2005 Volvo S60

8.3

Based on 351 Ratings for the 2001 - 2005 models.

Very reliable, safe, and comfortable car.

By on Saturday, February 4, 2012

Pros: "reliability, comfort, driving stability, safe"

Cons: "limited legroom in back seat"

"This is one of the best cars I have owned, and is my second S60. My first went 269,000 miles with just routine maintenance and was running beautifully until my son totaled it. The S60 is very well designed and drives and handles very well, especially in snowy or wet conditions. It is very stable on the road and extremely comfortable, making it an ideal everyday driver and great for long trips. I average 26 - 27 mpg overall and get as much as 30 mpg on long trips. The only negative thing I can say about this car is that the legroom in the back seat is limited."

Great Used car for teenagers.

By on Saturday, January 21, 2012

Pros: "Safety, good in snow, and fun to drive."

Cons: "Not much legroom in the back seats for tall people"

"My family has owned Volvos since the early 70's. A 240 wagon my brother rolled and survived, to a'96 850 wagon that just won't quit, to the most recent purchase '02 s60 turbo for teenager. We have had great luck with both the safety and mechanical of Volvos. The s60 is no exception."

The most underrated Luxury/Performance car ever!

By on Friday, November 4, 2011

Pros: "See my complete review"

Cons: "See my complete review"

"Pro's: 300 HP, Brembo Brakes, AWD (upgraded for 2005), Volvo safety systems, Premium sound (none better), Volvo orthopedic seating, Tilt steering wheel that is telescopic too!, 0-60 in 5.7 Seconds (you can spend a whole lot more and go just a little bit faster), HID headlamps. Though there are a lot more pro's, I'd say finally "Volvo reliability" Con's: The premium sound system has no way of playing mp3's (you have to convert your mp3's to audio files and burn them on a CD-R disk), pay attention to having your brakes looked at every 3 months or so (you don't want to wear out the pads, cause fixing Brembo brakes is pricy), if you need to buy tires and you rarely go above 90mph go with the less expensive tires instead of tires rated for 150mph. All in all, one of the most underrated luxury/performance cars of all time. This light weight midsized sedan, with 300hp will blow the doors off of Mustang GT's, BMW's and mostly any car out there. Yeah some will beat you by a second or so. But they spent all their money on their car. The Volvo S60R is a sleeper, no one knows what you have. P.S. If you're going to open this baby up on the freeway, buy a radar/laser detector."

One the best cars I have had! I was blessed!!!

By on Monday, March 10, 2014

"God blessed me with such a great car am I am greatful!"

Easy to maintain, trouble free, comfortable

By on Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Pros: "Smooth quiet ride, great mileage, very reliable"

Cons: "Minor paint issues with age, expensive when new"

"This car has the most comfortable seats I've ever had in a car. The gas milage is great! Often close to 30MPG that's fantastic for a 3500 lb car. Interior still looks new. uses no oil, no transmission issues. Everything still works after almost 8 years! Very minor issues with HVAC $800.00 repair and the main computer failed once for $800.00 repair. All else maintenance that I could perform myself. Parts are plentiful and redily availabel. New aftermarket brake pads and rotors delivered to your door for $80.00 can't be beat. Have only replace brakes once in 158K mi. Tires wear evenly. It's a very well made car."