2007 Volvo S60

Based on 118 Ratings for the 2006 - 2008 models.

2007 Volvo s60 2.5T AWD Special Edition

By on Wednesday, February 15, 2012

"Great car, expensive on repair. Worth every penny if you love Volvo's anonymous yet luxury style."

Great car but...

By on Friday, February 10, 2012

"Pros: Looks, style, front seat comfort, trunk space, good speakers and lots of them, fun to drive(I always drove 4 cylinders with no turbo before). Cons: Stereo lacking technology and difficult to replace/upgrade(some places told me they wouldn;t even try), back seat no leg room, MPG says 21/30 I drive mostly highway and get just over 21, poor turning radius."

would not buy again

By on Thursday, February 09, 2012

Pros: "quick car"

Cons: "expensiuve repairs($300 for headlight repair)"

"repairs are expensive"

Good car for the right person.

By on Friday, January 27, 2012

Pros: "Drives great and handles incredibly."

Cons: "Strange issues from possibly being a dealer model."

"I have owned my Volvo for about 5 years now. I purchased the dealer model because it was a great deal on a great car - $30k for a car that normally sells closer to $40k with only 4k miles on it. My main issues with the car are mechanical. I'm not sure if I have these issues because the car was the dealer model or if I just got a lemon, but here are the following problems I've encountered: - Brakes starting clinking after a couple of months. I was told the brakes were new, but who knows. My mechanic told me there was no issue with the brakes and they were fine. - This car eats up Anti-freeze/Coolant! I never remember having to refill the anti-freeze/coolant this much in my 1998 Jeep Wrangler. I'm adding more every 2 months. - This one is weird. I park my car on the street, and some of them are more angled towards the curb than others. If I park on a particular street that angles more towards the curb and the gas tank is at 1/4 full, I have trouble starting the car. I have never had an issue like this with any car that I've owned and this is my 4th car. - My only non-mechanical issue: design. In the winter, the snow builds up on the front of the car where the dash meets the hood, which makes the wipers useless as they turn into icicles. And leaves get caught in the trunk of my car where the trunk lid meets the rear window, which turns into mulch by the time I notice. Irritating design flaws. My only other issue that I have is comfort. The seats are super comfortable, but being 5'11", even the S60 is not spacious enough for the leg room. It was fine at first, but these last couple of years have become increasingly uncomfortable for me. I think this is a great car for the right person but it turns out it's not that great for me. Maybe I just got a lemon in a long line of prize apples."

great car

By on Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Pros: "good value"

Cons: "power passenger seat is an added option"

"very nice car, just wish I had opted for the leather"

Best Car I've ever owned

By on Friday, November 25, 2011

Pros: "definitely fun to drive"

Cons: "poor placement of MP3 plug in; no leg room in back"

"Hands down this is the best car I've ever owned. I typically get bored with vehicles and replace them every 3 years. Still driving the S60 and love it! The performance and handling are superb. A few things I don't like. There is NO leg room in the back seat. I don't recommend this for people with teenagers or kids about to have a growth spurt like mine did AFTER we bought the car. It no longer fits the family. I also do NOT like the placement of the plug in for the MP3 player. It's inside the center console with no room for the wire to come out. So I've chewed through 2 cords for my iphone due to having the console lid closed on it and the constant rubbing. Much as I love my heated seats, they don't get as hot as I would like either. My husband has a Durango and his seats are much more toasty on the cold days. Overall minor complaints. The car drives like a dream, is amazing on gas (I've actually done a trip where I averaged almost 34 miles/gallon) and with all the paint Volvo puts on their cars you can't see a single parking lot ding, although I guarantee its been whacked by a door or two in the last 3 years."

I absolutely LOVE my Volvo S60!

By on Monday, November 21, 2011

"Great Looking Car... Very fun to drive... Safe, Fast and Hot!"

I love my Vovlo

By on Friday, September 30, 2011

Pros: "sharp car, very reliable, safe, fun to drive"

Cons: "not a lot of leg room in the back seat"

"i've had this car for 5yrs and it's been very good to me. I keep up with regular maintenance. Tires get changed when needed. Brakes the same. I've never had any major problems. I just had all spark plugs replaced per Volvo suggestion. It rides like the first day I bought it. I am very fastidious w/cleaning inside and out. I clean the engine every season. I clean under the seats and get in the cracks w/a toothbrush. I've been told my my Volvo mechanic that he's never seen sich a well kept car! I obviously drive a lot and I think I'm just ready for a new set of 4 walls so to speak! I'm vry attached to this car though so I just hope that whoever gets it continues the care I have so carefully kept."

Under Appreciated

By on Saturday, June 18, 2011

Pros: "Performance (hp:weight"

Cons: "Turning radius with 18" wheels, rear leg room for adults"

"Wonderful car. Sublime daily handling with excellent winter competency (with snow tires), extremely high quality and comfortable interior. Driven prudently on the highway, millage is also very good for a 300hp sedan, owing to its relatively low weight (but it still crashes better than all others). Breaking is unsurpassed by anything short of an a Prosche with carbon-ceramic breaks. Variation in adjustable suspension is quite dramatic, unlike some other systems where changes are barely observable. 6 speed automatic is pleasantly aggressive, but not overdone, and reasonably responsive (better than comparable model year Tiptronic) in manu-matic mode. It is true that the turning radius is not as good as comparable cars, but this is clearly the result of big wheels in small wheel wells, and the big wheels help with grip in the wet and snow - so it is a trade-off. Also, using the standard 17" wheels, and avoiding the optional 18" wheels improves turning radius substantially. Winter traction with snow tires on 17" wheels in long Cleveland winters has been excellent. The ergonomics of interior are excellent, fit and finish of materials, especially the gobi and atacama leather, are impressive - much softer and more comfortable than other automotive leathers that are heavily treated and feel plastic. Interior is low VOC (volatile organic compound). Reliability, despite hard driving in Cleveland, has been excellent. Suspension has been remarkably hearty and pot-hole tolerant, enduring a particularly bad wheel-bending pot-hole incident without problems, even several thousand miles later. Passage between trunk and cabin when rear seats are folded down is unusually large. However, rear seat leg rooms is limited, and unsuitable for large adults on long trips, though it is fine for kids, and easy to use with LATCH system child seats. This car would have sold much better if it had been branded an Audi."

By on Friday, March 04, 2011

Most comfortable car ever

By on Saturday, February 19, 2011

"I LOVE

By on Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Dont Waste Your Money

By on Wednesday, February 02, 2011

"The car costs too much to get serviced, the interior is way too small, no one will fit in the backseat, the turn radius is horrible you will be making more 3 pt turns then ever in your life, front seats can even feel cramped on longer rides as interior cabin has a small feel...i also have an old honda accord and would pay more for that then this volvo."

By on Sunday, January 30, 2011

By on Monday, December 06, 2010

Fast, Agile and Pretty to boot!

By on Thursday, December 02, 2010

"I bought my 2006 S-60 2.5 turbo All Wheel Drive in May, 2009 as a Certified Pro Owned from a great Volvo dealer in Ft Collins CO. It had 32K miles and was a lease return from Ohio, so the documentation from Volvo stated. I have also (like another review said) gotten better mileage than the EPA estimates states. With cruise control I have gotten as high as 36.5mpg, that almost sounds impossible but the mileage computer jives with the incredible range this thing has on a roadtrip, over 500 miles. I did a lot of touring in very hot weather that summer in Utah, Arizona, New Mexico and S Colorado with temps over 100F, the car performed great, always kept cool and drove like a dream. I drove my S-60 to Alaska, where I live in the fall of 2010, it was a pleasure and even fully loaded with my stuff, I still averaged 32mpg, awesome! I have now had my S-60 through 1 1/2 winters and it is a fantastic car for snow, ice and generally crummy road conditions. The ABS, and Dynamic Stability and Traction Control combine to make it extremely stable and safe, I love it. As for problems...I had the HVAC blower motor replaced under the CPO warranty, it worked fine but whined, they determined that it was failing. I have had both tie rod ends replaced also under the CPO warranty, thats a wear item so it wasnt a failure of any kind. I have been impressed with the quality of this car, its a pleasure to drive and it looks great. Mine is Magic Blue which was only available just in 2006 so even when I see another S-60, they arent ever Magic Blue! I also have the climate package with heated seats, dual power seats, leather and the sliding moonroof. I would definitly recommend this car to anyone, I love it and a car that preforms well in the Arctic is one you can count on anywhere."

By on Thursday, October 28, 2010

By on Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Great Ride

By on Monday, August 02, 2010

"Bought this car used/CPO at the very end of 2009. Dealer did not know it was CPO, but I managed to find that information with a little research. Bought this car as a replacement for my 1993 Honda Accord EX that I absolutely loved! Even though the Honda was 17 years old with 217K, it was hard to replace. Mileage on my 2006 S60 2.5T is good. Better than expected, I would say. Cruise set at 74 I get 32 mpg, set the cruise at 62 and I've gotten 33+. Not too bad for a 4500 lb car. If needed, the 2.5 turbo gets with the program. FAST! Comfort is great. The leather seats are soft, but thick and high quality leather. Back seat room isn't the best, but I usually have small children riding when there is someone there. Adequate room for them. Styling is fantastic! I wish I had black, but with used you get what you get, and I couldn't pass this car up for the price I paid. Silver, but still very stylish. Volvo safety is second to none. With the Winter traveling we do, I wanted a safer car than a single airbag '93 Honda. The turning radius is wide, but a small sacrifice for the rest of the car. 84,000 miles and no issues. Only thing I won't do is get the Volvo 90,000 mile service. The only difference between the 90K and 82.5K is fuel line inspection and brake line inspection...for an additional $320! I'll just have them do the 82,500 again and a la carte the line inspection. Great car!"

By on Friday, May 21, 2010

By on Friday, May 14, 2010

Pretty when going straight

By on Sunday, March 28, 2010

"I leased this car new in '07. Love the look, the lines the color and still do. BUT, I will not be buying out of the lease due to the turning radius. It's abyssmal and scary. If I only had to drive on the highway I'd be fine, but for city driving, U-turns, it's a nightmare and so disappointing. I also do not like the way the headrest pushes my head forward. It's supposed to be a safety feature but after 3 years of driving this car I think it has affected my posture. I find it very sad as I really do like the look and the pickup."

By on Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Stuck in park

By on Monday, February 08, 2010

"2006 37,000 miles won't shift out of park. Told it's not covered under warranty and I must have "wasted something sticky" in the gear shaft. Absolutely ridiculous! The cup holder is next to the shifter, as with many cars, so I guess it wouldn't be wise to drive with an open drink in the cup holder if you want your vehicle to move the next day."

By on Monday, February 01, 2010