2012 Volvo C70

Based on 73 Ratings for the 2006 - 2013 models.

The best convertible value in its class!

By on Thursday, January 10, 2013

Pros: "Great Styling, Comfortable Seats, Best Value"

Cons: "Lots of warning lights, underpowered engine"

"I've owned my 2011 C70 for almost 2 years. I have never before received SO many compliments on a vehicle. From workers at drive-thru's to folks stopped at a light next to me...all giving shout-outs to how stylish this car is. Always when the top is down too! Mind you, I'm in South FL where there's tons of BMW, Audi, Mercedes convertibles on the roads, but since there aren't that many C70's produced (there is talk the factory in Sweden that manufactures it is being closed down and Volvo may not come out with a replacement convertible) the car is not as ubiquitous as other drop tops. Smooth and quiet ride, but wobbly handling and mediocre acceleration. However, it makes up for these shortcomings in style and safety ratings as well as decent trunk space for a hard top convertible. This is a great commuter car and I get 300+ miles on a full tank. Some quirks you should be aware of: 1. No spare tire- I learned this the hard way, had a flat with damage to the sidewall and had to be towed to dealer and buy a new tire for $300. There is a can of fix-a-flat spray in a compartment instead if your tire damage is on the tread. 2. Electrical warnings- a lot of warnings go on and usually go away on their own- if your car comes with the optional BLIS system you will see the check system light many times. I've always ignored it and the BLIS continues to work perfectly. I've also had the "top malfunction service required" warning where the roof wouldn't close back up. I simply parked the car and re-started the engine after 10 minutes and everything worked again and warning message went away. Even my service advisor at Volvo condones my not taking these warnings too seriously as they usually amount to nothing (on a newer vehicle still in warranty). I had similar electrical quirks with a volvo S40 sedan and a Saab 9-3 convertible...if these things bother you, don't get a Swedish car. This car is super stylish, comfortable and safe besides being a convertible which always ups the fun factor."

I LOVE MY C70 T5

By on Saturday, April 21, 2012

Pros: "comfort, style and quite drive smooth"

Cons: "fuel mileage in city.."

"Incredible ride...just bought it...is metallic red in color, white soft leather seat...I called it First Class Auto...so quiet, comfortable and fun to ride Hard Top comes down is like owning a robot...jajaja I take the Top Down in the evening after leaving my work...the breeze and the stereo sound and softness of the style is amazing...i always want to owe a VOLVO it is for real one of the nicest cars i ever bought...! I am in love with my car...lol"

Love my froofroo car!

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, quiet for a convertible"

Cons: "Turning radius"

"I have owned my C70 for over a year now and LOVE it! It is the first convertible I have owned and I have enjoyed the convenience of the power top and the quietness of the hard-top. The only thing I would improve upon is the turning radius -- you need a wider area to turn around in then I am used to. That minor complaint though will not keep me from buying another one."

Reliable, fast and fun to drive

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

"Agile, and easy to open roof"

Very nice, safe car

By on Sunday, February 19, 2012

Pros: "Fun, comfy, stylish, head-turning ride."

Cons: "Weak rims and weak headlights."

"I've owned a 2006 model for 6 years, since new. It's my wife's daily driver, but we take it on vacations and fun weekend getaways to the beaches and mountains. We had a few issues with the retractable hard-top early on, but this was the first model year of that feature and was to be expected. Fortunately, all the issues occured while at home and we live near the dealership. The ride is superb. The styling and comfort are both great. While not a super powerful car, the turbocharged I-5 will scoot. The only two complaints I have is that the alloy rims are not robust enough to survive pothole hits. I've had to replace two (very expensive)rims and low-pro tires as a result of the wife impacting nasty potholes. Additionally, while the headlight high beams will light up a stadium, the low beams don't illuminate far enough ahead in order to drive interstate speed limits after dark. The dealership has not been able to adjust them in two separate attempts."