2006 Volvo S60

Based on 111 Ratings for the 2006 - 2008 models.

S60 is quick and comfortable. Class and comfort

By on Friday, May 23, 2014

"S60 is quick and comfortable. Classic lines, simple yet high quality interior seats and controls. Bought it used and its in great shape at 100k, far better than previous autos I've have had at 100k. Expecting to reach 200 easy."

This is my 4th Volvo, its been a great car.

By on Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, repairs are not bad, gas is good"

Cons: "steering range is not the best."

"I bought my car in 2006 at Ontario Volvo, I take my car there for all repairs. I get compliments on the car all the time. Its metallic sapphire black with tinted windows and american racing rims. I take excellent car of this vehicle, who ever gets this car will love it."

Best car I've ever owned!

By on Friday, March 28, 2014

Pros: "Stylish, responsive, reliable, high quality"

Cons: "Front end very low to ground"

"I've had this car for 8 years and it still drives like a dream. It's peppy and handles the road well in all kinds of weather. The design has also stood up well and it doesn't look as old as it is. The interior and exterior are in great shape too. My only complaint is that the front end is very low to the ground and you have to be careful pulling into parking spaces with cement block stoppers. Other than that, the car is terrific."

great car, well built and a ton of fun

By on Wednesday, March 19, 2014

"This car is excellent. 300hp engine with four wheel drive. To truly experience how awesome the S60R is you have to drive it in the winter with a set of Bridgestone Blizzaks. You will be yelling at the slow moving cautious drivers to get out of the way so you can fly by. Excellent acceleration and comfortable at 40 or 125mph."

Very fun to drive

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Pros: "Great Power"

Cons: "Turning Radious terrible"

"I bought my 2007 S60R about a year ago and its still invigorating to drive. With 300hp and 300ft/lbs whats not to love about this ride. Plus as long as i use cruise control on long trips I get almost 500 miles on one tank. Much less if I'm stomping on it."

Best car I have ever had!

By on Friday, March 14, 2014

Pros: "ride, comfort, reliability, low maintenance costs"

Cons: "requires high octane gas"

"I have put approximately 200,000 miles on this car with only one real repair. Reliability has been fantastic and the ride smooth and completely comfortable. I would and probably will own another Volvo when I finally decide to trade this one in. It is still driving and working fantastically so it looks like it may be awhile yet."

Good, dependable vehicle!

By on Monday, February 24, 2014

Pros: "Nice quiet ride"

Cons: "Cup holders in front not great"

"Great handling, quiet ride. Has all the safety protection that you'd expect from a Volvo. Handles really well and has comfortable driving area though it sits a little low in passenger seat (limited visibility for short people). Cup holders not great, but great vehicle for work commute or longer driving. I'd buy another!"

Makes me feel like a kid again...

By on Friday, February 14, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, speed, decent gas mileage, speed..."

Cons: "Back seat leg room, but I never ride there..."

"Does anyone else like to see how fast their car can go? Did anyone else get scared with how fast the S60 can go? I drive down to Phoenix from Colorado Springs each year for baseball spring training, and each year my red rocket gets me there in good shape. I love this car. I've had a lot of cars in my life, but this may be the first one that I actually love. I bought it new in the fall of 2008 and it was the greatest investment of my life. I cannot imagine driving anything else."

Best value for safe, attractive luxury vehicle

By on Monday, January 20, 2014

Pros: "very nice leather, safe, great value,"

Cons: "engine is more noisy than I would prefer"

"You can't get a better car for less money. This car is for a sensible, discerning buyer looking for luxury and safety without having a car payment the size of a mortgage."

Excellent!!!

By on Friday, October 18, 2013

Pros: "power, ride comfort, preformance, realibility."

Cons: "NONE"

"In my 46 years of driving, and 17 cars (7 brand new), I have never experianced the comfort, realibility, preformance, and value of a car like this. In the five years I have owned this car, I have experianced not a major issue and only one factory covered problem which was minor. Granted, I have taken very good car of this car ie: maintenace and constant (3000 mile) oil changes and check ups.. The car contiues to ride brand new. Gas milage has increased with age. I would recommend this car to anyone."

I may never get rid of this car!

By on Sunday, June 30, 2013

Pros: "Drive experience, simplistic design and features"

Cons: "Turning radius"

"I have owned my 2007 S60R for 18 months and I look forward to every time I get into it. This car can be a comfortable family cruiser for long hauls or a fun sporty beast on back country roads. The AWD provides great grip and the 4C suspension allows me to customize the ride. When I was shopping for this car I also test drove a 535xi and this car won hands down. The Bimmer was just over complicated and felt heavy despite its engine. I love the clean Scandinavian design and simplistic layout. My only complaint is that the turning radius is terrible. I have spoken to other R owners and the feelings are similar across the board. This is a great car for the guy (or gal) that has a family but still has a bit of thrill seeker left in them."

Love this vehicle. Comfort and power all in one

By on Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, looks and handle great !!"

Cons: "Center console is a bit too tight"

"This is a terrific road car. Travels and handles like a dream. Very comfortable and reasonably spacious. Have had SUVs in the past but love the fold down seats and leather in my S60. Mechanically good, only minor issues with power windows. Traction is terrific and is great on the freeway. This car is a wonderful blend of power, luxury and safety !!!!"

Volvo S-60R, 2005 and 2006 models

By on Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Pros: "Great Car, Fun to Drive, It'll last a long time"

Cons: "Limited back seat space"

S60-R

"I have a 2005 Volvo S-60R, the basic difference between the 2006 model is the 6-speed transmission vs the 2005 5-speed transmission and the so-called iPod connection (that never worked properly). My S-60R has always worked in a suberb manner, it's fast (300 HP), it' stopped faster then any other vehicle I've had (thank you Brembo brakes). My Volvo is fast, and stops on a dime (my Volvo has 92,000 miles). The quality of vehicle goes beyond almost all other vehicles. Granted there are preventive maintive issues you'll have to deal with, like the Timing belt, and the water pump (over 90,000 miles). The radiator should be replaced at 90,000 to 100,000 miles (not unusal for any car sold in the USA). The thing is, everything else works. And I do mean everything else works, the power seats, the radio, the electronics for the cruise control, DSTC, etc, they all work. It's a great car. My next car? A Volvo"

S60-R

By on Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Pros: "Beautiful, smooth ride-will stick with Volvo"

Cons: "Expensive repair and lack of public knowledge"

"I have had my car for 2 years now. I love it! It has comfort, handling, and of course, a little power to it. The only thing is that NO matter what you are replacing/or getting fixed, it WILL be expensive. As a college student, I would be in the pits if something significant happened. So far, so good however! Let's hope Volvo stands true to it's name of reliability."

The Volvo S60 is reliable and comfortable.

By on Monday, September 10, 2012

Pros: "Luxury at an affordable price."

Cons: "Turning radius. Legroom in backseat."

"I've owned my S60 for 4 years. I bought it off a two year lease and felt confident of the value with the 100k mile extended warranty. I had it in for a few minor issues and regular maintenance. It drives beautifully. Only complaint is the turning radius. Can be challenging when parking in tight spots. I'm looking at buying a new Volvo next year. Disappointed that the V50 was discontinued. I'll look at the S60 for a replacement."

OK

By on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Expensive to Maintain"

"Great new car... but small items tend to drive you nuts! Air conditioning has been an issue... Fun to drive, great on ice/snow but overall hasn't aged as well as Toyota's or Honda's i've driven in the past. Oil changes are more expensive unless you are a DIY'er."

Great car

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, Quiet, Great Stereo, Smooth gearbox"

Cons: "Rear leg room, The dealer's outrageous prices"

"You get everything that is expected from Volvo; Safety, Reliability, Comfort, And Sportiness. If you want a luxury car that isn't German or Japanese Volvo is in a class of their own.."

Good value

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

"You get what you pay for a nice comfortable car with an affordable price. I have had some minor issues but this is my first car and it was 4 years old when I got it. 2 rear bulbs replaced and a headlight. Also, brand new rear tires went completely bald in 6 months. After replacement and alignment no issues. And the right rear brakes locked up and it had to be towed which was included under the extended warranty"

2007 Volvo s60 2.5T AWD Special Edition

By on Wednesday, February 15, 2012

"Great car, expensive on repair. Worth every penny if you love Volvo's anonymous yet luxury style."

Great car but...

By on Friday, February 10, 2012

"Pros: Looks, style, front seat comfort, trunk space, good speakers and lots of them, fun to drive(I always drove 4 cylinders with no turbo before). Cons: Stereo lacking technology and difficult to replace/upgrade(some places told me they wouldn;t even try), back seat no leg room, MPG says 21/30 I drive mostly highway and get just over 21, poor turning radius."

would not buy again

By on Thursday, February 09, 2012

Pros: "quick car"

Cons: "expensiuve repairs($300 for headlight repair)"

"repairs are expensive"

Good car for the right person.

By on Friday, January 27, 2012

Pros: "Drives great and handles incredibly."

Cons: "Strange issues from possibly being a dealer model."

"I have owned my Volvo for about 5 years now. I purchased the dealer model because it was a great deal on a great car - $30k for a car that normally sells closer to $40k with only 4k miles on it. My main issues with the car are mechanical. I'm not sure if I have these issues because the car was the dealer model or if I just got a lemon, but here are the following problems I've encountered: - Brakes starting clinking after a couple of months. I was told the brakes were new, but who knows. My mechanic told me there was no issue with the brakes and they were fine. - This car eats up Anti-freeze/Coolant! I never remember having to refill the anti-freeze/coolant this much in my 1998 Jeep Wrangler. I'm adding more every 2 months. - This one is weird. I park my car on the street, and some of them are more angled towards the curb than others. If I park on a particular street that angles more towards the curb and the gas tank is at 1/4 full, I have trouble starting the car. I have never had an issue like this with any car that I've owned and this is my 4th car. - My only non-mechanical issue: design. In the winter, the snow builds up on the front of the car where the dash meets the hood, which makes the wipers useless as they turn into icicles. And leaves get caught in the trunk of my car where the trunk lid meets the rear window, which turns into mulch by the time I notice. Irritating design flaws. My only other issue that I have is comfort. The seats are super comfortable, but being 5'11", even the S60 is not spacious enough for the leg room. It was fine at first, but these last couple of years have become increasingly uncomfortable for me. I think this is a great car for the right person but it turns out it's not that great for me. Maybe I just got a lemon in a long line of prize apples."

great car

By on Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Pros: "good value"

Cons: "power passenger seat is an added option"

"very nice car, just wish I had opted for the leather"

Best Car I've ever owned

By on Friday, November 25, 2011

Pros: "definitely fun to drive"

Cons: "poor placement of MP3 plug in; no leg room in back"

"Hands down this is the best car I've ever owned. I typically get bored with vehicles and replace them every 3 years. Still driving the S60 and love it! The performance and handling are superb. A few things I don't like. There is NO leg room in the back seat. I don't recommend this for people with teenagers or kids about to have a growth spurt like mine did AFTER we bought the car. It no longer fits the family. I also do NOT like the placement of the plug in for the MP3 player. It's inside the center console with no room for the wire to come out. So I've chewed through 2 cords for my iphone due to having the console lid closed on it and the constant rubbing. Much as I love my heated seats, they don't get as hot as I would like either. My husband has a Durango and his seats are much more toasty on the cold days. Overall minor complaints. The car drives like a dream, is amazing on gas (I've actually done a trip where I averaged almost 34 miles/gallon) and with all the paint Volvo puts on their cars you can't see a single parking lot ding, although I guarantee its been whacked by a door or two in the last 3 years."

I absolutely LOVE my Volvo S60!

By on Monday, November 21, 2011

"Great Looking Car... Very fun to drive... Safe, Fast and Hot!"