2012 Volvo C70

Based on 80 Ratings for the 2006 - 2013 models.

Solid car - looks sharp. Fun to drive!

By on Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, good value."

Cons: "A little smaller than the original C70."

Cloudy day; still driving with the top down.

"I owned the first generation C70 and this car replaces it. The difference is like night and day. Solid - no rattles. More pep. A little smaller but I got used to it. It looks great; top up and top down. The blind spot is not as bad as the original C70. I love to drive this car."

Cloudy day; still driving with the top down.

A GREAT LOOKING CAR

By on Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Pros: "great price, good maintenance coverage, great look"

Cons: "Can't think of any at this point in time."

"I ordered this car, overseas delivery, which allowed us to drive it in Europe. It handled well on the autobahn and the twisty, turning roads of Switzerland, Germany and Italy. It was a real "head turner". BLIS was wonderful.We marveled that the car road so well with the 18" wheels. The seats are very comfortable with plenty of leg room. We were amazed that we could easily fit 4 people, a wheelchair and 8 pieces of luggage into the car and trunk! And we are not short people! We are now anxiously awaiting its arrival in America."

By on Friday, June 03, 2011

Pros: "Saftey, milage, value"

Cons: "It gets too hot sometimes to put the roof down"

"I bought my 2007 C70 one year ago with 17k miles. I get compliments all the time on how great it looks, and people freak when they see the hardtop in action. The car is very comfortable to drive; it drives better now that I have Continental tires replacing the rough and noisy Michelins. Otherwise, not a single problem. No squeaks or rattles from the roof. I get about 27 mpg going 70 mph with AC on and probably about 20 mpg in town."

I love this car!

By on Thursday, December 30, 2010

"Unfortunately i hit a deer in my Volvo and tore it up, but it was driven away from the sceen! Although i have to replace door, fender, hood and lights, even the paramedics said if it had not been a Volvo it would have been totaled because the deer was a very large 8 pointer! There is no frame damage, only cosmetic! Thank you Volvo!!!"

Solid car

By on Monday, March 21, 2011

"Overall solid car and good value. It is my wife's car and she really likes it. Car looks and feels well made--no "cheap" items immediately apparent. Convertible hard top works like a champ. Wife loves it. Only draw back is the small trunk spaced due to convertible top storage space. That space is limited whether up or down due to the "restriction" of only placing items in a designated area. I knew this going in so no real issue and most convertibles are this way. Sound system is good. Car power and "pick up and go" is good. Pretty decent for a sedan. My 27 yo son said he thought the car really could sip along, so it seems pretty good. Car is resonsive when driving; turn radius is good. Rear visibility is acceptable. No major issues but not great. Multi-driver seat control programming ( with mirror adustment ) is useful and works well. I didn't get the rear back-up assistant so I can't talk to that. Gas mileage seems good. I haven't done a real mathematical check but fill-ups don't come to fast and don't cost an arm and a leg. ONE POINT. Mt wife's iPOD touch works with the audio system USB access and controls with only the 3.1.3 OS. The new iPOD 4.2.1 OS can only use the aux interface which does not allow controls by Volvo audio. Volvo said this is an Apple issue. Apple said they had not had any problems. Check the internet."

Best looking Converible

By on Wednesday, October 28, 2009

"Very satisfied with this model even though it was first year with retractable roof. Minor squeaks, and only negative is poor handling in snow. Also ride on low profile tires is not smooth - suggest 17in wheels with reg tires. Having a spare tire on new models is a plus."

Fantastic Car

By on Saturday, March 09, 2013

Pros: "Exterior/interior styling. Exclusivity. Solid feel"

Cons: "Nice if gas tank was a bit larger"

"My 4th convertible including two BMW's. While my 2005 330CIC did excelerate quicker and was a bit more nimble, overall, I like the Volvo better. I think the car is quick enough and handles beautifully. It cruises quietly and is a more "liveable" daily driver than the 330. I have the optional Premium and climate packages with the sovereign leather as well as the Dynaudio and 18 inch rims all of which make the car a very attractive package. Top down driving with the wind blocker and superb stereo is very relaxing. I also love the fact that you just don't see many C70's rolling around. My only detracting comment is the brake pedal is too close to the gas. I'm used to it now but had my shoe partially hit the brake pedal a few times when hitting the gas. I also am not a fan of the exhaust note particularly when compared to the BMW or the FX45 that I owned a couple years ago. Minor issue that the car's comfort and overall performance more than makes up for."

Almost perfect

By on Monday, August 25, 2008

"We wanted a newer convertible to replace our Sunfire convertible. I fell in love wirh the seats in the Volvo. but rated it only 4*s for comfort because the armrest in the door is 2" too low and the window sill is 2" too high. There seems to be no place to rest your arm. My wife's elbow has accidently hit the express down button for all four windows and this can be a surprise at highway speeds. There is no doubt that compared to the Sunfire this is a heavy vehicle. It handles in a deliberate fashion and is just a little slow in accelerating the first 20-30'. At highway speed (or more) it is very fine. It cost as much as all the cars I have ever owned combined. I hope that I'm as happy with it 10 years from now."

nice with top down , a real hassle otherwise

By on Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Pros: "nice tol look at and ride with top down"

"I went through 3 sets ( 12 tires ) in 90k miles . What is worse , I cracked 7 rims on various city potholes. If you let the window down a crack you get soaked if it is raining outside. The dealer was a horse behind trying to explain the fact that the 'performance tires' mean they last only 15 -20 k miles. The design /alloy was changed in 2007 /08 to allow for more rubber. Interior cramped, cup holders suck . Trunk space is reasonable , even with top down but no spare tire. I had more tire/rim problems in 90k miles and 4 year with this car than in app 700k miles /20 yrs /5 previous cars ( mb e320/acura vigor/subaru/ mob/ford escort)"

The best convertible value in its class!

By on Thursday, January 10, 2013

Pros: "Great Styling, Comfortable Seats, Best Value"

Cons: "Lots of warning lights, underpowered engine"

"I've owned my 2011 C70 for almost 2 years. I have never before received SO many compliments on a vehicle. From workers at drive-thru's to folks stopped at a light next to me...all giving shout-outs to how stylish this car is. Always when the top is down too! Mind you, I'm in South FL where there's tons of BMW, Audi, Mercedes convertibles on the roads, but since there aren't that many C70's produced (there is talk the factory in Sweden that manufactures it is being closed down and Volvo may not come out with a replacement convertible) the car is not as ubiquitous as other drop tops. Smooth and quiet ride, but wobbly handling and mediocre acceleration. However, it makes up for these shortcomings in style and safety ratings as well as decent trunk space for a hard top convertible. This is a great commuter car and I get 300+ miles on a full tank. Some quirks you should be aware of: 1. No spare tire- I learned this the hard way, had a flat with damage to the sidewall and had to be towed to dealer and buy a new tire for $300. There is a can of fix-a-flat spray in a compartment instead if your tire damage is on the tread. 2. Electrical warnings- a lot of warnings go on and usually go away on their own- if your car comes with the optional BLIS system you will see the check system light many times. I've always ignored it and the BLIS continues to work perfectly. I've also had the "top malfunction service required" warning where the roof wouldn't close back up. I simply parked the car and re-started the engine after 10 minutes and everything worked again and warning message went away. Even my service advisor at Volvo condones my not taking these warnings too seriously as they usually amount to nothing (on a newer vehicle still in warranty). I had similar electrical quirks with a volvo S40 sedan and a Saab 9-3 convertible...if these things bother you, don't get a Swedish car. This car is super stylish, comfortable and safe besides being a convertible which always ups the fun factor."