2006 Volvo C70

Based on 75 Ratings for the 2006 - 2013 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

Best looking Converible

By on Wednesday, October 28, 2009

"Very satisfied with this model even though it was first year with retractable roof. Minor squeaks, and only negative is poor handling in snow. Also ride on low profile tires is not smooth - suggest 17in wheels with reg tires. Having a spare tire on new models is a plus."

Fantastic Car

By on Saturday, March 09, 2013

Pros: "Exterior/interior styling. Exclusivity. Solid feel"

Cons: "Nice if gas tank was a bit larger"

"My 4th convertible including two BMW's. While my 2005 330CIC did excelerate quicker and was a bit more nimble, overall, I like the Volvo better. I think the car is quick enough and handles beautifully. It cruises quietly and is a more "liveable" daily driver than the 330. I have the optional Premium and climate packages with the sovereign leather as well as the Dynaudio and 18 inch rims all of which make the car a very attractive package. Top down driving with the wind blocker and superb stereo is very relaxing. I also love the fact that you just don't see many C70's rolling around. My only detracting comment is the brake pedal is too close to the gas. I'm used to it now but had my shoe partially hit the brake pedal a few times when hitting the gas. I also am not a fan of the exhaust note particularly when compared to the BMW or the FX45 that I owned a couple years ago. Minor issue that the car's comfort and overall performance more than makes up for."

Almost perfect

By on Monday, August 25, 2008

"We wanted a newer convertible to replace our Sunfire convertible. I fell in love wirh the seats in the Volvo. but rated it only 4*s for comfort because the armrest in the door is 2" too low and the window sill is 2" too high. There seems to be no place to rest your arm. My wife's elbow has accidently hit the express down button for all four windows and this can be a surprise at highway speeds. There is no doubt that compared to the Sunfire this is a heavy vehicle. It handles in a deliberate fashion and is just a little slow in accelerating the first 20-30'. At highway speed (or more) it is very fine. It cost as much as all the cars I have ever owned combined. I hope that I'm as happy with it 10 years from now."

Great Hardtop Convertible

By on Sunday, March 29, 2015

Pros: "Great Ride - Comfortable - Quality - Hardtop Conve"

Cons: "Not quite as fast as it's competitors"

"I had my sights on a hardtop convertible and just coming from a G37 I ruled out the convertible version of it. A BMW 3 Series? Ya.. If it was an M3 convertible but then I'd shell out another 30+K and I would never go with anything below the M3 in the line. I was looking for something that was comfortable and had a great ride. I am 6'1 225lbs and I can be in these seats all day long. Top down with the wind blocker up there is no wind buffeting even at 80+ MPH on freeway. With that being said, this is no speed burner vehicle and I have the Polestar version, but it is a great gentlemen's express. I'm in mid 40's and this car fits the bill.. I understand speed having owned a Lotus, some Porches and the car before the G37 was an E55 with a full Renntech Package on it (ran the 1/4 in under 12 secs in 2005. The ultimate question would be if I had the choice to buy it again it would be a definite Y E S! Happy top down motoring folks.."

nice with top down , a real hassle otherwise

By on Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Pros: "nice tol look at and ride with top down"

"I went through 3 sets ( 12 tires ) in 90k miles . What is worse , I cracked 7 rims on various city potholes. If you let the window down a crack you get soaked if it is raining outside. The dealer was a horse behind trying to explain the fact that the 'performance tires' mean they last only 15 -20 k miles. The design /alloy was changed in 2007 /08 to allow for more rubber. Interior cramped, cup holders suck . Trunk space is reasonable , even with top down but no spare tire. I had more tire/rim problems in 90k miles and 4 year with this car than in app 700k miles /20 yrs /5 previous cars ( mb e320/acura vigor/subaru/ mob/ford escort)"

The best convertible value in its class!

By on Thursday, January 10, 2013

Pros: "Great Styling, Comfortable Seats, Best Value"

Cons: "Lots of warning lights, underpowered engine"

"I've owned my 2011 C70 for almost 2 years. I have never before received SO many compliments on a vehicle. From workers at drive-thru's to folks stopped at a light next to me...all giving shout-outs to how stylish this car is. Always when the top is down too! Mind you, I'm in South FL where there's tons of BMW, Audi, Mercedes convertibles on the roads, but since there aren't that many C70's produced (there is talk the factory in Sweden that manufactures it is being closed down and Volvo may not come out with a replacement convertible) the car is not as ubiquitous as other drop tops. Smooth and quiet ride, but wobbly handling and mediocre acceleration. However, it makes up for these shortcomings in style and safety ratings as well as decent trunk space for a hard top convertible. This is a great commuter car and I get 300+ miles on a full tank. Some quirks you should be aware of: 1. No spare tire- I learned this the hard way, had a flat with damage to the sidewall and had to be towed to dealer and buy a new tire for $300. There is a can of fix-a-flat spray in a compartment instead if your tire damage is on the tread. 2. Electrical warnings- a lot of warnings go on and usually go away on their own- if your car comes with the optional BLIS system you will see the check system light many times. I've always ignored it and the BLIS continues to work perfectly. I've also had the "top malfunction service required" warning where the roof wouldn't close back up. I simply parked the car and re-started the engine after 10 minutes and everything worked again and warning message went away. Even my service advisor at Volvo condones my not taking these warnings too seriously as they usually amount to nothing (on a newer vehicle still in warranty). I had similar electrical quirks with a volvo S40 sedan and a Saab 9-3 convertible...if these things bother you, don't get a Swedish car. This car is super stylish, comfortable and safe besides being a convertible which always ups the fun factor."

Great exterior design, mediocre interior design

By on Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Pros: "Hot design + performance w/ great safety features"

Cons: "Ltd leg room; poor latches everywhere"

"People always stare at my car, esp. when the top is down. I like the fact that I'm driving an attractive vehicle that also makes me feel safe. Plenty of power, decent handling, very stable and reliable. What I don't like is that both closing mechanisms on the rear storage compartments broke after the warranty period and Volvo wanted to replace the entire panels at a cost of $1,800 rather than fix the closing mechanism. The other thing I don't like is the limited field of vision while turning, due to the front windshield roof supports. I suppose with a convertible that's unavoidable."

3rd c70 & best

By on Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Pros: "looks,trunk space,fun factor"

Cons: "paint quality could be better"

"this is a 2013,black with what I call oyster interior,which is striking.on a recent trip,i got 37.8 mpg.i had to check it twice !the city mpg is not that great,and I run 89 octane.the standard stereo is good,but some songs cause the subwoofers to make some noise/vibrations.overall,a great car !"

I was in love but the car really sucks!!!!

By on Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Pros: "STYLE"

Cons: "PERFORMACE and SERVICE"

"I have been having issues with my VOLVO c70 Inscription since day one. The car chokes on my when I needed the most. Now the defogger is not working at last but not least the radio stopped working. The dealer Master tech told me that the gas I was using was inadecuate. (I use only SHell and Chevron Premium) SO I ask the guy and he told me that POLESTAR recomend 97+ to maximize the car performace. I wrote to Polestar and it is not true. This is not my only Volvo but this will be my last."

Best car I ever owned

By on Sunday, October 27, 2013

"Best car I ever owned."

Love versatility of hardtop and convertible in one

By on Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, little maintenance required"

Cons: "Pricey"

"under 30 seconds.... and you have a convertible, or hardtop car. Safe, drives like a true sports car, but with luxury"

Great car!

By on Monday, November 07, 2011

Pros: "Price very comptetive, fun to drive"

Cons: "Can't think of any"

"Got this car in August 2009 and it is wonderful. Unlike its competition, it has a reasonable size trunk (groceries fit even with the roof down)and enough leg room in the backseat so that 2 average size people can fit comfortably in the back. The roof mechanism is not as fast as its higher priced competitors, but it is hardly slow. THe car handles well and Volvo service is great."

I love it!

By on Thursday, October 27, 2011

Pros: "Gorgeous and fun!"

Cons: "No cons!"

"This is my 2nd Volvo C70, but my first one was the soft top convertible. I've had the hard top version for a year now and do not have a SINGLE thing to complain about with it! It drives wonderfully- super smooth- it's comfortable- it's gorgeous and has a lot of power! PLUS, I've never seen a trunk so large for a convertible! Everything that I didn't like about my 2001 C70 was corrected in this version!"

Excellent!!

By on Sunday, August 15, 2010

"Have owned the 2011 C70 for about six months and so far so good. I went with the C70 versus the Lexus ISC and the BMW hartop conv. for the rear seating capacity and the size / functionality of the trunk. The others were too small and not usable. I am about to take the car in for the 7500 mi check up and there are three items which need to be fixed: 1) the sat radio loses its signal all of the time; 2) the headlamp washers wash the entire car, windshield and usually the cars nearby - which is not considerate to others on the road; 3) when filling up the gas tank the pump kicks off about three gallons too soon making it a pain pumping the pump to get a fill up. All three of these things I am sure can be easily adjusted. Otherwise the car has been terrific and very enjoyable to drive."

By on Tuesday, November 03, 2009

This is a really great car

By on Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Pros: "Upscale quality of materials and workmanship."

Cons: "backseat leg room on the small side."

"I'm not sure which I like better the amazing interior or the exterior. This car looks great inside and out even with the top up. Volvo has been building way upscale quality cars ever since they stopped making cars that look like boxes with wheels. As for performance you can get the car's software upgraded and increase horsepower to 250 which makes a real difference. My car has all the bells and whistles, the stereo is the best i have ever had in a car. Before I owned this Volvo I owned BMWs and lots of them, I have to say the C70 is a much better value than BMW, quality is on the same level but the price is 10K less. The Volvo 5 is not as smooth as the BMW 6 and front wheel drive may not be as good as rear wheel drive but 99% of the time you really can't tell the difference. The Volvo is a very pretty car."

Worst car I've ever owned

By on Monday, November 28, 2011

Pros: "looks great, convertible is awesome"

Cons: "has absolutely zero quality."

"I've owned some really bad vehicles but this one takes the cake. To date, I've paid approximately $10,000 in repairs due to various things going out: motor mounts (twice), air conditioner, passenger seat coming off the track (three times), panels falling off, alternator, fuel pump, nav system (twice), car alarm failures, and more. It has been a nightmare. The only reason I still have the car is that I owe more than it's worth."

Great car, looks great top up or down.

By on Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Pros: "Great looks, fun to drive, rm for 4, very reliable"

Cons: "None I can think of"

"I have had my 2006 C70 for a little over 3 years, and I have put about 60,000 miles on it in that time. It has 95000 total miles. I had to replace the struts at 44000mi but I think the first owner drove the car very hard. 51000 miles later my struts are still solid! I am still driving with the brakes that were on the car when I bought it and they are all at 8 & 9 mm. While the car is not a true sports car, it is plenty sporty. It handles well and has plenty of get-up-and-go. One of my favorite aspects of this car is that my golf clubs stay in the trunk even with the top retracted! You can't find another hard top convertible that will handle a full set of clubs in the trunk with the top down for under $80,000. I have had four different convertibles from three different manufacturers and the C70 is my favorite(you can't count my 72 ragtop corvette. It's a totally different type of car). I am truely happy with my Volvo purchase. All in all, I will be driving this car for a very long time!"

Love my C70

By on Saturday, February 04, 2012

"Everything's great! Love it!"

Loving it

By on Thursday, March 17, 2011

"I love this car. This is my 3rd Volvo model n 4 yrs. My 1st was totalled, my 2nd was not sporty enough 4 me. I love the hard top conv. it is so kool.........and in the winter or rain it's still a hard top. Very sporty car. I am a tall heavy person, the car is very very comfortable. I like ot sitt all the way back so when I put passengers n the rear seats it does feel a bit cramped 4 me."

Excellent value

By on Friday, February 18, 2011

"We purchased this car about 5 months ago, and in 6,000 miles have never regretted our decision. The car is very comfortable, has all the acceleration that we require, and gets excellent gas mileage, actually better than our Turbo Beetle Convertible. We looked at several different convertibles in this class and the C70 was by far the best car for the money. Add in the safe and secure warranty coverage and I don't see how you could do better. Take a test drive and you will be hooked."

By on Thursday, February 10, 2011

One of the best kept secrets

By on Saturday, February 05, 2011

"Had a leased 2008 Audi A4 convertible which was a beautiful car.... decided to look around for a hardtop convertible this time. I looked at BMW and Lexus, but I have to say that the Volvo had the most stylish exterior and classiest interior. The Volvo also has the most comfortable seats and two adults can actually sit in the back, at least for a short trip. I don't see that many c70's on the road, which is actually another reason I liked it. Don't expect this car to be race car, but it is definitely a car built for comfort and style."

Every one turns their heads

By on Sunday, June 07, 2015

Pros: "FunFunFun"

Cons: "Looses value quickly,more phone connections"

"I have only one complaint... When I get into my car, and the top is down, I fear hitting my head on the left corner of the windshield. I get into my car with my drivers seat all the way back. Then I adjust my seat forward . I am waiting for the new Volvo convertible to be released."

Good looking, fun, safe vehicle

By on Thursday, October 23, 2014

Pros: "White Hardtop convert. .Compliments from strangers"

"I bought this from the original owner and enjoyed it for 2 summers. I now need a 4 door due to helping with grandchildren and needed room for baby car seat."

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next