• New Car Buyer's Guides
  • The 40+ MPG Cars of 2015

2008 Volvo C70

Based on 73 Ratings for the 2006 - 2013 models.

By on Friday, March 20, 2009

"Smooth ride and good on gas mileage. Overall fun to driive!!"

Best car I ever owned

By on Sunday, October 27, 2013

"Best car I ever owned."

I love it!

By on Thursday, October 27, 2011

Pros: "Gorgeous and fun!"

Cons: "No cons!"

"This is my 2nd Volvo C70, but my first one was the soft top convertible. I've had the hard top version for a year now and do not have a SINGLE thing to complain about with it! It drives wonderfully- super smooth- it's comfortable- it's gorgeous and has a lot of power! PLUS, I've never seen a trunk so large for a convertible! Everything that I didn't like about my 2001 C70 was corrected in this version!"

Love versatility of hardtop and convertible in one

By on Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, little maintenance required"

Cons: "Pricey"

"under 30 seconds.... and you have a convertible, or hardtop car. Safe, drives like a true sports car, but with luxury"

Solid car

By on Monday, March 21, 2011

"Overall solid car and good value. It is my wife's car and she really likes it. Car looks and feels well made--no "cheap" items immediately apparent. Convertible hard top works like a champ. Wife loves it. Only draw back is the small trunk spaced due to convertible top storage space. That space is limited whether up or down due to the "restriction" of only placing items in a designated area. I knew this going in so no real issue and most convertibles are this way. Sound system is good. Car power and "pick up and go" is good. Pretty decent for a sedan. My 27 yo son said he thought the car really could sip along, so it seems pretty good. Car is resonsive when driving; turn radius is good. Rear visibility is acceptable. No major issues but not great. Multi-driver seat control programming ( with mirror adustment ) is useful and works well. I didn't get the rear back-up assistant so I can't talk to that. Gas mileage seems good. I haven't done a real mathematical check but fill-ups don't come to fast and don't cost an arm and a leg. ONE POINT. Mt wife's iPOD touch works with the audio system USB access and controls with only the 3.1.3 OS. The new iPOD 4.2.1 OS can only use the aux interface which does not allow controls by Volvo audio. Volvo said this is an Apple issue. Apple said they had not had any problems. Check the internet."

One of the best kept secrets

By on Saturday, February 05, 2011

"Had a leased 2008 Audi A4 convertible which was a beautiful car.... decided to look around for a hardtop convertible this time. I looked at BMW and Lexus, but I have to say that the Volvo had the most stylish exterior and classiest interior. The Volvo also has the most comfortable seats and two adults can actually sit in the back, at least for a short trip. I don't see that many c70's on the road, which is actually another reason I liked it. Don't expect this car to be race car, but it is definitely a car built for comfort and style."

Love my C70

By on Saturday, February 04, 2012

"Everything's great! Love it!"

Loving it

By on Thursday, March 17, 2011

"I love this car. This is my 3rd Volvo model n 4 yrs. My 1st was totalled, my 2nd was not sporty enough 4 me. I love the hard top conv. it is so kool.........and in the winter or rain it's still a hard top. Very sporty car. I am a tall heavy person, the car is very very comfortable. I like ot sitt all the way back so when I put passengers n the rear seats it does feel a bit cramped 4 me."

still turning heads

By on Thursday, September 30, 2010

"my C70 is far and away the best combination of elegant and sassy: the convertible hard-top is remarkably fast and tight. No road noises, flips up or down at average traffic light. The sleek lines of the C70 literally have strangers turning their heads to look at her. Good gas mileage, great handling. I couldnt be happier."

I love my car!

By on Sunday, August 15, 2010

"Everywhere I go, people come up to me and comment on how cute or nice this car is! I love the convertible top and it sure is a show-stopper when I put the top down or up! The doors are very heavy and even though the back seats are comfortable once you're in, it's tough to get in and out of the backseat unless the top is down. The performance is great; good get up and go, but I'm going through tires like crazy!"