2006 Volvo S60

Based on 118 Ratings for the 2006 - 2008 models.

Excellent car. Volvo does it again

By on Monday, April 20, 2015

"Comfortable, affordable, luxury, safety, power, this thing is nice. Bought it for my wife and I am jealous. It is extremely fun to drive and a solid car. the ONE complaint we both have is with a defect in the R design which makes the turn radius horrible. But if you can get over that, this car is an amazing drive."

3rd Volvo and hooked FOREVER!

By on Saturday, April 04, 2015

Pros: "Body style is my favorite, gas mileage, reliable"

Cons: "Steering radius"

"My first Volvo was the S 60 it was a 2004 and I loved it but had some issues with the car that were a bit costly to repair. My second Volvo was the XC 90 it was a 2005 and it was awesome but I do a lot of driving in the city and the mpg in town was a bit low and it was at a time when gas prices were crazy high. My third Volvo was once again the S 60 it is a 2008. I bought the car when it was two years old and it has been the most reliable car and the gas mileage is better than listed. In town I average about 22 mpg and the highway about 30 mpg. I have noticed the mileage is higher when I maintain 80 mph or higher. I have had the car up to 145 mph and I was literally gliding on air. My next one will be a C 70 however I will keep my S 60 for the reliability and safety features which Volvo surpasses compared to other vehicles especially in the luxury class."

2nd Volvo -330,000 on last one

By on Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Pros: "Style, Safety, Performance, Beautifu Interior"

Cons: "It's a Volvo-Mechanic/Vacuum, Longevity"

"We bought this S60 used with 56K on it (1 wk ago), and the previous owners kept the car up nicely. WE LOVE THIS CAR! We just retired (bought new) a 1995 940 with 330,000 miles (20 freak'n yrs). The turning radius was AMAZING! So far, the S60 is being true to form, not the 940's turning radius, but oh man, this car floats down the street, It is a pleasure to drive, and talk about quality. We're thrilled. VOLVO makes an impressive vehicle. We are brand loyal because of our history with their product. I was offered a Bimmer from my husband once, and I turned him down. He now thanks me for using good decision metrics. He's buying a S60, and ditching his Vette."

Safe, reliable and economical

By on Sunday, March 08, 2015

Pros: "Safe, fun, stylish and lasts forever"

"Third Volvo we've owned. Bought it after the last one saved our lives. You cant go wrong. One before this had 236,000 in it when I traded it and it was a daily driver for me. All we do is make sure we keep the oil changed and there's never been an issue with any of them."

Very reliable, great highway, doesn't hold value

By on Monday, November 03, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, good mpg"

Cons: "Not great resale value"

"I've owned this car for 8 years, did all the recommended service, and it's been very reliable -- never had anything go wrong with it. First set of tires and brakes and shocks lasted 90,000 miles. Original everything else after 8 years, including battery! It is a very comfortable ride, and gets over 30 mpg on the highway. Nice peppy acceleration. My only word of warning is to check the resale value for Volvos if you don't intend to own it for very long -- the resale value went down very quickly compared with other cars I've owned. If you plan to own it and hold it, as i did, the S60 is a good car to own, highly recommended."