2007 Volvo S60

Based on 120 Ratings for the 2006 - 2009 models.

Unbelievable

By on Thursday, April 02, 2009

"The S60R is the best car I have ever owned. Comfort, performance, style. I especially like the subtle nature of this little hot rod."

soo much fun!

By on Saturday, March 14, 2009

"Totally fun car for those who like to drive. Extreme comfort and stability. Drives awesome in the snow!! You definately get what you pay for when you buy the S60 R: Luxury and speed."

By on Thursday, February 12, 2009

Sleeper on the road

By on Monday, January 12, 2009

"I ve owned the S60R for about 1 1/2 yrs and it s a great vehicle. 300hp, 6spd manual cruises the freeway with ease. For those complaining about the turn radius, IT S AN ALL WHEEL DRIVE vehicle, they are all like that. Dont get an AWD if you like to make U-turns. The Pirelli P-Zero's can be replace with better tires. I had the dealer install the i-pod cable and I control it from the radio. Everyone ask me what model Volvo it is because of the sporty look on front. I will definetly buy another if they bring back the S60 R."

Beat my Accord deal

By on Tuesday, October 21, 2008

"Bought an 07 S-60 demo w/6k mi for less $ than an Accord EX-L. After 15k mi, never regretted it! Fantastic seats, great fit and finish, superb highway driving, interstate 33mpg at 70+ with AC, in-town everyday 24.5mpg. Yep, turning radius is wider than I like and the back seat doesn't comfortably seat six footers."

2006 AWD Turbo -Great Car

By on Wednesday, July 30, 2008

"I have had my S60 AWD Turbo for three years now, and never had any trouble, whatsoever! I too, had a rattle in the dash. Turns out to be a plastic clip for holding parking tickets on the windshield. Easily solved. My only complaint is there is no option to make the horn sound when locking with key fob. I have to go back to the car sometimes to make sure I have locked it! I get 30+ mpg on the highway, mid to high 20's in town. Turbo is great in city traffic, the car will really perform when you have to move fast."

VERY GOOD but has issues

By on Tuesday, May 20, 2008

"The car is very comfortable with nice leather seats and superb fit and finish. It also runs well and has more than adequate acceleration. The commom complaint of a wide turning radius is true and as well as the low front end. You must always keep that in mind while parking. Another negative is fuel economy. It is tolerable on the highway but downright bad in town."

By on Sunday, April 06, 2008

"They say once you go Volvo, you never go back. The Lord has blessed us with this wonderful car. It is a great machine. We did a lot of research, and found this was the best car for us. We didn't realize it would be the best vehicle we've ever owned."

Swear by Volvo

By on Friday, January 25, 2008

"This is the 2nd S60 I've owned in the last 6 years, and I swear by the car. The value for the sticker price is exceptional. It's a comfortable ride, adequate performance and the safety goes without saying."

Fun and practical

By on Monday, November 19, 2007

"I've owned this car for just over one year and I enjoy it more every day. It's actually fun to drive. The turbo affords great performance along with good fuel economy. I'm averaging 22 mpg in town. By far the most comfortable seats in any car I've owned, great for long trips. My only complaint is the turning radius with the sport package. Makes parking tricky sometimes. I would definitely recommend this car."

Animal Reincarnation

By on Thursday, November 15, 2007

"I owned a previous R version and was very sorry to trade it off. I had the opportunity to get the newer model R with more horsepower and all wheel drive and out of the "boxy" image. This is undoubtedly the best sport/sedan car I've ever had. The only drawback is the long turning circle and a rattling sound in the dash. The air conditioning is much improved from previous models and the sound system is amazing being only factory stock equipped. Thanks Volvo for bringing back the Animal."

It's a good vehicle

By on Tuesday, September 11, 2007

"I've had my car less than six months. Love the leather interior. The car lacks an automatic locking system which most cars in america have. Volvo is misleading when it talks about the feature Sirius satellite radio pre-wired. Most cars these days come with either Sirius or XM, with Volvo you get the "pre-wiring" and then once you get the car you have to take it back to Volvo to actually have Sirius installed. I'm still not used to the front end. I'm constantly having to make sure I don't pull up to a curb too closely. If I do it scraps underside. I've even ripped the front end off. I wouldn't buy this car again but I might buy one of Volvo's other models."

Volvo S-60R, 2005 and 2006 models

By on Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Pros: "Great Car, Fun to Drive, It'll last a long time"

Cons: "Limited back seat space"

S60-R

"I have a 2005 Volvo S-60R, the basic difference between the 2006 model is the 6-speed transmission vs the 2005 5-speed transmission and the so-called iPod connection (that never worked properly). My S-60R has always worked in a suberb manner, it's fast (300 HP), it' stopped faster then any other vehicle I've had (thank you Brembo brakes). My Volvo is fast, and stops on a dime (my Volvo has 92,000 miles). The quality of vehicle goes beyond almost all other vehicles. Granted there are preventive maintive issues you'll have to deal with, like the Timing belt, and the water pump (over 90,000 miles). The radiator should be replaced at 90,000 to 100,000 miles (not unusal for any car sold in the USA). The thing is, everything else works. And I do mean everything else works, the power seats, the radio, the electronics for the cruise control, DSTC, etc, they all work. It's a great car. My next car? A Volvo"

S60-R

Love This Car

By on Sunday, April 26, 2009

"I love this car and am happy every time I slide into the drivers seat. . You can't get that kind of true luxury for less. I love my Surround sound system. This really makes driving this car truly enjoyable.. I am a big lover of music. And this sound system just wraps you in the most incrediable sound I have ever heard from a factory audio system.. The TL Surround sound audio system is equally awsome..I've had my S60 2.5T '08' about a month, Great end of year closeout price. No mechanical problems at all. I managed, on my 1st tank of gas, to get an average of 23 mpg, with 3/4 street and 1/4 highway usual driving mix. (It's 2 miles on the freeway each way to my office) But I am somewhat an aggressive stop-start driver. Any large adult 5'10'' feet and over, sitting in the back seat may find lack of leg room But! shoulder, hip, head and thigh(support) excellent, which is why only 4/5 stars for comfort. Overall, I love the exterior styling. Not flashy, but sporty enough and truly beautiful to look at.. I get very pleasing looks from other motorist. /passer by's...Esp from those C Class owners, As I leave them in the dust. This car handles well, more luxurious smooth ride than sporty.. But! its sporty side rears its head into turns , like a true sports sedan. The 2.5T is a jaguar in sheeps clothing. The power is there when called upon. So! the 208 hp 5 cyl Light turbo is full of peep and quick, the front wheels smoked, (layed rubber) in heavy exceleration.The light boost turbo does its job and does it WELL! and before I knew it I was at 85 mph, with minor torc steer.. But! quiet. no road noise at highway speeds, and city driving.. The engine is a bit noisey during acceleration , city traffic, But quickly smooths and quiets down as you level out. The interior fit and finish is top notch and the instrument cluster is driver friendly / intuitive, Seats are very comfortable.. The major complaint I have is like most everyone else who wrote a review is that DARN WIDE turning radius!!!!!!! 38.7 feet!!!!!! ( same issue with the new Acura TL) The S80 IS LESS THAN 30 FEET. Come on VOLVO engineers . Lets work on that.. When trying to park this car is can be a bit annoying. I actually srcaped my front corn bumper on the dually tires next to me as I was parking the car at a restuarant.. Not only is the turning radius POOR, but not being able to see the hood or end of the hood of the car,, doesn't help, ,, Suggestion front parking sensors!!!!! Again all other VOLVO models have this option.. And secondly,, Htere is o TRUNK RELEASE BUTTON inthe CABIN... Again,, annoying!!! You have to push the auto door lock button Unlock all doors to unlock the trunk, (not a very good safety feature,, Volvo! )and or take out the key from the ignition and then walk behind the car and use the trunk button on the key pod!!!,,which is the reason for the 4/5 performance rating But! my main deciding factor in choosing the S60 is Volvo's legendary safety features, crash test, crumple zones that protect the occupants in a crash.."

Fast, Agile and Pretty to boot!

By on Thursday, December 02, 2010

"I bought my 2006 S-60 2.5 turbo All Wheel Drive in May, 2009 as a Certified Pro Owned from a great Volvo dealer in Ft Collins CO. It had 32K miles and was a lease return from Ohio, so the documentation from Volvo stated. I have also (like another review said) gotten better mileage than the EPA estimates states. With cruise control I have gotten as high as 36.5mpg, that almost sounds impossible but the mileage computer jives with the incredible range this thing has on a roadtrip, over 500 miles. I did a lot of touring in very hot weather that summer in Utah, Arizona, New Mexico and S Colorado with temps over 100F, the car performed great, always kept cool and drove like a dream. I drove my S-60 to Alaska, where I live in the fall of 2010, it was a pleasure and even fully loaded with my stuff, I still averaged 32mpg, awesome! I have now had my S-60 through 1 1/2 winters and it is a fantastic car for snow, ice and generally crummy road conditions. The ABS, and Dynamic Stability and Traction Control combine to make it extremely stable and safe, I love it. As for problems...I had the HVAC blower motor replaced under the CPO warranty, it worked fine but whined, they determined that it was failing. I have had both tie rod ends replaced also under the CPO warranty, thats a wear item so it wasnt a failure of any kind. I have been impressed with the quality of this car, its a pleasure to drive and it looks great. Mine is Magic Blue which was only available just in 2006 so even when I see another S-60, they arent ever Magic Blue! I also have the climate package with heated seats, dual power seats, leather and the sliding moonroof. I would definitly recommend this car to anyone, I love it and a car that preforms well in the Arctic is one you can count on anywhere."

Great car

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, Quiet, Great Stereo, Smooth gearbox"

Cons: "Rear leg room, The dealer's outrageous prices"

"You get everything that is expected from Volvo; Safety, Reliability, Comfort, And Sportiness. If you want a luxury car that isn't German or Japanese Volvo is in a class of their own.."

Under Appreciated

By on Saturday, June 18, 2011

Pros: "Performance (hp:weight"

Cons: "Turning radius with 18" wheels, rear leg room for adults"

"Wonderful car. Sublime daily handling with excellent winter competency (with snow tires), extremely high quality and comfortable interior. Driven prudently on the highway, millage is also very good for a 300hp sedan, owing to its relatively low weight (but it still crashes better than all others). Breaking is unsurpassed by anything short of an a Prosche with carbon-ceramic breaks. Variation in adjustable suspension is quite dramatic, unlike some other systems where changes are barely observable. 6 speed automatic is pleasantly aggressive, but not overdone, and reasonably responsive (better than comparable model year Tiptronic) in manu-matic mode. It is true that the turning radius is not as good as comparable cars, but this is clearly the result of big wheels in small wheel wells, and the big wheels help with grip in the wet and snow - so it is a trade-off. Also, using the standard 17" wheels, and avoiding the optional 18" wheels improves turning radius substantially. Winter traction with snow tires on 17" wheels in long Cleveland winters has been excellent. The ergonomics of interior are excellent, fit and finish of materials, especially the gobi and atacama leather, are impressive - much softer and more comfortable than other automotive leathers that are heavily treated and feel plastic. Interior is low VOC (volatile organic compound). Reliability, despite hard driving in Cleveland, has been excellent. Suspension has been remarkably hearty and pot-hole tolerant, enduring a particularly bad wheel-bending pot-hole incident without problems, even several thousand miles later. Passage between trunk and cabin when rear seats are folded down is unusually large. However, rear seat leg rooms is limited, and unsuitable for large adults on long trips, though it is fine for kids, and easy to use with LATCH system child seats. This car would have sold much better if it had been branded an Audi."

OK

By on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Expensive to Maintain"

"Great new car... but small items tend to drive you nuts! Air conditioning has been an issue... Fun to drive, great on ice/snow but overall hasn't aged as well as Toyota's or Honda's i've driven in the past. Oil changes are more expensive unless you are a DIY'er."

Best car I've ever owned!

By on Friday, March 28, 2014

Pros: "Stylish, responsive, reliable, high quality"

Cons: "Front end very low to ground"

"I've had this car for 8 years and it still drives like a dream. It's peppy and handles the road well in all kinds of weather. The design has also stood up well and it doesn't look as old as it is. The interior and exterior are in great shape too. My only complaint is that the front end is very low to the ground and you have to be careful pulling into parking spaces with cement block stoppers. Other than that, the car is terrific."

Good value

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

"You get what you pay for a nice comfortable car with an affordable price. I have had some minor issues but this is my first car and it was 4 years old when I got it. 2 rear bulbs replaced and a headlight. Also, brand new rear tires went completely bald in 6 months. After replacement and alignment no issues. And the right rear brakes locked up and it had to be towed which was included under the extended warranty"

nicest car i have ever had

By on Tuesday, December 08, 2009

"This car has exceeded expectations for 62000 miles. Fast, economical, reliable and looks good. It is fun to drive and when cruising on the Interstate gets an honest 30mpg."

Safe, reliable and economical

By on Sunday, March 08, 2015

Pros: "Safe, fun, stylish and lasts forever"

"Third Volvo we've owned. Bought it after the last one saved our lives. You cant go wrong. One before this had 236,000 in it when I traded it and it was a daily driver for me. All we do is make sure we keep the oil changed and there's never been an issue with any of them."

Pretty when going straight

By on Sunday, March 28, 2010

"I leased this car new in '07. Love the look, the lines the color and still do. BUT, I will not be buying out of the lease due to the turning radius. It's abyssmal and scary. If I only had to drive on the highway I'd be fine, but for city driving, U-turns, it's a nightmare and so disappointing. I also do not like the way the headrest pushes my head forward. It's supposed to be a safety feature but after 3 years of driving this car I think it has affected my posture. I find it very sad as I really do like the look and the pickup."

I may never get rid of this car!

By on Sunday, June 30, 2013

Pros: "Drive experience, simplistic design and features"

Cons: "Turning radius"

"I have owned my 2007 S60R for 18 months and I look forward to every time I get into it. This car can be a comfortable family cruiser for long hauls or a fun sporty beast on back country roads. The AWD provides great grip and the 4C suspension allows me to customize the ride. When I was shopping for this car I also test drove a 535xi and this car won hands down. The Bimmer was just over complicated and felt heavy despite its engine. I love the clean Scandinavian design and simplistic layout. My only complaint is that the turning radius is terrible. I have spoken to other R owners and the feelings are similar across the board. This is a great car for the guy (or gal) that has a family but still has a bit of thrill seeker left in them."

Stuck in park

By on Monday, February 08, 2010

"2006 37,000 miles won't shift out of park. Told it's not covered under warranty and I must have "wasted something sticky" in the gear shaft. Absolutely ridiculous! The cup holder is next to the shifter, as with many cars, so I guess it wouldn't be wise to drive with an open drink in the cup holder if you want your vehicle to move the next day."