2008 Volvo C70

Based on 70 Ratings for the 2006 - 2013 models.

This is a really great car

By on Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Pros: "Upscale quality of materials and workmanship."

Cons: "backseat leg room on the small side."

"I'm not sure which I like better the amazing interior or the exterior. This car looks great inside and out even with the top up. Volvo has been building way upscale quality cars ever since they stopped making cars that look like boxes with wheels. As for performance you can get the car's software upgraded and increase horsepower to 250 which makes a real difference. My car has all the bells and whistles, the stereo is the best i have ever had in a car. Before I owned this Volvo I owned BMWs and lots of them, I have to say the C70 is a much better value than BMW, quality is on the same level but the price is 10K less. The Volvo 5 is not as smooth as the BMW 6 and front wheel drive may not be as good as rear wheel drive but 99% of the time you really can't tell the difference. The Volvo is a very pretty car."

this is a georgpos gold colr paint complaments exc

By on Monday, May 12, 2014

Pros: "great car"

Cons: "no cons"

"this is a beautiful gold color paint compliments on how good it looks all the time. runs excellent and performs like new. No defects on this beauty. selling because I want to purchase a newer model."

Great exterior design, mediocre interior design

By on Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Pros: "Hot design + performance w/ great safety features"

Cons: "Ltd leg room; poor latches everywhere"

"People always stare at my car, esp. when the top is down. I like the fact that I'm driving an attractive vehicle that also makes me feel safe. Plenty of power, decent handling, very stable and reliable. What I don't like is that both closing mechanisms on the rear storage compartments broke after the warranty period and Volvo wanted to replace the entire panels at a cost of $1,800 rather than fix the closing mechanism. The other thing I don't like is the limited field of vision while turning, due to the front windshield roof supports. I suppose with a convertible that's unavoidable."

3rd c70 & best

By on Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Pros: "looks,trunk space,fun factor"

Cons: "paint quality could be better"

"this is a 2013,black with what I call oyster interior,which is striking.on a recent trip,i got 37.8 mpg.i had to check it twice !the city mpg is not that great,and I run 89 octane.the standard stereo is good,but some songs cause the subwoofers to make some noise/vibrations.overall,a great car !"

Best sporty car ever

By on Friday, December 20, 2013

Reason: cracked leather seat, more options

Pros: "Fun to drive. I loved this car!"

Cons: "Poor quality leather seats, eats tires!"

"Owned this car 5.5 years and put 96K miles on it driving curvy mountain roads and many HWY miles. I never had the car in the shop except for one time with seat cover and one time for a 60,000 miles maintenance with no repairs. There was plenty of room for my daughter and friend in the back seat with spacious leg room up front. The car drove well and handled the curves like a dream. I drove often with the top down even when it was in the 60's with the heat on. Great heater but AC could use improvement as it takes the car a while to cool off inside. No trouble with the automatic hard top. Gas milage in town was 23 and 24.6 on curvy highway but driving on a straight highway I could get 26.4 mpg. Had to replace the battery at 5 years. With a few months of buying the car I was back in the dealership with the back leather seat cover which started to crack. It was replaced for free but needs it gain at 5.5 years with the bottom seat cracking also. Sub-par quality leather seats. I loved this car and upgraded to a 2013 C70 with more options and better quality leather."

Great car, looks great top up or down.

By on Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Pros: "Great looks, fun to drive, rm for 4, very reliable"

Cons: "None I can think of"

"I have had my 2006 C70 for a little over 3 years, and I have put about 60,000 miles on it in that time. It has 95000 total miles. I had to replace the struts at 44000mi but I think the first owner drove the car very hard. 51000 miles later my struts are still solid! I am still driving with the brakes that were on the car when I bought it and they are all at 8 & 9 mm. While the car is not a true sports car, it is plenty sporty. It handles well and has plenty of get-up-and-go. One of my favorite aspects of this car is that my golf clubs stay in the trunk even with the top retracted! You can't find another hard top convertible that will handle a full set of clubs in the trunk with the top down for under $80,000. I have had four different convertibles from three different manufacturers and the C70 is my favorite(you can't count my 72 ragtop corvette. It's a totally different type of car). I am truely happy with my Volvo purchase. All in all, I will be driving this car for a very long time!"

Best car I ever owned

By on Sunday, October 27, 2013

"Best car I ever owned."

NOT FOR A MAN

By on Thursday, October 10, 2013

Pros: "POWER"

Cons: "NOISY, LEG ROOM"

"AFTER DRIVING THIS CAR FOR AWHILE WHILE MY WIFE IS NOT USING IT I FIND THIS CAR MUCH TOO NOISY AND NOT MUCH INTERIOR LEG ROOM. I CAN,T MOVE MY FOOT OFF THE GAS TO THE BRAKE WHITOUT HITTING THE SIDE OF THE BRAKE PEDAL. SHOULD HAVE MORE ROOM BETWEEN THEM AND I DON,T HAVE BIG FEET EITHER. BEING A CONVERTABLE ITS FUN TO DRIVE AROUND WITH BUT THATS IT."

Great car in winter, AWESOME the rest of the year

By on Saturday, August 31, 2013

Pros: "once you go topless...."

Cons: "the sun destroys the leather seats"

"C70 is well made, reliable and very safe. And it looks awesome with the top down. The automatic retracting top is convenient and reliable. Mechanically sound for 5 years, only maintenance and wear and tear items. Only down side is the leather seats have taken a beating from sun (and some accidental rain) and show it. But man oh man the feeling driving down the highway in spring/summer/fall with my top down...what a feeling!"

I love it

By on Friday, March 29, 2013

"I bought this 1 1/2 years ago and love it. Compared to the BMW 3 series convertible (The closest alternative) this one has a more usable and bigger trunk and a pass through. Is much more comfortable - even in the back seat. Blind Spot warning is great. It has saved me from a major accident. I'll never buy another car without it. I will admit that the BMW handled a bit better at speeds and turns faster and tighter than anyone should be driving, but this handles just fine. I haven't had any problems, and it's only been to the dealer for normal service."