have 4 wheel drive trucks that turn and park better. The biggest bummer about this model is the engine vibration that develops at around 18k miles. The service deptarment at my dealership says it's normal and the number one complaint on these cars second to the turning radius. I bought this car for the wonderfully smooth ride but am now trading it out due to the vibration. Too bad Volvo, I used to really love you!"

Best Car I've ever owned

By on Friday, November 25, 2011

Pros: "definitely fun to drive"

Cons: "poor placement of MP3 plug in; no leg room in back"

"Hands down this is the best car I've ever owned. I typically get bored with vehicles and replace them every 3 years. Still driving the S60 and love it! The performance and handling are superb. A few things I don't like. There is NO leg room in the back seat. I don't recommend this for people with teenagers or kids about to have a growth spurt like mine did AFTER we bought the car. It no longer fits the family. I also do NOT like the placement of the plug in for the MP3 player. It's inside the center console with no room for the wire to come out. So I've chewed through 2 cords for my iphone due to having the console lid closed on it and the constant rubbing. Much as I love my heated seats, they don't get as hot as I would like either. My husband has a Durango and his seats are much more toasty on the cold days. Overall minor complaints. The car drives like a dream, is amazing on gas (I've actually done a trip where I averaged almost 34 miles/gallon) and with all the paint Volvo puts on their cars you can't see a single parking lot ding, although I guarantee its been whacked by a door or two in the last 3 years."

By on Tuesday, December 8, 2009

"Just replaced a 2003 S60 with a 2008 S60 5T, loved the old one and hope the new one holds up as well as the 2003. 100,000 miles on the 2003. Our only complaint is the, you guessed it, turning radius. But with all the other good stuff you can overlook one little problem. I would recommend the Volvo S60 to anyone."