2004 Volvo S40

Based on 282 Ratings for the 2004 - 2011 models.

Best New Car Ever Purchased

By on Thursday, November 08, 2007

"OK, thats a lie, because I leased it, but I am certainly willing to buy the lease out when its done. The safety is incredible and the handling got me out of quite a few highway accidents. Beautifully comfortable ride, plenty of trunk space for my hockey equipment and a nice sound system. Best of all is some great gas mileage."

Superb Value

By on Saturday, February 09, 2008

"I bought my S40 T5 AWD a year ago as a certified pre-owned vehicle. I have been impressed time and again by its quality, style, and the fun-to-drive factor. I am a young professional (in my mid 20's), married with one child. This car fits my lifestyle perfectly and it seems I fit Volvo's targeted S40 demographic. This is a small car however, and I would not recommend it to people who are interested in using it as a primary family vehicle. My wife's XC-70 is our primary 'family' car and is much better suited to the role. The S40 is exceptionally comfortable however, for two people on long trips, or four adults around town. A good frined of mine has a new BMW 328i, and while the S40 T5 isn't quite as polished, it costs about 15% less and is just as exciting to drive in my opinion. I also get tired of seeing a BMW on every street corner in my town. It feels good to drive something a little bit more unique. I cross-shopped the S40 with the Audi A4, Saab 9-3 Aero, and BMW 328i. The Volvo definately seemed to give the best bang for the buck. I also compared the S40 AWD T5 with the S60R. Driving the R was a joy, however, the steering in the S40 seemed quicker and more responsive and acceleration nearly on-par as a result of the lower curb weight. The S60 also seemed better suited to someone in my father's generation, as it felt more like a 'performance luxury car' than a 'sporty car' in my opinion. My S40 is passion red with black leather and the "dynamic trim" package. It gets plenty of attention, whether downtown or at the gas station in the suburbs."

Great car and awesome mileage

By on Saturday, August 31, 2013

Pros: "Great mileage, low maintenance, good headroom"

Cons: "Not a lot of leg room in the rear seats"

"This is our second Volvo and we love this car. We have owned this one for about a year. Our gas mileage averages 29.9 around town and 32.8 on the highway which is much better than rated. The interior is small and cozy and the trunk has plenty of room. Fold down rear seats that open the trunk into to cabin are a great feature for carrying oversize items or accessing items in the trunk while traveling."

Probably saved my life............

By on Sunday, June 30, 2013

Pros: "Well built, T5 manual is fun to drive."

Cons: "A little heavy on gas"

"I had a large deer hit this car. 15K in damage, works just fine!! I had a Toyota Corolla before the Volvo - if I was driving the Corolla, given the size of the deer, I would not be writing this. You can't go wrong with it. I have not had a problem since, I did not have a problem before, and I walked away."

By on Thursday, July 09, 2009

"I bought my Volvo used with 60,000 miles on it and have since put on an additional 50,000. My car runs great! Absolutely no problems with it mechanically in fact I just took a road trip with it from Texas all the way to West Virginia. Great quality for your money. I will definitely be a Volvo buyer for life. I gave it 4 stars for performance because like I read in previous reviews, the acceleration could be a little faster :)."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volvo S40 near Honolulu. See local deals