2005 Volvo S60 Consumer Reviews

The perfect Colorado car

By on Monday, October 08, 2012

Pros: "styling, fun, great for bad weather"

Cons: "small back seat, back window"

"I have owned this car for 8 years... buying it in 2005 with only 9000 miles on it. I have abused this car more than any car deserves... my parents live out on a farm in Northeastern Colorado and I hunt the plains for deer, pheasants, etc... I drive this car anywhere - rutted dirt roads, icy roads, slush, snow, etc... In the winter I'm driving it up to the mountains to go skiiing. I pass everybody going up the mountain with the turbo power and all wheel drive handling... I have had friends drive it and were blown away. I've replaced the tires and windshield wipers - that's it! I continue to get 30 mpg on the highway and around 24 in town... solid. It hugs the road in all conditions better than any car on the road. The only negative is the rear window...which is a little small but you get used to it and of course it creates the aggressive stance that makes the car so attractive. They haven't changed the style much since 2003 and so my "old" car looks very similar to the new ones hitting the road.... just a great car."

excellent car, can't go wrong

By on Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, best value"

Cons: "not the best mpg,"

"This is only my second car I've owned in my lifetime and I don't think I could be more pleased. I was going to the garage with my other car about every other month and it was starting to be a bit expensive, so I went ahead and decided to take the risk on getting another used car that's had a few years on it. I have owned this car for about a year and half now and I just enjoy it more and more everyday it seems. This car rides like it's brand new, even for being over ten years old. I never though of Volvo being the right car brand for me but the perfection and craftsmanship of this car is almost unbelievable. I have had absolutely no problems with this car. I keep it very clean which is a lot easier when you love the car. The way it handles is amazing for how old it is. I've driven both older BMW's and Audi's and to be honest the way this handles definitely beats them. And the style of this car doesn't go away, so many people ask me what year the car is and when I say it's an '03 they kind of are shocked. I can honestly recommend this car to anyone that is looking for an older BMW or Audi, this car is so much more reliable and it's a smarter move. Drive one to see for yourself."

By on Sunday, December 02, 2007

"This car may be the most comfortable I have ever driven. The front seats are second to none. The cabin space, especially in the rear is limited. If you need to travel with 4 adults, you really lose some of the amenities that I would expect from a luxury car. Like many of the other reviewers, I have issues with the turning radius, but initially thought it was due to the upgraded 17" wheels. I rated the quality quite low due to the number of issues I have experienced with my vehicle. Some were extremely minor and were fixed under warranty, but after a point and time, you really get tired of dropping the car off for repairs. Within the first 3 months of owning the car (purchased new), it would struggle to start if it sat more than 8 hours. Had it in to the dealer 3 times for this issue and apparently a number of other users had the same problem (2002 model). Eventually, they told me to switch to regular gasoline and the problem vanished . . . go figure. Other issues i experienced: the gas door fell off the vehicle, my rear seats were never installed properly (and had to fight with the dealer to have corrected), my driver's side seat belt broke and the mother of all issues, I had to replace the rear differential and the OCR (AWD attachment that feeds into the rear differential). That last repair happened prior to the car reaching 50,000 miles but was out of warranty due to timing. Volvo and the dealer worked with me and they covered half the costs to repair, but it was still $3,200 out of pocket. I really never expected to put $6,500 into a repair for a luxury car that was less than 5 years old and under 50,000 miles. That last issue was tipping point. I am going to hold onto this one, but will probably not purchase another. I understand people love their Volvo's as I did initially, but for me, I thought I would get another 50,000 miles out of the car prior to having to dump that kind of money into it. Maybe I was sold a lemon . . ."

1. My Information

* indicates required field.

Do not use your full name or email address; your privacy is important to us.

Location

2. My Rating

Use sliders to change values.

3. My Review

(e.g., best vehicle ever!) *

(Please no personal or dealership information or offensive language.) *

Not LikelyVery Likely

click & drag!
(e.g., great price, fun to drive)
(e.g., no cup holders)
Tips for Writing Reviews
Avoid:
  • Offensive or suggestive comments
  • Telling customers to shop elsewhere

Focus on:
  • The vehicle and your experience with it
  • Specific features of the vehicle
  • What's great about it? What's not so great?

4. My Uploads

Add photo (up to 5MB)

Uploading Photo....

upload successful! Remove
(e.g., Driving with the top down!)

Guidelines for Uploading Photos
  • Only one photo, up to 5MB
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • All photos must be your own
  • No nudity or obscene content
  • Inappropriate photos will cause your entire review to be rejected
Add video (only one allowed)
(paste the URL from your video on YouTube.)
(e.g., See it in action!)
Guidelines for Uploading Video
  • Maximum length: 5 minutes
  • No nudity or obscene content
  Important:
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • Write a caption
  • Upload your video to YouTube
  • Stick to the rules - so your review & video get published.

5. Notify Me

Please send me an email when my review is posted