2001 Volvo S60

8.3

Based on 349 Ratings for the 2001 - 2005 models.

Excellent Vehicle

By on Friday, July 06, 2007

"I am not normally a car guy, however I test drove multiple vehicles before settling for the S60 Volvo. Well not settling, purchased. This vehicle has been reliable, quick and MPG has been fantastic up near 35mpg freeway. No complaints what so ever!"

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

By on Thursday, January 12, 2012

Pros: "great on gas"

Cons: "upgrade the entertainment unit"

"I have owned a few cars in my time and byfar this one is the best. Its comfortable,fast great on gas and did i mention fast? Its quiet yet you can still hear the engine growl when you step on the gas. if you want to get one i say you should! i have a BMW XDRIVE and to be honest i hardly drive it. this Volvo Rocks! don't believe me go drive one and see for yourself."

Great Reliable Car

By on Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Pros: "Great long lasting car"

"Love this car, Ive owned many cars (Toyota, Dodge, Ford, Mazda) and this is by far the best one. You get more for your money and they last forever with proper maintenance. Plus i get great gas mileage(32 ) Very Comfortable and smooth ride."

best car i have ever owned

By on Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Pros: "comfortable, safe, fast"

Cons: "brake/daytime/signal lights burn out frequently"

"My 2002 Volvo S60 T5 is the most dependable car I have ever owned. It just keeps going with only regular maintenance. There is nothing more comfortable than a Volvo front seat. It just ergonomically fits my body perfectly. The turbo acceleration is excellent. It has every option one could want: Heated seats, cruise and radio controls in the steering wheel, rear headrests that flip down at the touch of a button to enable you to see the road better. I could go on and on, but I highly recommend this great vehicle"

Loved this car - sorry to give it up

By on Wednesday, November 02, 2011

"But it's now 10 years old and I'm ready for new wheels. My sister works for a car magazine and recommended this car to me 10 years ago and she was right all around. The driver's seat is extremely comfortable and supportive; car has plenty of power and is fun to drive; it's had relatively few maintenance issues over the years; and it's pleasing to look at. My biggest beefs about it are (1) turning radius is excessive - my boyfriend's Yukon turns in a tighter circle than the S-60; and (2) the map pockets are a joke - I've had several maps just fall out over the years and become lost. All that said, now that I'm in a market for a new vehicle, I'm looking at buying me a new S-60, along with a few others."

too many repairs

By on Saturday, October 29, 2011

"This car has a great ride and is good in the snow. However, when under warranty several items needed to be replaced such as module for engine and alarm module. I would not have expected these repairs with less than 50K in mileage. This year alone I have spent 4K in repairs. Seems the previous cars I had, a Toyota and Honda, were more reliable."

Better off keeping it

By on Saturday, October 15, 2011

Pros: "reliability, safety"

Cons: "repairs can be expensive"

"The trade-in value for my car is about $4,000. That's a joke, as I've seen Honda Civics go for more because kids like them. I am better off keeping it as a second car. It should last another 60k with moderate use. And my survival rate in a crash is best-in-industry."

Sweet

By on Friday, March 26, 2010

"I am in love with my S60 2.5 T! While it is almost too much car for me (woman,) I have grown comfortale with its power and acceleration. My interior is exceptional, with wood grain console and steering wheel, which I recognized to be custom features. The stabalization and wet weather control, make me feel that my children are safe in all road conditions. Volvo does think of everything, my car is roomy, comfortable, and elegant. My only complaints are with the turning ratio, and a serious blind spot on the driver's side. I would definately purchase another Volvo. My 2005 with 32,000 miles, is well maintained, and looks like new."

Buyer Beware!

By on Friday, October 24, 2008

"I bought my new 2001 Volvo S60 2.4T and have been consistently let down. I can't get through one service period without the warning light coming on and and every time I take the car in repairs seem to cost $1000 or more. The quality and reliability just aren't there. I've experienced significant problems with just about everything from electrical, mechanical, loss of power, poor gas mileage, down to a tranmission that failed at 105K. Even all the plastic things inside the car like cup holders haven't held up well and I'm not hard on my car. I'll NEVER buy another Volvo and feel bad this didn't turn out to be the car I had hoped for. If you're looking at Volvo, I suggest looking elsewhere."

Superfast

By on Sunday, October 12, 2008

"I purchased my 2004 S60 R with 28K and have driven it for three years. This car is a rocket! With 300 horsepower, active chasis controls and fantastic comfort, this is my dream car. The best is when I am on the freeway and somebody is tailgating me--just a quick punch of the gas and they shrink out of site in my rear view mirror. The only match for the R sedan was the R station wagon. I met one late at night with no cars and as he tried to pass I pegged the peddal to the floor - we were locked at the same acelleration to 130mph -- wow that was a rush. With a nod - I think we both enjoyed being Volvo owners that night."