2007 Volvo S40

Based on 288 Ratings for the 2004 - 2011 models.

Great car and awesome mileage

By on Saturday, August 31, 2013

Pros: "Great mileage, low maintenance, good headroom"

Cons: "Not a lot of leg room in the rear seats"

"This is our second Volvo and we love this car. We have owned this one for about a year. Our gas mileage averages 29.9 around town and 32.8 on the highway which is much better than rated. The interior is small and cozy and the trunk has plenty of room. Fold down rear seats that open the trunk into to cabin are a great feature for carrying oversize items or accessing items in the trunk while traveling."

By on Monday, February 11, 2008

"I want to love this car but it's making it difficult. I have the T5, bought it new, it's a beautiful vehicle, I put aftermarket wheels on it and when it's not in the shop, it's a joy to drive. Unfortunately it's been in the shop 8 times in just over a year with 20,000 miles. Electrical problems, A/C, Ignition switch, computer, and it seems to be developing more rattles and squeaks as it gets more milage, it's currently in for problems with the turbo howling. I'm having serious concerns about keeping this car past the warranty."

So Far so good

By on Tuesday, February 10, 2009

"i have owned the car for 6 months already, so far i really like it. i bought it used with 65K on it. GOOD: - Great car for the price (everyone thinks that i paid 20k+ for it when you can pick them up for around 11) - Perky and nimble (outperformes all my friends cars: honda, chevy, VW, BMW3) - Great MPG (28 average between hwy and city) - all weather driver (handles CO snowstorms) - Comfy front seats BAD - Cramped back seat (think fo the S40 as a 2dr car with 4 doors) - bad blindspots (lots of rubbernecking before changing lanes) - power windows make noise in cold weather - bad resale value (good if you are buying used, but bad if you own, i lost aprox 2k in 6months, hopfully it plateaus soon) - sterio distorts bad when sunroof or windows are open, otherwise sounds great - rough shifting tranny at times. Overall Great intro luxury car. makes you feel like a million bucks without the price of a Bimmer, Audi, or Benz. Dependable so far, does everything i ask of it. Fun Fun FUN to drive."

By on Tuesday, March 9, 2010

"I've got a Volvo 2.4i. I recently got it with 70,000+K on it and it runs like a dream. The leather seats are so comfortable its ridiculous. I almost wish I had more places to go so I can just stay in my car and drive around!!! It has power, looks, lots of cool features and it's swedish! I was looking into buying Audi, BMW or Saab but this car has not dissapointed. For the price, it is an unbelievable car! Everyone's always staring and I love it! The stock stereo isn't bad at all, though I wish the FM reception was a little better. I just love this car so so so much, its not even right. Who needs a boyfriend?! Haha."

Reliable, fun car

By on Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Pros: "FUN, FAST, RELIABLE, good in the snow, perfect siz"

Cons: "not much trunk space, small back seat, decent MPG"

"I've owned my S40 turbo AWD for 2 years and love it. It's a fun, fast vehicle that I feel safe putting my two small children in, and is sturdy in the snow. Makes me feel a bit "younger" when I can drive a little bit faster off the line (without the kiddos in the car of course!) than some of the other cars out there. I would very much recommend this vehicle to those looking for a smaller, reliable car. Cons:not much trunk space when carting strollers, bags, etc and I have recently noticed a small electric tic sound on occasion"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volvo S40 near Honolulu. See local deals