2006 Volvo S60

Based on 111 Ratings for the 2006 - 2008 models.

I love my Vovlo

By on Friday, September 30, 2011

Pros: "sharp car, very reliable, safe, fun to drive"

Cons: "not a lot of leg room in the back seat"

"i've had this car for 5yrs and it's been very good to me. I keep up with regular maintenance. Tires get changed when needed. Brakes the same. I've never had any major problems. I just had all spark plugs replaced per Volvo suggestion. It rides like the first day I bought it. I am very fastidious w/cleaning inside and out. I clean the engine every season. I clean under the seats and get in the cracks w/a toothbrush. I've been told my my Volvo mechanic that he's never seen sich a well kept car! I obviously drive a lot and I think I'm just ready for a new set of 4 walls so to speak! I'm vry attached to this car though so I just hope that whoever gets it continues the care I have so carefully kept."

Under Appreciated

By on Saturday, June 18, 2011

Pros: "Performance (hp:weight"

Cons: "Turning radius with 18" wheels, rear leg room for adults"

"Wonderful car. Sublime daily handling with excellent winter competency (with snow tires), extremely high quality and comfortable interior. Driven prudently on the highway, millage is also very good for a 300hp sedan, owing to its relatively low weight (but it still crashes better than all others). Breaking is unsurpassed by anything short of an a Prosche with carbon-ceramic breaks. Variation in adjustable suspension is quite dramatic, unlike some other systems where changes are barely observable. 6 speed automatic is pleasantly aggressive, but not overdone, and reasonably responsive (better than comparable model year Tiptronic) in manu-matic mode. It is true that the turning radius is not as good as comparable cars, but this is clearly the result of big wheels in small wheel wells, and the big wheels help with grip in the wet and snow - so it is a trade-off. Also, using the standard 17" wheels, and avoiding the optional 18" wheels improves turning radius substantially. Winter traction with snow tires on 17" wheels in long Cleveland winters has been excellent. The ergonomics of interior are excellent, fit and finish of materials, especially the gobi and atacama leather, are impressive - much softer and more comfortable than other automotive leathers that are heavily treated and feel plastic. Interior is low VOC (volatile organic compound). Reliability, despite hard driving in Cleveland, has been excellent. Suspension has been remarkably hearty and pot-hole tolerant, enduring a particularly bad wheel-bending pot-hole incident without problems, even several thousand miles later. Passage between trunk and cabin when rear seats are folded down is unusually large. However, rear seat leg rooms is limited, and unsuitable for large adults on long trips, though it is fine for kids, and easy to use with LATCH system child seats. This car would have sold much better if it had been branded an Audi."

By on Friday, March 04, 2011

Most comfortable car ever

By on Saturday, February 19, 2011

"I LOVE

By on Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Dont Waste Your Money

By on Wednesday, February 02, 2011

"The car costs too much to get serviced, the interior is way too small, no one will fit in the backseat, the turn radius is horrible you will be making more 3 pt turns then ever in your life, front seats can even feel cramped on longer rides as interior cabin has a small feel...i also have an old honda accord and would pay more for that then this volvo."

By on Sunday, January 30, 2011

By on Monday, December 06, 2010

Fast, Agile and Pretty to boot!

By on Thursday, December 02, 2010

"I bought my 2006 S-60 2.5 turbo All Wheel Drive in May, 2009 as a Certified Pro Owned from a great Volvo dealer in Ft Collins CO. It had 32K miles and was a lease return from Ohio, so the documentation from Volvo stated. I have also (like another review said) gotten better mileage than the EPA estimates states. With cruise control I have gotten as high as 36.5mpg, that almost sounds impossible but the mileage computer jives with the incredible range this thing has on a roadtrip, over 500 miles. I did a lot of touring in very hot weather that summer in Utah, Arizona, New Mexico and S Colorado with temps over 100F, the car performed great, always kept cool and drove like a dream. I drove my S-60 to Alaska, where I live in the fall of 2010, it was a pleasure and even fully loaded with my stuff, I still averaged 32mpg, awesome! I have now had my S-60 through 1 1/2 winters and it is a fantastic car for snow, ice and generally crummy road conditions. The ABS, and Dynamic Stability and Traction Control combine to make it extremely stable and safe, I love it. As for problems...I had the HVAC blower motor replaced under the CPO warranty, it worked fine but whined, they determined that it was failing. I have had both tie rod ends replaced also under the CPO warranty, thats a wear item so it wasnt a failure of any kind. I have been impressed with the quality of this car, its a pleasure to drive and it looks great. Mine is Magic Blue which was only available just in 2006 so even when I see another S-60, they arent ever Magic Blue! I also have the climate package with heated seats, dual power seats, leather and the sliding moonroof. I would definitly recommend this car to anyone, I love it and a car that preforms well in the Arctic is one you can count on anywhere."

By on Thursday, October 28, 2010

By on Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Great Ride

By on Monday, August 02, 2010

"Bought this car used/CPO at the very end of 2009. Dealer did not know it was CPO, but I managed to find that information with a little research. Bought this car as a replacement for my 1993 Honda Accord EX that I absolutely loved! Even though the Honda was 17 years old with 217K, it was hard to replace. Mileage on my 2006 S60 2.5T is good. Better than expected, I would say. Cruise set at 74 I get 32 mpg, set the cruise at 62 and I've gotten 33+. Not too bad for a 4500 lb car. If needed, the 2.5 turbo gets with the program. FAST! Comfort is great. The leather seats are soft, but thick and high quality leather. Back seat room isn't the best, but I usually have small children riding when there is someone there. Adequate room for them. Styling is fantastic! I wish I had black, but with used you get what you get, and I couldn't pass this car up for the price I paid. Silver, but still very stylish. Volvo safety is second to none. With the Winter traveling we do, I wanted a safer car than a single airbag '93 Honda. The turning radius is wide, but a small sacrifice for the rest of the car. 84,000 miles and no issues. Only thing I won't do is get the Volvo 90,000 mile service. The only difference between the 90K and 82.5K is fuel line inspection and brake line inspection...for an additional $320! I'll just have them do the 82,500 again and a la carte the line inspection. Great car!"

By on Friday, May 21, 2010

By on Friday, May 14, 2010

Pretty when going straight

By on Sunday, March 28, 2010

"I leased this car new in '07. Love the look, the lines the color and still do. BUT, I will not be buying out of the lease due to the turning radius. It's abyssmal and scary. If I only had to drive on the highway I'd be fine, but for city driving, U-turns, it's a nightmare and so disappointing. I also do not like the way the headrest pushes my head forward. It's supposed to be a safety feature but after 3 years of driving this car I think it has affected my posture. I find it very sad as I really do like the look and the pickup."

By on Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Stuck in park

By on Monday, February 08, 2010

"2006 37,000 miles won't shift out of park. Told it's not covered under warranty and I must have "wasted something sticky" in the gear shaft. Absolutely ridiculous! The cup holder is next to the shifter, as with many cars, so I guess it wouldn't be wise to drive with an open drink in the cup holder if you want your vehicle to move the next day."

By on Monday, February 01, 2010

Well Designed

By on Monday, January 25, 2010

"Very happy with this car, good economy, and the turbocharged 5 cyl engine is very peppy. Average 29mpg on hwy at 72mph. This car has been very reliable, except for oil changes every 4000 mi., and regular service (tire rotations ect...) never had any other mechanical issues with the car. The back seat can be cramped but rarely have anyone back there. The PERFECT executive commuter vehicle."

By on Tuesday, December 08, 2009

"Just replaced a 2003 S60 with a 2008 S60 5T, loved the old one and hope the new one holds up as well as the 2003. 100,000 miles on the 2003. Our only complaint is the, you guessed it, turning radius. But with all the other good stuff you can overlook one little problem. I would recommend the Volvo S60 to anyone."

nicest car i have ever had

By on Tuesday, December 08, 2009

"This car has exceeded expectations for 62000 miles. Fast, economical, reliable and looks good. It is fun to drive and when cruising on the Interstate gets an honest 30mpg."

Excellent Vehicle

By on Monday, November 30, 2009

"I love this car with only two notable exceptions: 1) Turning radius 2) Hitting a pot hole in sport mode can bottom out the shocks My wife's Audi S4 has no such problems but is not nearly as comfortable nor are the ergonomics even in the same league."

Company Car

By on Friday, October 02, 2009

"Styling is boring and the interior makes no sense at all. The AM side of the radio has gone out at about 45,000 miles and has been on back order for two months and no firm date for arrival. I have no complaints about how the car rides - my teenagers complain about leg room in the back seats."

Excellent in many ways

By on Thursday, August 13, 2009

"2007 S60 is excellent! I bought it used in 2008 and it was a steal. Great ride. By far the most comfortable vehicle I've ever driven. Front seats are the best on the market. Quick, stylish, fun to drive and gets 23 MPG -- even up to 30 on long highway drives."

By on Saturday, July 11, 2009