2007 Volvo S60

Based on 118 Ratings for the 2006 - 2008 models.

By on Monday, April 27, 2009

Never would a thought...

By on Wednesday, April 01, 2009

"Never would have thought I'd own a Volvo, but this one would keep up with my twin turbo 300Z. Difference...it's quiet, comfortable, seats 5 and AWD...best car I've owned to date. The styling rating is bogus, style is personal, a matter of individual taste. Why would you buy a car that you rate less than 10 for style?"

Amazed

By on Wednesday, January 21, 2009

"I always thought Volvo's were known for quality and good service. From day 1 when I turn my wheel sharp there was a horrible rubbing noise of the tire against the wheel well...Volvo told me this is a safety feature (it's annoying!). Fog lights in back only 1 works the other does not light (again a safety feature). At 30,000 miles tires had to be replaced and again at 60,000 due to the rubbing safety feature. Door handles on passenger side broke. ( I drive alone 75% of the time). And wind noise when driving fast is an issue....the rubbing noise drives me in sane with every U-Turn and turning into parking spaces on a daily basis...should not happen with a $36,000 car."

Disappointing Buy

By on Saturday, July 19, 2008

"This 2006 Volvo S60 has been giving me trouble after a month. I have had several cars and NEVER had problems with the interior of a car. I was so surprised when the interior door handles broke. Not once, but twice. The engine light would malfunction, this is just the minor problems. I purchased the car new with only 18 miles at the time of purchase. It was towed twice to the dealership for repairs during the first 6 mouths. I began talking to others who had a Volvo and they had problems as well. One of the individuals I spoke to said it best, "If you want to buy a Volvo make sure ask if the car comes with a mechanic!!!!"

Makes me feel like a kid again...

By on Friday, February 14, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, speed, decent gas mileage, speed..."

Cons: "Back seat leg room, but I never ride there..."

"Does anyone else like to see how fast their car can go? Did anyone else get scared with how fast the S60 can go? I drive down to Phoenix from Colorado Springs each year for baseball spring training, and each year my red rocket gets me there in good shape. I love this car. I've had a lot of cars in my life, but this may be the first one that I actually love. I bought it new in the fall of 2008 and it was the greatest investment of my life. I cannot imagine driving anything else."

Good car for the right person.

By on Friday, January 27, 2012

Pros: "Drives great and handles incredibly."

Cons: "Strange issues from possibly being a dealer model."

"I have owned my Volvo for about 5 years now. I purchased the dealer model because it was a great deal on a great car - $30k for a car that normally sells closer to $40k with only 4k miles on it. My main issues with the car are mechanical. I'm not sure if I have these issues because the car was the dealer model or if I just got a lemon, but here are the following problems I've encountered: - Brakes starting clinking after a couple of months. I was told the brakes were new, but who knows. My mechanic told me there was no issue with the brakes and they were fine. - This car eats up Anti-freeze/Coolant! I never remember having to refill the anti-freeze/coolant this much in my 1998 Jeep Wrangler. I'm adding more every 2 months. - This one is weird. I park my car on the street, and some of them are more angled towards the curb than others. If I park on a particular street that angles more towards the curb and the gas tank is at 1/4 full, I have trouble starting the car. I have never had an issue like this with any car that I've owned and this is my 4th car. - My only non-mechanical issue: design. In the winter, the snow builds up on the front of the car where the dash meets the hood, which makes the wipers useless as they turn into icicles. And leaves get caught in the trunk of my car where the trunk lid meets the rear window, which turns into mulch by the time I notice. Irritating design flaws. My only other issue that I have is comfort. The seats are super comfortable, but being 5'11", even the S60 is not spacious enough for the leg room. It was fine at first, but these last couple of years have become increasingly uncomfortable for me. I think this is a great car for the right person but it turns out it's not that great for me. Maybe I just got a lemon in a long line of prize apples."

Great Sleeper

By on Monday, June 29, 2009

"This Volvo is your best bang for your buck performance sedan while it was in production 04-07. Great used deals on these models are a real steal."

Unbelievable

By on Thursday, April 02, 2009

"The S60R is the best car I have ever owned. Comfort, performance, style. I especially like the subtle nature of this little hot rod."

soo much fun!

By on Saturday, March 14, 2009

"Totally fun car for those who like to drive. Extreme comfort and stability. Drives awesome in the snow!! You definately get what you pay for when you buy the S60 R: Luxury and speed."

I love my Volvo S-60 R

By on Monday, March 02, 2009

"I got this car in September of 2007 and have loved it since minute one. It is very comfortable (unless you are 5'11" + and in the back seat). I live in Wyoming and the winters can be tough, but my car doesn't care and I have passed trucks stuck or spun out with my Volvo S60 R flying by with no problems. The only down side is that it is fast, very fast and designed so well half the time I have no idea how fast I am going, so watch out for tickets. I would buy this car again, and again. Plus, with the Volvo amazing customer service, there is virtually no risk or worries for the first 4 years! The customer service alone makes Volvo stand out above the rest!"

By on Thursday, February 12, 2009

Sleeper on the road

By on Monday, January 12, 2009

"I ve owned the S60R for about 1 1/2 yrs and it s a great vehicle. 300hp, 6spd manual cruises the freeway with ease. For those complaining about the turn radius, IT S AN ALL WHEEL DRIVE vehicle, they are all like that. Dont get an AWD if you like to make U-turns. The Pirelli P-Zero's can be replace with better tires. I had the dealer install the i-pod cable and I control it from the radio. Everyone ask me what model Volvo it is because of the sporty look on front. I will definetly buy another if they bring back the S60 R."

Beat my Accord deal

By on Tuesday, October 21, 2008

"Bought an 07 S-60 demo w/6k mi for less $ than an Accord EX-L. After 15k mi, never regretted it! Fantastic seats, great fit and finish, superb highway driving, interstate 33mpg at 70+ with AC, in-town everyday 24.5mpg. Yep, turning radius is wider than I like and the back seat doesn't comfortably seat six footers."

2006 AWD Turbo -Great Car

By on Wednesday, July 30, 2008

"I have had my S60 AWD Turbo for three years now, and never had any trouble, whatsoever! I too, had a rattle in the dash. Turns out to be a plastic clip for holding parking tickets on the windshield. Easily solved. My only complaint is there is no option to make the horn sound when locking with key fob. I have to go back to the car sometimes to make sure I have locked it! I get 30+ mpg on the highway, mid to high 20's in town. Turbo is great in city traffic, the car will really perform when you have to move fast."

VERY GOOD but has issues

By on Tuesday, May 20, 2008

"The car is very comfortable with nice leather seats and superb fit and finish. It also runs well and has more than adequate acceleration. The commom complaint of a wide turning radius is true and as well as the low front end. You must always keep that in mind while parking. Another negative is fuel economy. It is tolerable on the highway but downright bad in town."

By on Sunday, April 06, 2008

"They say once you go Volvo, you never go back. The Lord has blessed us with this wonderful car. It is a great machine. We did a lot of research, and found this was the best car for us. We didn't realize it would be the best vehicle we've ever owned."

Swear by Volvo

By on Friday, January 25, 2008

"This is the 2nd S60 I've owned in the last 6 years, and I swear by the car. The value for the sticker price is exceptional. It's a comfortable ride, adequate performance and the safety goes without saying."

Fun and practical

By on Monday, November 19, 2007

"I've owned this car for just over one year and I enjoy it more every day. It's actually fun to drive. The turbo affords great performance along with good fuel economy. I'm averaging 22 mpg in town. By far the most comfortable seats in any car I've owned, great for long trips. My only complaint is the turning radius with the sport package. Makes parking tricky sometimes. I would definitely recommend this car."

Animal Reincarnation

By on Thursday, November 15, 2007

"I owned a previous R version and was very sorry to trade it off. I had the opportunity to get the newer model R with more horsepower and all wheel drive and out of the "boxy" image. This is undoubtedly the best sport/sedan car I've ever had. The only drawback is the long turning circle and a rattling sound in the dash. The air conditioning is much improved from previous models and the sound system is amazing being only factory stock equipped. Thanks Volvo for bringing back the Animal."

It's a good vehicle

By on Tuesday, September 11, 2007

"I've had my car less than six months. Love the leather interior. The car lacks an automatic locking system which most cars in america have. Volvo is misleading when it talks about the feature Sirius satellite radio pre-wired. Most cars these days come with either Sirius or XM, with Volvo you get the "pre-wiring" and then once you get the car you have to take it back to Volvo to actually have Sirius installed. I'm still not used to the front end. I'm constantly having to make sure I don't pull up to a curb too closely. If I do it scraps underside. I've even ripped the front end off. I wouldn't buy this car again but I might buy one of Volvo's other models."

Love This Car

By on Sunday, April 26, 2009

"I love this car and am happy every time I slide into the drivers seat. . You can't get that kind of true luxury for less. I love my Surround sound system. This really makes driving this car truly enjoyable.. I am a big lover of music. And this sound system just wraps you in the most incrediable sound I have ever heard from a factory audio system.. The TL Surround sound audio system is equally awsome..I've had my S60 2.5T '08' about a month, Great end of year closeout price. No mechanical problems at all. I managed, on my 1st tank of gas, to get an average of 23 mpg, with 3/4 street and 1/4 highway usual driving mix. (It's 2 miles on the freeway each way to my office) But I am somewhat an aggressive stop-start driver. Any large adult 5'10'' feet and over, sitting in the back seat may find lack of leg room But! shoulder, hip, head and thigh(support) excellent, which is why only 4/5 stars for comfort. Overall, I love the exterior styling. Not flashy, but sporty enough and truly beautiful to look at.. I get very pleasing looks from other motorist. /passer by's...Esp from those C Class owners, As I leave them in the dust. This car handles well, more luxurious smooth ride than sporty.. But! its sporty side rears its head into turns , like a true sports sedan. The 2.5T is a jaguar in sheeps clothing. The power is there when called upon. So! the 208 hp 5 cyl Light turbo is full of peep and quick, the front wheels smoked, (layed rubber) in heavy exceleration.The light boost turbo does its job and does it WELL! and before I knew it I was at 85 mph, with minor torc steer.. But! quiet. no road noise at highway speeds, and city driving.. The engine is a bit noisey during acceleration , city traffic, But quickly smooths and quiets down as you level out. The interior fit and finish is top notch and the instrument cluster is driver friendly / intuitive, Seats are very comfortable.. The major complaint I have is like most everyone else who wrote a review is that DARN WIDE turning radius!!!!!!! 38.7 feet!!!!!! ( same issue with the new Acura TL) The S80 IS LESS THAN 30 FEET. Come on VOLVO engineers . Lets work on that.. When trying to park this car is can be a bit annoying. I actually srcaped my front corn bumper on the dually tires next to me as I was parking the car at a restuarant.. Not only is the turning radius POOR, but not being able to see the hood or end of the hood of the car,, doesn't help, ,, Suggestion front parking sensors!!!!! Again all other VOLVO models have this option.. And secondly,, Htere is o TRUNK RELEASE BUTTON inthe CABIN... Again,, annoying!!! You have to push the auto door lock button Unlock all doors to unlock the trunk, (not a very good safety feature,, Volvo! )and or take out the key from the ignition and then walk behind the car and use the trunk button on the key pod!!!,,which is the reason for the 4/5 performance rating But! my main deciding factor in choosing the S60 is Volvo's legendary safety features, crash test, crumple zones that protect the occupants in a crash.."

Under Appreciated

By on Saturday, June 18, 2011

Pros: "Performance (hp:weight"

Cons: "Turning radius with 18" wheels, rear leg room for adults"

"Wonderful car. Sublime daily handling with excellent winter competency (with snow tires), extremely high quality and comfortable interior. Driven prudently on the highway, millage is also very good for a 300hp sedan, owing to its relatively low weight (but it still crashes better than all others). Breaking is unsurpassed by anything short of an a Prosche with carbon-ceramic breaks. Variation in adjustable suspension is quite dramatic, unlike some other systems where changes are barely observable. 6 speed automatic is pleasantly aggressive, but not overdone, and reasonably responsive (better than comparable model year Tiptronic) in manu-matic mode. It is true that the turning radius is not as good as comparable cars, but this is clearly the result of big wheels in small wheel wells, and the big wheels help with grip in the wet and snow - so it is a trade-off. Also, using the standard 17" wheels, and avoiding the optional 18" wheels improves turning radius substantially. Winter traction with snow tires on 17" wheels in long Cleveland winters has been excellent. The ergonomics of interior are excellent, fit and finish of materials, especially the gobi and atacama leather, are impressive - much softer and more comfortable than other automotive leathers that are heavily treated and feel plastic. Interior is low VOC (volatile organic compound). Reliability, despite hard driving in Cleveland, has been excellent. Suspension has been remarkably hearty and pot-hole tolerant, enduring a particularly bad wheel-bending pot-hole incident without problems, even several thousand miles later. Passage between trunk and cabin when rear seats are folded down is unusually large. However, rear seat leg rooms is limited, and unsuitable for large adults on long trips, though it is fine for kids, and easy to use with LATCH system child seats. This car would have sold much better if it had been branded an Audi."

OK

By on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Expensive to Maintain"

"Great new car... but small items tend to drive you nuts! Air conditioning has been an issue... Fun to drive, great on ice/snow but overall hasn't aged as well as Toyota's or Honda's i've driven in the past. Oil changes are more expensive unless you are a DIY'er."

Best car I've ever owned!

By on Friday, March 28, 2014

Pros: "Stylish, responsive, reliable, high quality"

Cons: "Front end very low to ground"

"I've had this car for 8 years and it still drives like a dream. It's peppy and handles the road well in all kinds of weather. The design has also stood up well and it doesn't look as old as it is. The interior and exterior are in great shape too. My only complaint is that the front end is very low to the ground and you have to be careful pulling into parking spaces with cement block stoppers. Other than that, the car is terrific."

Safe, reliable and economical

By on Sunday, March 08, 2015

Pros: "Safe, fun, stylish and lasts forever"

"Third Volvo we've owned. Bought it after the last one saved our lives. You cant go wrong. One before this had 236,000 in it when I traded it and it was a daily driver for me. All we do is make sure we keep the oil changed and there's never been an issue with any of them."