2008 Volvo S60

Based on 119 Ratings for the 2006 - 2008 models.

Volvo S-60R, 2005 and 2006 models

By on Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Pros: "Great Car, Fun to Drive, It'll last a long time"

Cons: "Limited back seat space"

S60-R

"I have a 2005 Volvo S-60R, the basic difference between the 2006 model is the 6-speed transmission vs the 2005 5-speed transmission and the so-called iPod connection (that never worked properly). My S-60R has always worked in a suberb manner, it's fast (300 HP), it' stopped faster then any other vehicle I've had (thank you Brembo brakes). My Volvo is fast, and stops on a dime (my Volvo has 92,000 miles). The quality of vehicle goes beyond almost all other vehicles. Granted there are preventive maintive issues you'll have to deal with, like the Timing belt, and the water pump (over 90,000 miles). The radiator should be replaced at 90,000 to 100,000 miles (not unusal for any car sold in the USA). The thing is, everything else works. And I do mean everything else works, the power seats, the radio, the electronics for the cruise control, DSTC, etc, they all work. It's a great car. My next car? A Volvo"

S60-R

Fast, Agile and Pretty to boot!

By on Thursday, December 02, 2010

"I bought my 2006 S-60 2.5 turbo All Wheel Drive in May, 2009 as a Certified Pro Owned from a great Volvo dealer in Ft Collins CO. It had 32K miles and was a lease return from Ohio, so the documentation from Volvo stated. I have also (like another review said) gotten better mileage than the EPA estimates states. With cruise control I have gotten as high as 36.5mpg, that almost sounds impossible but the mileage computer jives with the incredible range this thing has on a roadtrip, over 500 miles. I did a lot of touring in very hot weather that summer in Utah, Arizona, New Mexico and S Colorado with temps over 100F, the car performed great, always kept cool and drove like a dream. I drove my S-60 to Alaska, where I live in the fall of 2010, it was a pleasure and even fully loaded with my stuff, I still averaged 32mpg, awesome! I have now had my S-60 through 1 1/2 winters and it is a fantastic car for snow, ice and generally crummy road conditions. The ABS, and Dynamic Stability and Traction Control combine to make it extremely stable and safe, I love it. As for problems...I had the HVAC blower motor replaced under the CPO warranty, it worked fine but whined, they determined that it was failing. I have had both tie rod ends replaced also under the CPO warranty, thats a wear item so it wasnt a failure of any kind. I have been impressed with the quality of this car, its a pleasure to drive and it looks great. Mine is Magic Blue which was only available just in 2006 so even when I see another S-60, they arent ever Magic Blue! I also have the climate package with heated seats, dual power seats, leather and the sliding moonroof. I would definitly recommend this car to anyone, I love it and a car that preforms well in the Arctic is one you can count on anywhere."

By on Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Pros: "Beautiful, smooth ride-will stick with Volvo"

Cons: "Expensive repair and lack of public knowledge"

"I have had my car for 2 years now. I love it! It has comfort, handling, and of course, a little power to it. The only thing is that NO matter what you are replacing/or getting fixed, it WILL be expensive. As a college student, I would be in the pits if something significant happened. So far, so good however! Let's hope Volvo stands true to it's name of reliability."

Great car

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, Quiet, Great Stereo, Smooth gearbox"

Cons: "Rear leg room, The dealer's outrageous prices"

"You get everything that is expected from Volvo; Safety, Reliability, Comfort, And Sportiness. If you want a luxury car that isn't German or Japanese Volvo is in a class of their own.."

Excellent!!!

By on Friday, October 18, 2013

Pros: "power, ride comfort, preformance, realibility."

Cons: "NONE"

"In my 46 years of driving, and 17 cars (7 brand new), I have never experianced the comfort, realibility, preformance, and value of a car like this. In the five years I have owned this car, I have experianced not a major issue and only one factory covered problem which was minor. Granted, I have taken very good car of this car ie: maintenace and constant (3000 mile) oil changes and check ups.. The car contiues to ride brand new. Gas milage has increased with age. I would recommend this car to anyone."