2003 Volvo S60

8.3

Based on 341 Ratings for the 2001 - 2005 models.

Worst vehicle ever and I've owned Volvos for 18 yr

By on Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Pros: "Nice quick handling"

Cons: "Parts break and wear out"

"Failed diagnostic test on one visit- listed items i need to fix: control arm bushings, lower ball joint, worn front springs, replace vibration damper, worn upper torque engine mounts, replace DIM, cluster for dash, left tail light out, power steering leak, left fog light broke, differential leak, control arm bushings worn, power steering leak, control arm bushings, exhaust hanger broke, pro shaft flange pins, parking brake shoes dragging, front brake hoses, list of failed test items. And angle gear and fluid replacement. Car has 42,000 miles only. I find it amazing that all these things are worn or broke on a $40,000 car. I drive good, just hadn't taken it in for two years. I used to love Volvos.... Not any more. Beware, as my estimate to repair all is over $12,000. (so now I have no dash lights, turn directionals,, gauges in dash-- a safety hazard as all do not work.)"

Great vehicle - even 10 years later

By on Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Pros: "Styling, Great Highway car, Affordable, SAFE"

Cons: "Turn radius, Dealership Maintenance costs"

"Volvo has a great style, inside and out. Even 10 years later, people comment on style, condition, and how well it is aging. My only complaint with this car is that it has a horrible turn radius. It's like Volvo paid close attention to all details, delivered an excellent car, but forgot that turn-radius is important. Looking for a new car, but cannot find a car with the styling, capability, or price that comes close to my 2003 Volvo. With only 76,000 miles after 10-years, I anticipate many more years before I buy something new."

The perfect Colorado car

By on Monday, October 08, 2012

Pros: "styling, fun, great for bad weather"

Cons: "small back seat, back window"

"I have owned this car for 8 years... buying it in 2005 with only 9000 miles on it. I have abused this car more than any car deserves... my parents live out on a farm in Northeastern Colorado and I hunt the plains for deer, pheasants, etc... I drive this car anywhere - rutted dirt roads, icy roads, slush, snow, etc... In the winter I'm driving it up to the mountains to go skiiing. I pass everybody going up the mountain with the turbo power and all wheel drive handling... I have had friends drive it and were blown away. I've replaced the tires and windshield wipers - that's it! I continue to get 30 mpg on the highway and around 24 in town... solid. It hugs the road in all conditions better than any car on the road. The only negative is the rear window...which is a little small but you get used to it and of course it creates the aggressive stance that makes the car so attractive. They haven't changed the style much since 2003 and so my "old" car looks very similar to the new ones hitting the road.... just a great car."

My fave car I've ever owned

By on Sunday, August 05, 2012

"After having 2 Jeeps stolen in NOLA (1 of which was brand new off the lot and only owned it for 6 months), I wanted something that wouldn't get stolen yet stylish and affordable. I bought a gently used Volvo! I've owned it now for just over 4 years. It's been perfect with the exception of one small digital glitch. The dealership fix it and was covered by the warranty. Trying to decide if I should keep it till it dies or trade it in. It only has 63k miles. This is the kind of car that I could keep forever. Buying a Volvo is worth every penny!!!"

Slowly becoming unreliable.

By on Thursday, July 12, 2012

"A good car, but aged too soon. Last 940 went 227000 miles."

I had it for 3 years

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pros: "great value"

Cons: "none aplecable"

"I love my car knocking of wood still runs smoothly"

So many pros, but a major con.

By on Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Pros: "Great value, High end driving experience, Safe"

Cons: "300 miles to dealership for maintenance."

"A great car! I bought it used 3 years ago with very low miles for much less than comparable cars. It is quiet comfortable, and handles very well. The non-turbo engine is slightly under powered but the 32 mpg is great. I like the 7500 mile oil changes. I can also do any of the recommended maintenance at home including changing the timing belt. The con is a big one and will probably prevent me from buying another Volvo. Dealer specialties, only Volvo dealers can run diagnostics or make keys. The car must be at the dealer for anything electrically related. Dealer maintenance is quite costly and there are only 64 dealerships in the US that can do complete Volvo maintenance. So if you loose your keys plan on getting your car towed 300 miles to the nearest dealer so they can program the car to the new key for a modest $290. Check engine lights are about the same. Luckily my Volvo is very dependable and I got spare keys made before loosing the original. The dealer specialty maintenance is the only reason for a low resale value on a Volvo, if I lived within an hour of a dealer I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Volvo."

Great car for dailydriving, having fun, and winter

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Pros: "Speed, handling, comfort, 4WD, Great Daily driver."

Cons: "None."

"This car is fun to drive spirited as well as just be daily driven. It has tons of power, 300hp with a 6spd trans you wouldnt want any more. It also handles like a dream, it has 3 different suspension modes to choose from so it can be comfortable or handle like a race car. I have taken it to the road course a couple times and have done pretty well. Since it is 4wd it handles all slippery conditions great, no slipping and complete control in the snow. The car is extremely comfortable too. Any one who rides in the car comments about how nice the seats are in it. Gas milage is pretty good I get about 22 in the city and 29 on the highway. I have owned this car for about 4 years and it has been extremely relaible. I havent had a problem with anything at all on it. The car is about 8 years old now and I have never babied it so it is great. Normally turbo cars burn a bit of oil, not this one, it runs smooth and STRONG. For being older there is not one sqeak or rattle in the car just goes to show you that Volvo really took pride in this one considering it was thier "M3 Killer". I like this car a lot and dont think I can ask for a better more fun daily driver."

very good car

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Pros: "reliable,safe,comfort,low milage,good paint,color"

Cons: "no GPS,scrape,leg room"

"Reliable, small car. 4 doors. Have gotten too old to drive. Power windows, locks.Comfortable, small for long legs."

Solid vehicle, lots of quality

By on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

"I have had every car from a Suzuki to a Jaguar. Love this vehicle. It is 10 years old and it still runs well and looks timeless. Maintainance costs were not that bad, although I do have a small coolant leak from either the turbo or the seal-so far so good though!"

See if you qualify for