2007 Volvo C70

Based on 70 Ratings for the 2006 - 2013 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

Great car!

By on Monday, November 07, 2011

Pros: "Price very comptetive, fun to drive"

Cons: "Can't think of any"

"Got this car in August 2009 and it is wonderful. Unlike its competition, it has a reasonable size trunk (groceries fit even with the roof down)and enough leg room in the backseat so that 2 average size people can fit comfortably in the back. The roof mechanism is not as fast as its higher priced competitors, but it is hardly slow. THe car handles well and Volvo service is great."

I love it!

By on Thursday, October 27, 2011

Pros: "Gorgeous and fun!"

Cons: "No cons!"

"This is my 2nd Volvo C70, but my first one was the soft top convertible. I've had the hard top version for a year now and do not have a SINGLE thing to complain about with it! It drives wonderfully- super smooth- it's comfortable- it's gorgeous and has a lot of power! PLUS, I've never seen a trunk so large for a convertible! Everything that I didn't like about my 2001 C70 was corrected in this version!"

The top clunks and rattles!

By on Wednesday, September 28, 2011

"This was intended to be our "fun" car, replacing a MINI Cooper S. We previously owned a 97 Volvo 850 T5 Wagon for 12 years and LOVED it. The C70 is very smooth to drive and it looks great. It's a great car for cruising. Unfortunately, that's about it for the positives. It's very tight on the inside, not much room for storage, my head touches the top and I'm 6'. The lighting in center console is difficult to read in the daylight. Controls are confusing and not intuitive. This is not a sports car, it's very nose-heavy and is not happy about changing direction quickly. The seats lack any lumbar adjustment, I find my back hurts after an hour or so in the car. Many other reviews rave about the convertible hardtop being a technological marvel. Mine's been back to the dealer 3 times in 3 months and still rattles like an old beater with 200,000 miles. The dealer is more interested in getting their loaner back as quickly as possible instead of making sure my car is fixed properly. We are definately NOT HAPPY with this vehicle."

I love this car!

By on Saturday, August 27, 2011

Pros: "Awesome conv. top, fun to drive, good gas milege, comfortable for driver and 3 passengers."

Cons: "Run flat tires with no spare"

"I have owned this car for 12 months and have driven 22000 carefree miles during that time. Not a single problem. Looks great, drives great, and it is very comfy even on a long trip. The top is down as long as the temp is over 60 or under 100 degrees. I choose this over a BMW or Mercedes and I'm glad I did!"

By on Friday, June 03, 2011

Pros: "Saftey, milage, value"

Cons: "It gets too hot sometimes to put the roof down"

"I bought my 2007 C70 one year ago with 17k miles. I get compliments all the time on how great it looks, and people freak when they see the hardtop in action. The car is very comfortable to drive; it drives better now that I have Continental tires replacing the rough and noisy Michelins. Otherwise, not a single problem. No squeaks or rattles from the roof. I get about 27 mpg going 70 mph with AC on and probably about 20 mpg in town."

fun to drive

By on Sunday, May 22, 2011

"l love to drive this car! easy to handle, great pick up. Nothing like it in the summer with the roof down!"

By on Thursday, May 05, 2011

poor in snow

By on Thursday, April 07, 2011

"I bought this covertible thinking it would be good for our cold winter weather (at least better than a true soft top). It's plenty warm but this is the worst car in the snow I have ever driven. My car is a six speed manual. It also has traction control which essentially restricts the fuel when the wheels start to slip. This does not work with a manual as anyone who has taken their foot off the gas in a manual transmission car knows. When I brought it in to have the traction controll disconnetced they said it was not possible and that most people only drive these cars in the summer. Which makes me wonder why they make an insulated hard top convertible in the first place. This car is attracive, fun with the top down but eats through tires like crazy and literally does not move in snow. I have gone through 9 tires in 4 years."

Solid car

By on Monday, March 21, 2011

"Overall solid car and good value. It is my wife's car and she really likes it. Car looks and feels well made--no "cheap" items immediately apparent. Convertible hard top works like a champ. Wife loves it. Only draw back is the small trunk spaced due to convertible top storage space. That space is limited whether up or down due to the "restriction" of only placing items in a designated area. I knew this going in so no real issue and most convertibles are this way. Sound system is good. Car power and "pick up and go" is good. Pretty decent for a sedan. My 27 yo son said he thought the car really could sip along, so it seems pretty good. Car is resonsive when driving; turn radius is good. Rear visibility is acceptable. No major issues but not great. Multi-driver seat control programming ( with mirror adustment ) is useful and works well. I didn't get the rear back-up assistant so I can't talk to that. Gas mileage seems good. I haven't done a real mathematical check but fill-ups don't come to fast and don't cost an arm and a leg. ONE POINT. Mt wife's iPOD touch works with the audio system USB access and controls with only the 3.1.3 OS. The new iPOD 4.2.1 OS can only use the aux interface which does not allow controls by Volvo audio. Volvo said this is an Apple issue. Apple said they had not had any problems. Check the internet."

Loving it

By on Thursday, March 17, 2011

"I love this car. This is my 3rd Volvo model n 4 yrs. My 1st was totalled, my 2nd was not sporty enough 4 me. I love the hard top conv. it is so kool.........and in the winter or rain it's still a hard top. Very sporty car. I am a tall heavy person, the car is very very comfortable. I like ot sitt all the way back so when I put passengers n the rear seats it does feel a bit cramped 4 me."

Repair issues spoil good time

By on Saturday, February 19, 2011

"I love a lot about my car. It is very comfortable and wonderful for cruising with the top open. Since I live in Arizona I have the top open A LOT. Unfortunately, I have had some issues with the top - including the rear headliner pulled into the mechanism and after the repair there were electrical issues that took multiple visits to the dealer to fix (repaired with new wiring harness). I have also had some rattles that have not been adequately dealt with. A beautiful, comfortable car, but I am concerned re: long term reliability."

Excellent value

By on Friday, February 18, 2011

"We purchased this car about 5 months ago, and in 6,000 miles have never regretted our decision. The car is very comfortable, has all the acceleration that we require, and gets excellent gas mileage, actually better than our Turbo Beetle Convertible. We looked at several different convertibles in this class and the C70 was by far the best car for the money. Add in the safe and secure warranty coverage and I don't see how you could do better. Take a test drive and you will be hooked."

Second C70

By on Monday, February 14, 2011

"Had a 2003 soft top for 5 years, my husband jest got me the 2011 C70 and I love it. Great car!!!!!!"

By on Thursday, February 10, 2011

One of the best kept secrets

By on Saturday, February 05, 2011

"Had a leased 2008 Audi A4 convertible which was a beautiful car.... decided to look around for a hardtop convertible this time. I looked at BMW and Lexus, but I have to say that the Volvo had the most stylish exterior and classiest interior. The Volvo also has the most comfortable seats and two adults can actually sit in the back, at least for a short trip. I don't see that many c70's on the road, which is actually another reason I liked it. Don't expect this car to be race car, but it is definitely a car built for comfort and style."

By on Thursday, January 27, 2011

By on Sunday, January 16, 2011

I love this car!

By on Thursday, December 30, 2010

"Unfortunately i hit a deer in my Volvo and tore it up, but it was driven away from the sceen! Although i have to replace door, fender, hood and lights, even the paramedics said if it had not been a Volvo it would have been totaled because the deer was a very large 8 pointer! There is no frame damage, only cosmetic! Thank you Volvo!!!"

By on Sunday, November 28, 2010

"great car -- fun to drive."

By on Sunday, October 24, 2010

"The best car i've ever owned!"

still turning heads

By on Thursday, September 30, 2010

"my C70 is far and away the best combination of elegant and sassy: the convertible hard-top is remarkably fast and tight. No road noises, flips up or down at average traffic light. The sleek lines of the C70 literally have strangers turning their heads to look at her. Good gas mileage, great handling. I couldnt be happier."

Excellent!!

By on Sunday, August 15, 2010

"Have owned the 2011 C70 for about six months and so far so good. I went with the C70 versus the Lexus ISC and the BMW hartop conv. for the rear seating capacity and the size / functionality of the trunk. The others were too small and not usable. I am about to take the car in for the 7500 mi check up and there are three items which need to be fixed: 1) the sat radio loses its signal all of the time; 2) the headlamp washers wash the entire car, windshield and usually the cars nearby - which is not considerate to others on the road; 3) when filling up the gas tank the pump kicks off about three gallons too soon making it a pain pumping the pump to get a fill up. All three of these things I am sure can be easily adjusted. Otherwise the car has been terrific and very enjoyable to drive."

I love my car!

By on Sunday, August 15, 2010

"Everywhere I go, people come up to me and comment on how cute or nice this car is! I love the convertible top and it sure is a show-stopper when I put the top down or up! The doors are very heavy and even though the back seats are comfortable once you're in, it's tough to get in and out of the backseat unless the top is down. The performance is great; good get up and go, but I'm going through tires like crazy!"

By on Monday, June 14, 2010