2004 Volvo S60

8.3

Based on 348 Ratings for the 2001 - 2005 models.

Long Lasting

By on Tuesday, April 07, 2009

"Bought my s60 2.4i with 112,000 miles, im at 160,000 now after 3 years it still runs like a champ. The only problem it ever had was a faulty fuel pump which we ended up getting a check from volvo because it was defective. So besides fuel and oil, thats all ive ever done to this car."

The best for your money.

By on Friday, September 07, 2007

"I have been driving my volvo for the last 6 years,Í sell cars and none of them drives like it.The last time i had an inspection done in my car everything looked like new,brakes still have 45% of life,transmission feels great and it keeps performing like when it was new.everything in this car is first quality,you can buy this car today and still loving it six years after.Affordable luxury,performance,styling,utylity great looking car."

Excellent Vehicle

By on Friday, July 06, 2007

"I am not normally a car guy, however I test drove multiple vehicles before settling for the S60 Volvo. Well not settling, purchased. This vehicle has been reliable, quick and MPG has been fantastic up near 35mpg freeway. No complaints what so ever!"

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

By on Thursday, January 12, 2012

Pros: "great on gas"

Cons: "upgrade the entertainment unit"

"I have owned a few cars in my time and byfar this one is the best. Its comfortable,fast great on gas and did i mention fast? Its quiet yet you can still hear the engine growl when you step on the gas. if you want to get one i say you should! i have a BMW XDRIVE and to be honest i hardly drive it. this Volvo Rocks! don't believe me go drive one and see for yourself."

Great Reliable Car

By on Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Pros: "Great long lasting car"

"Love this car, Ive owned many cars (Toyota, Dodge, Ford, Mazda) and this is by far the best one. You get more for your money and they last forever with proper maintenance. Plus i get great gas mileage(32 ) Very Comfortable and smooth ride."

best car i have ever owned

By on Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Pros: "comfortable, safe, fast"

Cons: "brake/daytime/signal lights burn out frequently"

"My 2002 Volvo S60 T5 is the most dependable car I have ever owned. It just keeps going with only regular maintenance. There is nothing more comfortable than a Volvo front seat. It just ergonomically fits my body perfectly. The turbo acceleration is excellent. It has every option one could want: Heated seats, cruise and radio controls in the steering wheel, rear headrests that flip down at the touch of a button to enable you to see the road better. I could go on and on, but I highly recommend this great vehicle"

Loved this car - sorry to give it up

By on Wednesday, November 02, 2011

"But it's now 10 years old and I'm ready for new wheels. My sister works for a car magazine and recommended this car to me 10 years ago and she was right all around. The driver's seat is extremely comfortable and supportive; car has plenty of power and is fun to drive; it's had relatively few maintenance issues over the years; and it's pleasing to look at. My biggest beefs about it are (1) turning radius is excessive - my boyfriend's Yukon turns in a tighter circle than the S-60; and (2) the map pockets are a joke - I've had several maps just fall out over the years and become lost. All that said, now that I'm in a market for a new vehicle, I'm looking at buying me a new S-60, along with a few others."

too many repairs

By on Saturday, October 29, 2011

"This car has a great ride and is good in the snow. However, when under warranty several items needed to be replaced such as module for engine and alarm module. I would not have expected these repairs with less than 50K in mileage. This year alone I have spent 4K in repairs. Seems the previous cars I had, a Toyota and Honda, were more reliable."

Better off keeping it

By on Saturday, October 15, 2011

Pros: "reliability, safety"

Cons: "repairs can be expensive"

"The trade-in value for my car is about $4,000. That's a joke, as I've seen Honda Civics go for more because kids like them. I am better off keeping it as a second car. It should last another 60k with moderate use. And my survival rate in a crash is best-in-industry."

Sweet

By on Friday, March 26, 2010

"I am in love with my S60 2.5 T! While it is almost too much car for me (woman,) I have grown comfortale with its power and acceleration. My interior is exceptional, with wood grain console and steering wheel, which I recognized to be custom features. The stabalization and wet weather control, make me feel that my children are safe in all road conditions. Volvo does think of everything, my car is roomy, comfortable, and elegant. My only complaints are with the turning ratio, and a serious blind spot on the driver's side. I would definately purchase another Volvo. My 2005 with 32,000 miles, is well maintained, and looks like new."

Expensive repairs! Get an Acura!

By on Tuesday, December 16, 2008

"I bought mine very used, had over 60,000 miles on it but was only 2 years old. Two years later there are several "issues" that each require $300-400 to fix. Kind of surprising given that it only has 69,000 over the life of the vehicle. None of these will be covered by the warranty. Given the relatively high purchase price, next time I'm buying an Acura or Lexus. The cost when new was over $30k, now it's worth $7400 as a trade-in."

Buyer Beware!

By on Friday, October 24, 2008

"I bought my new 2001 Volvo S60 2.4T and have been consistently let down. I can't get through one service period without the warning light coming on and and every time I take the car in repairs seem to cost $1000 or more. The quality and reliability just aren't there. I've experienced significant problems with just about everything from electrical, mechanical, loss of power, poor gas mileage, down to a tranmission that failed at 105K. Even all the plastic things inside the car like cup holders haven't held up well and I'm not hard on my car. I'll NEVER buy another Volvo and feel bad this didn't turn out to be the car I had hoped for. If you're looking at Volvo, I suggest looking elsewhere."

Superfast

By on Sunday, October 12, 2008

"I purchased my 2004 S60 R with 28K and have driven it for three years. This car is a rocket! With 300 horsepower, active chasis controls and fantastic comfort, this is my dream car. The best is when I am on the freeway and somebody is tailgating me--just a quick punch of the gas and they shrink out of site in my rear view mirror. The only match for the R sedan was the R station wagon. I met one late at night with no cars and as he tried to pass I pegged the peddal to the floor - we were locked at the same acelleration to 130mph -- wow that was a rush. With a nod - I think we both enjoyed being Volvo owners that night."

Be prepared for Repairs

By on Thursday, May 22, 2008

"The comfort and ride of this car are exceptional. Mechanically very sound as long as your talking about engine ect.. The electrical system in this car is a whole different subject. If you get this car, have a good repair budget. Negatives- Road Noise Loud Blinker No room for passengers in the back seat over 4' tall Terrible Radio Repair Bills are high, often dealer repair is only option due to software Positive- Seats are comfortable and very protective Heated seats are to die for Smooth ride Car never left me stranded Leather is beautiful and easy to clean cockpit space for driver is plentiful Lots of trunk space If I had a bigger repair budget, I would never get rid of my car. I have loved it, but simply cannot afford the repairs."

2002 S60 T5

By on Monday, May 05, 2008

"When the car runs, it really runs. When it doesn't run, sit down when the dealer gives you the repair bill... My 2002 S60 T5 is a remarkable car when it is running with no issues. It has lots of power, handles great, and is very comfortable on long trips. I have 60k miles on it and I am overall pleased with the car. I bought the car new in July 2002 and I think that Volvo was still working out some bugs on it. When I first brought the car home I noticed power stearing fluid on the garage floor. I brought it back to the dealer and after 3 tries they replaced the whole power stearing assy. including the rack and pinion and pump. All was well for about 40k miles with just regularly scheduled maintenance. Then I had a YAW (traction control) sensor go bad. It was covered under warranty ($500.00 part). Then at 52k miles my strut mounts went out ($480.00), gas pedal sensor failed (fly by wire part $550.00), sunroof screws loosened up ($160.00), Head Lamp plastic plugs broke from the heat of being on all of the time ($140.00). Besides the little things going wrong the engine and tranny are bullet proof. I put Syn oil in from the start and it doesn't burn a drop. The car handles like a race car. It still looks and runs great and is paid off so I have no reason to get an other one. However I would if I needed to..."

By on Wednesday, October 24, 2007

"I have 110k miles on my 2001 s60 T5, I must say that I am very impressed with this car. Other than a couple of minor problems in the first year of ownership it has been trouble free. I average around 24 mpg on the highway doing 80 mph. It is comfortabe to drive I love the seats."

Love my Volvo

By on Friday, July 20, 2007

"Everyone who has read any review knows that the turning radius is terrible, and it is. I believe its due to the width of the body and the way that the front is built (for safety), who knows. You learn to live with it. Aside from that, the interior is very luxurious. Leather and finishing is comparable to Mercedes. Seats are far more comfortable than any competitor and the safety features blow everyone else out of the water. You can tell that this car is very heavy when driving, but it moves surprisingly fast. I have to non-turbo and it is faster than my Jaguar X-Type with a bigger engine. You get much more for your money with this care than the other Euro sedans. Styling is classic and ride is quiet. Little rougher than I would expect, but you can't have everything. Gas mileage is not as good as claimed in city, but highway is far above. Plan to buy another Volvo when its time."

Family sedan with the heart of a performance GT

By on Friday, March 16, 2012

Pros: "fast, luxurious, confidence inspiring, handsome"

Cons: "European reliability and maintenance costs"

"I've owned this car for eight years. It's fast, smooth, and confidence inspiring in both dry and wet (has AWD). Pushes at the limit, but the limits are very high and not something you will encounter on the street. The adjustable suspension works and has very distinct character between the settings. Downside: replacing the front shocks will run you $1k installed. Engine torque from 1,500 to 5,000 rpm rivals a small V8 and is especially deep at freeway speeds. Just press and pull away from most anything. Brembo brakes at all four corners are incredible. Solid, short stops, pads wear forever because they are, literally, the pads used on the 1st gen Dodge Viper. Can get squeal sometimes, though, because they are high-performance pads. Reliability of the car is just okay. Some expensive and/or unexpected parts have been replaced under warranty, such as the sunroof and sunroof motor, failed headlight (would have cost $1,100), radiator, power steering reservoir. And several of the rubber suspension bushings and engine mounts have been replaced, sometimes more than once. Those are obviously under-engineered, since all I do is drive this normally on the street, and have put just 54,000 miles on it in 8 years. Yet I've replaced the front control arm bushings twice. As a friend said, it's European and has higher maintenance. That has been my only disappointment."

no complaints about this vehicle.

By on Thursday, March 15, 2012

"If you don't have kids this is the best vehicle in its class comfort, power, reliablity excellent."

Great in Winter, fun to drive, peppy, Safe

By on Saturday, February 11, 2012

Pros: "Great for winter, great 'get-up-and-go!'"

Cons: "Cost of repairs"

"My wife loves this car, everyone who drives it can't believe the power it has. Great for passing. Unbeatable in the snow, better than my 4x4 truck! We get 29-30 mpg on the highway at 72 mph."

Luxurious safety and sports car feel

By on Thursday, January 12, 2012

Pros: "Safety and comfort"

Cons: "Costly maintenance and service"

"Sounds silly but, this car became part of our family. As a protective father and husband this vehicle fit the safety standards that made me feel at ease. It drives like a sports car but also handles well in the worst weather conditions. It is just as luxurious from home to the grocery store as it is to a trip from the city to the country. Back seat gets kind of small with two infant car seats. Service and maintenance are a bit spendy, but are worth the investment. Volvo standards for safety and comfort exceed that of most luxury family sedans. You can't go wrong with this vehicle."

Love the mountains !

By on Friday, November 11, 2011

Pros: "Hugs the road,very responsive"

Cons: "Blind spots have given several 'close calls'."

"I bought this car new and lived in a beach town, very classy looking car. Moved to the mountains over two years ago and this car was 'made' for these roads. It is stable in the curves and just fun to drive. I LOVE this car!"

Batmobile

By on Thursday, May 12, 2011

"I have had this vehicle over 2 years. I love the automatic manual transmission. It comes in really handy in the snowy weather. Fun to drive and handles well in the Boston traffic. I am 6'5" tall and fit very comfortably in the car. Take car of the car and it will take care of you."

safest car every

By on Tuesday, April 26, 2011

"i had this car for a while and it is very comfortable to drive and easy to handle. it has everything. moonroof. memory seats, everything. i don't really understand why this car is fo cheap. really good on gas. heated seats. everything is good about this car. i had a customer who bought it from me who previously had volvo and had accident. she said she wants only volvo but nothing else since she survived from very big accident. our life is more important than anything else! GO VOLVO"

Very solid vehicle. great value.

By on Sunday, March 20, 2011

"this is a very nice vehicle. the only problem is that i have to change the same tail light about once a month. 2.50$ a month not a big deal. it gets very good gas mileage. it is very peppy and is extremely fast from 65- 100 mph. last week i hydroplaned (because of bald tires)at 70mph and hit a curb and went off the road into a ditch. the tow truck could not get to me without getting stuck. but putting the volvo in low gear it pulled itself out and drove home with no problems. now thats a solid built vehicle. do that with a cadillac or lincoln. Overall a very solid built car no shakes or rattles whatsoever. very smooth ride. deffinitly reccomend this vehicle"