2012 Volvo C70

Based on 75 Ratings for the 2006 - 2013 models.

Best of Both Worlds

By on Tuesday, September 11, 2007

"I love this car! It is a coupe & a convertible. Ride is great, Fun to Drive. Premium sound is well worth the money. I always get compliments on this car, a real head turner."

Have it all a hard top or no top

By on Saturday, August 04, 2007

"I have owned countless sedans and convertibles because no car could do it all. The C70 does it all. The teenagers love the stereo with subwoofer. The styling gets lots of attention especially when putting the top up or down. It drives so well and solid even though it's a convertible. pick up is good. The only downside is the gas mileage. But I am having so much fun driving it. I got over the gas mileage."

The top clunks and rattles!

By on Wednesday, September 28, 2011

"This was intended to be our "fun" car, replacing a MINI Cooper S. We previously owned a 97 Volvo 850 T5 Wagon for 12 years and LOVED it. The C70 is very smooth to drive and it looks great. It's a great car for cruising. Unfortunately, that's about it for the positives. It's very tight on the inside, not much room for storage, my head touches the top and I'm 6'. The lighting in center console is difficult to read in the daylight. Controls are confusing and not intuitive. This is not a sports car, it's very nose-heavy and is not happy about changing direction quickly. The seats lack any lumbar adjustment, I find my back hurts after an hour or so in the car. Many other reviews rave about the convertible hardtop being a technological marvel. Mine's been back to the dealer 3 times in 3 months and still rattles like an old beater with 200,000 miles. The dealer is more interested in getting their loaner back as quickly as possible instead of making sure my car is fixed properly. We are definately NOT HAPPY with this vehicle."

Roof rattles

By on Monday, August 18, 2008

"I love this car. I drove all of the hard tops on the market before deciding on the Volvo, the main reason was because "it's a Volvo." I have owned it for 1 year and 1 month and have had it served 11 times for a roof rattle. They finally determined it was an upholstery pin that was loose, removed all the upholstery, replaced the pins and 6 weeks later, it started again. I now am the proud owner of a $45,000 car that I can't stand to drive unless the top is down...no one at volvo seems to care that this all started within 2 weeks of driving it off the lot."

Very nice, safe car

By on Sunday, February 19, 2012

Pros: "Fun, comfy, stylish, head-turning ride."

Cons: "Weak rims and weak headlights."

"I've owned a 2006 model for 6 years, since new. It's my wife's daily driver, but we take it on vacations and fun weekend getaways to the beaches and mountains. We had a few issues with the retractable hard-top early on, but this was the first model year of that feature and was to be expected. Fortunately, all the issues occured while at home and we live near the dealership. The ride is superb. The styling and comfort are both great. While not a super powerful car, the turbocharged I-5 will scoot. The only two complaints I have is that the alloy rims are not robust enough to survive pothole hits. I've had to replace two (very expensive)rims and low-pro tires as a result of the wife impacting nasty potholes. Additionally, while the headlight high beams will light up a stadium, the low beams don't illuminate far enough ahead in order to drive interstate speed limits after dark. The dealership has not been able to adjust them in two separate attempts."

Trammels a bit

By on Friday, December 04, 2009

"The performance tires (Pirelli) that came with the car have a tendacy to trammel (pull) on grooved roads. Use all season tires and the problem is solved. Grat car! Love it!"

Unsafe headlights

By on Sunday, October 19, 2008

"I purchased my volvo C70 little over 2 years ago. I had test driven several other cars such as the convertible lexus, mercedes and bmw but for the style, trunk capacity with the top down and backseat space I choose the C70. After purchasing my volvo I noticed a couple of things that needed some attention. For one, I had a right rear roof rattle and secondly, I had an issue with my headlights. The problem with my headlights is very poor visibility while driving at night. I can only see for a short distance with a severe drop-off. I feel as if I am driving blindly. It is not enjoyable to drive at night for the strain on my eyes trying to see what is in front of me. I had made several complaints to my local volvo dealer over the past couple years explaining the problem. They tell me the lights are adjusted to factory spects and that's about as far as we get. So every time I take it in for an oil change I make another complaint about the lights hoping to finally get a resolution. The roof rattle is still there as well, making it hard to enjoy driving the car. I love the looks of the car and performance, if only I could have these problems resolved I would completely enjoy driving my $47,000 volvo."

Sleek, Sporty, Attractive - Perfect

By on Monday, January 21, 2008

"I get compliments on my car all the time. It's not only a beautiful car, but dependable and practical as well. There is room enough for 3 big suitcases in the back. And even when the top is down, there is still room for 1 large suitcase and 1 medium. How awesome is that? I would recommend this car to anyone who wants something fun, yet practical. What more could you ask for? Plus, it's a VOLVO!"

I LOVE MY C70 T5

By on Saturday, April 21, 2012

Pros: "comfort, style and quite drive smooth"

Cons: "fuel mileage in city.."

"Incredible ride...just bought it...is metallic red in color, white soft leather seat...I called it First Class Auto...so quiet, comfortable and fun to ride Hard Top comes down is like owning a robot...jajaja I take the Top Down in the evening after leaving my work...the breeze and the stereo sound and softness of the style is amazing...i always want to owe a VOLVO it is for real one of the nicest cars i ever bought...! I am in love with my car...lol"

Love my froofroo car!

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, quiet for a convertible"

Cons: "Turning radius"

"I have owned my C70 for over a year now and LOVE it! It is the first convertible I have owned and I have enjoyed the convenience of the power top and the quietness of the hard-top. The only thing I would improve upon is the turning radius -- you need a wider area to turn around in then I am used to. That minor complaint though will not keep me from buying another one."