2008 Volvo C70

Based on 75 Ratings for the 2006 - 2013 models.

By on Friday, March 20, 2009

"Smooth ride and good on gas mileage. Overall fun to driive!!"

By on Thursday, February 18, 2010

Perfect car

By on Monday, July 20, 2009

"Love my C70 have had it for 18 months- no problems- fun to drive- comfortable- People watch in amazement when I put up or lower the top- When closed I don't even know its a convertible its so quiet and best of all it gets the highest safety ratings for a convertible unlike BMW 3 series- I can take my kids and grandkids in it knowing they have Volvo safety"

Best of Both Worlds

By on Tuesday, September 11, 2007

"I love this car! It is a coupe & a convertible. Ride is great, Fun to Drive. Premium sound is well worth the money. I always get compliments on this car, a real head turner."

Have it all a hard top or no top

By on Saturday, August 04, 2007

"I have owned countless sedans and convertibles because no car could do it all. The C70 does it all. The teenagers love the stereo with subwoofer. The styling gets lots of attention especially when putting the top up or down. It drives so well and solid even though it's a convertible. pick up is good. The only downside is the gas mileage. But I am having so much fun driving it. I got over the gas mileage."

The top clunks and rattles!

By on Wednesday, September 28, 2011

"This was intended to be our "fun" car, replacing a MINI Cooper S. We previously owned a 97 Volvo 850 T5 Wagon for 12 years and LOVED it. The C70 is very smooth to drive and it looks great. It's a great car for cruising. Unfortunately, that's about it for the positives. It's very tight on the inside, not much room for storage, my head touches the top and I'm 6'. The lighting in center console is difficult to read in the daylight. Controls are confusing and not intuitive. This is not a sports car, it's very nose-heavy and is not happy about changing direction quickly. The seats lack any lumbar adjustment, I find my back hurts after an hour or so in the car. Many other reviews rave about the convertible hardtop being a technological marvel. Mine's been back to the dealer 3 times in 3 months and still rattles like an old beater with 200,000 miles. The dealer is more interested in getting their loaner back as quickly as possible instead of making sure my car is fixed properly. We are definately NOT HAPPY with this vehicle."

Roof rattles

By on Monday, August 18, 2008

"I love this car. I drove all of the hard tops on the market before deciding on the Volvo, the main reason was because "it's a Volvo." I have owned it for 1 year and 1 month and have had it served 11 times for a roof rattle. They finally determined it was an upholstery pin that was loose, removed all the upholstery, replaced the pins and 6 weeks later, it started again. I now am the proud owner of a $45,000 car that I can't stand to drive unless the top is down...no one at volvo seems to care that this all started within 2 weeks of driving it off the lot."

Very nice, safe car

By on Sunday, February 19, 2012

Pros: "Fun, comfy, stylish, head-turning ride."

Cons: "Weak rims and weak headlights."

"I've owned a 2006 model for 6 years, since new. It's my wife's daily driver, but we take it on vacations and fun weekend getaways to the beaches and mountains. We had a few issues with the retractable hard-top early on, but this was the first model year of that feature and was to be expected. Fortunately, all the issues occured while at home and we live near the dealership. The ride is superb. The styling and comfort are both great. While not a super powerful car, the turbocharged I-5 will scoot. The only two complaints I have is that the alloy rims are not robust enough to survive pothole hits. I've had to replace two (very expensive)rims and low-pro tires as a result of the wife impacting nasty potholes. Additionally, while the headlight high beams will light up a stadium, the low beams don't illuminate far enough ahead in order to drive interstate speed limits after dark. The dealership has not been able to adjust them in two separate attempts."

Trammels a bit

By on Friday, December 04, 2009

"The performance tires (Pirelli) that came with the car have a tendacy to trammel (pull) on grooved roads. Use all season tires and the problem is solved. Grat car! Love it!"

Unsafe headlights

By on Sunday, October 19, 2008

"I purchased my volvo C70 little over 2 years ago. I had test driven several other cars such as the convertible lexus, mercedes and bmw but for the style, trunk capacity with the top down and backseat space I choose the C70. After purchasing my volvo I noticed a couple of things that needed some attention. For one, I had a right rear roof rattle and secondly, I had an issue with my headlights. The problem with my headlights is very poor visibility while driving at night. I can only see for a short distance with a severe drop-off. I feel as if I am driving blindly. It is not enjoyable to drive at night for the strain on my eyes trying to see what is in front of me. I had made several complaints to my local volvo dealer over the past couple years explaining the problem. They tell me the lights are adjusted to factory spects and that's about as far as we get. So every time I take it in for an oil change I make another complaint about the lights hoping to finally get a resolution. The roof rattle is still there as well, making it hard to enjoy driving the car. I love the looks of the car and performance, if only I could have these problems resolved I would completely enjoy driving my $47,000 volvo."

Sleek, Sporty, Attractive - Perfect

By on Monday, January 21, 2008

"I get compliments on my car all the time. It's not only a beautiful car, but dependable and practical as well. There is room enough for 3 big suitcases in the back. And even when the top is down, there is still room for 1 large suitcase and 1 medium. How awesome is that? I would recommend this car to anyone who wants something fun, yet practical. What more could you ask for? Plus, it's a VOLVO!"

I LOVE MY C70 T5

By on Saturday, April 21, 2012

Pros: "comfort, style and quite drive smooth"

Cons: "fuel mileage in city.."

"Incredible ride...just bought it...is metallic red in color, white soft leather seat...I called it First Class Auto...so quiet, comfortable and fun to ride Hard Top comes down is like owning a robot...jajaja I take the Top Down in the evening after leaving my work...the breeze and the stereo sound and softness of the style is amazing...i always want to owe a VOLVO it is for real one of the nicest cars i ever bought...! I am in love with my car...lol"

Love my froofroo car!

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, quiet for a convertible"

Cons: "Turning radius"

"I have owned my C70 for over a year now and LOVE it! It is the first convertible I have owned and I have enjoyed the convenience of the power top and the quietness of the hard-top. The only thing I would improve upon is the turning radius -- you need a wider area to turn around in then I am used to. That minor complaint though will not keep me from buying another one."

Amazing

By on Wednesday, December 31, 2008

"Truly a convertible and truly a coupe. No boxy Volvo safety box here! Perfect car except: 1- only one 12 VDC outlet 2- GPS - better off with an after market Garmin 3- With all the features, one needs to stay up late reading the manual. Love it!"

I love it

By on Friday, March 29, 2013

"I bought this 1 1/2 years ago and love it. Compared to the BMW 3 series convertible (The closest alternative) this one has a more usable and bigger trunk and a pass through. Is much more comfortable - even in the back seat. Blind Spot warning is great. It has saved me from a major accident. I'll never buy another car without it. I will admit that the BMW handled a bit better at speeds and turns faster and tighter than anyone should be driving, but this handles just fine. I haven't had any problems, and it's only been to the dealer for normal service."

Great car in winter, AWESOME the rest of the year

By on Saturday, August 31, 2013

Pros: "once you go topless...."

Cons: "the sun destroys the leather seats"

"C70 is well made, reliable and very safe. And it looks awesome with the top down. The automatic retracting top is convenient and reliable. Mechanically sound for 5 years, only maintenance and wear and tear items. Only down side is the leather seats have taken a beating from sun (and some accidental rain) and show it. But man oh man the feeling driving down the highway in spring/summer/fall with my top down...what a feeling!"

Best vehicle and value I've ever owned

By on Friday, January 06, 2012

Pros: "comfortable, looks great even after 68000 miles"

"Just can't find anything major to complain about. Competent dealer, too, if not cheap. I get around 26 -27 mpg in mixed driving - lots of hills, stop and go. Got 33 mpg on a long level high speed drive across Arizona."

This car turns heads

By on Saturday, December 31, 2011

Pros: "No other convertible compares to it."

"By far the most reliable car I've ever owned. The convertible top is the best on the market today, I've owned 6 different convertible cars and this is the best one, when the top is up you don't even know your in a convertible."

I love this car!

By on Saturday, August 27, 2011

Pros: "Awesome conv. top, fun to drive, good gas milege, comfortable for driver and 3 passengers."

Cons: "Run flat tires with no spare"

"I have owned this car for 12 months and have driven 22000 carefree miles during that time. Not a single problem. Looks great, drives great, and it is very comfy even on a long trip. The top is down as long as the temp is over 60 or under 100 degrees. I choose this over a BMW or Mercedes and I'm glad I did!"

Best sporty car ever

By on Friday, December 20, 2013

Reason: cracked leather seat, more options

Pros: "Fun to drive. I loved this car!"

Cons: "Poor quality leather seats, eats tires!"

"Owned this car 5.5 years and put 96K miles on it driving curvy mountain roads and many HWY miles. I never had the car in the shop except for one time with seat cover and one time for a 60,000 miles maintenance with no repairs. There was plenty of room for my daughter and friend in the back seat with spacious leg room up front. The car drove well and handled the curves like a dream. I drove often with the top down even when it was in the 60's with the heat on. Great heater but AC could use improvement as it takes the car a while to cool off inside. No trouble with the automatic hard top. Gas milage in town was 23 and 24.6 on curvy highway but driving on a straight highway I could get 26.4 mpg. Had to replace the battery at 5 years. With a few months of buying the car I was back in the dealership with the back leather seat cover which started to crack. It was replaced for free but needs it gain at 5.5 years with the bottom seat cracking also. Sub-par quality leather seats. I loved this car and upgraded to a 2013 C70 with more options and better quality leather."

Solid car - looks sharp. Fun to drive!

By on Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, good value."

Cons: "A little smaller than the original C70."

Cloudy day; still driving with the top down.

"I owned the first generation C70 and this car replaces it. The difference is like night and day. Solid - no rattles. More pep. A little smaller but I got used to it. It looks great; top up and top down. The blind spot is not as bad as the original C70. I love to drive this car."

Cloudy day; still driving with the top down.

A GREAT LOOKING CAR

By on Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Pros: "great price, good maintenance coverage, great look"

Cons: "Can't think of any at this point in time."

"I ordered this car, overseas delivery, which allowed us to drive it in Europe. It handled well on the autobahn and the twisty, turning roads of Switzerland, Germany and Italy. It was a real "head turner". BLIS was wonderful.We marveled that the car road so well with the 18" wheels. The seats are very comfortable with plenty of leg room. We were amazed that we could easily fit 4 people, a wheelchair and 8 pieces of luggage into the car and trunk! And we are not short people! We are now anxiously awaiting its arrival in America."

By on Friday, June 03, 2011

Pros: "Saftey, milage, value"

Cons: "It gets too hot sometimes to put the roof down"

"I bought my 2007 C70 one year ago with 17k miles. I get compliments all the time on how great it looks, and people freak when they see the hardtop in action. The car is very comfortable to drive; it drives better now that I have Continental tires replacing the rough and noisy Michelins. Otherwise, not a single problem. No squeaks or rattles from the roof. I get about 27 mpg going 70 mph with AC on and probably about 20 mpg in town."

I love this car!

By on Thursday, December 30, 2010

"Unfortunately i hit a deer in my Volvo and tore it up, but it was driven away from the sceen! Although i have to replace door, fender, hood and lights, even the paramedics said if it had not been a Volvo it would have been totaled because the deer was a very large 8 pointer! There is no frame damage, only cosmetic! Thank you Volvo!!!"

Solid car

By on Monday, March 21, 2011

"Overall solid car and good value. It is my wife's car and she really likes it. Car looks and feels well made--no "cheap" items immediately apparent. Convertible hard top works like a champ. Wife loves it. Only draw back is the small trunk spaced due to convertible top storage space. That space is limited whether up or down due to the "restriction" of only placing items in a designated area. I knew this going in so no real issue and most convertibles are this way. Sound system is good. Car power and "pick up and go" is good. Pretty decent for a sedan. My 27 yo son said he thought the car really could sip along, so it seems pretty good. Car is resonsive when driving; turn radius is good. Rear visibility is acceptable. No major issues but not great. Multi-driver seat control programming ( with mirror adustment ) is useful and works well. I didn't get the rear back-up assistant so I can't talk to that. Gas mileage seems good. I haven't done a real mathematical check but fill-ups don't come to fast and don't cost an arm and a leg. ONE POINT. Mt wife's iPOD touch works with the audio system USB access and controls with only the 3.1.3 OS. The new iPOD 4.2.1 OS can only use the aux interface which does not allow controls by Volvo audio. Volvo said this is an Apple issue. Apple said they had not had any problems. Check the internet."