• New Car Buyer's Guides
  • The 40+ MPG Cars of 2015

2006 Volvo C70

Based on 72 Ratings for the 2006 - 2013 models.

Attractive, comfortable and solid

By on Friday, January 02, 2015

Pros: "reasonable price, well designed, comfortable"

Cons: "None so far"

"Back in 2012 we rented a c70 while on vacation in California. We spent a week with the car so we knew what we were getting into when we decided to purchase one in 2013. Since the model was discontinued we needed to be patient while we searched for an acceptable car to be offered for sale. We eventually located a new Platinum c70 in new England at a fair price. Looked, drove and purchased in about 2 hours. We've not been disappointed. Car is comfortable, well engineered and does exactly what it is designed to do. It's not a race car, it's a Volvo. Of course you can't buy these new any longer but if you're looking for an elegant, comfortable hard top convertible look for a low mileage used model. If you enjoy music the platinum trim audio system by Bang & Olsen is one of the best if not the best I've ever heard in a car."

Good looking, fun, safe vehicle

By on Thursday, October 23, 2014

Pros: "White Hardtop convert. .Compliments from strangers"

"I bought this from the original owner and enjoyed it for 2 summers. I now need a 4 door due to helping with grandchildren and needed room for baby car seat."

This is a really great car

By on Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Pros: "Upscale quality of materials and workmanship."

Cons: "backseat leg room on the small side."

"I'm not sure which I like better the amazing interior or the exterior. This car looks great inside and out even with the top up. Volvo has been building way upscale quality cars ever since they stopped making cars that look like boxes with wheels. As for performance you can get the car's software upgraded and increase horsepower to 250 which makes a real difference. My car has all the bells and whistles, the stereo is the best i have ever had in a car. Before I owned this Volvo I owned BMWs and lots of them, I have to say the C70 is a much better value than BMW, quality is on the same level but the price is 10K less. The Volvo 5 is not as smooth as the BMW 6 and front wheel drive may not be as good as rear wheel drive but 99% of the time you really can't tell the difference. The Volvo is a very pretty car."

this is a georgpos gold colr paint complaments exc

By on Monday, May 12, 2014

Pros: "great car"

Cons: "no cons"

"this is a beautiful gold color paint compliments on how good it looks all the time. runs excellent and performs like new. No defects on this beauty. selling because I want to purchase a newer model."

Great exterior design, mediocre interior design

By on Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Pros: "Hot design + performance w/ great safety features"

Cons: "Ltd leg room; poor latches everywhere"

"People always stare at my car, esp. when the top is down. I like the fact that I'm driving an attractive vehicle that also makes me feel safe. Plenty of power, decent handling, very stable and reliable. What I don't like is that both closing mechanisms on the rear storage compartments broke after the warranty period and Volvo wanted to replace the entire panels at a cost of $1,800 rather than fix the closing mechanism. The other thing I don't like is the limited field of vision while turning, due to the front windshield roof supports. I suppose with a convertible that's unavoidable."