2004 Volvo C70

8.0

Based on 98 Ratings for the 1998 - 2004 models.

one Dealer all maintenance

By on Thursday, August 28, 2014

"2013 install re-build transmission. 2014 rebuild motor. Consistent upkeep, new rims and tires. replace black convertible top with a matching grey convertible top looks really good with the silver body."

Expensive frequent repairs

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

Pros: "Mid life snit car for conservative types"

Cons: "Needs push peddles to go when the car fails"

"Electrical gremlins, pinched wires, security key sensor replaced 3 times, electrical distribution system, convertible top sticks on stowage, transmission coast shock, body cowl shake, fails to start about 4 times per year. Prepare to spend 2-5k per year post warranty."

Don't buy a Volvo c70

By on Monday, March 10, 2014

Pros: "It is a car and beats walking."

Cons: "More than 50 characters would permit."

"It's hard to imagine the person who approved many of the silly details on this car. The turning radius is very limited, don't attempt a u-turn unless you have 3 lanes of space to work with. The front seats use a poorly conceived electric motor to allow access to the back seats. It's certainly not a car that more than 2 people can hop in and drive away in. We bought the car after the model was recommended by a neighbor, now we wonder if the neighbor was playing a trick on us. Expect the check engine light to come on regularly for very minor issues (which makes getting the car smoged a HUGE pain in the butt.) It's a car that may seem like a good idea in the short time people generally take to test drive and inspect vehicles, but the longer you drive this car the more you will distain it. I have owned Volvo's before and loved them...this is simply a poorly designed car that will grant you more aggravation and annoyance than joy."

2000 Volvo C70

By on Saturday, February 15, 2014

Pros: "Absolutely Gorgeous interior and exterior/"

Cons: "Small Space, cheap interior pieces"

"This has to be the strangest car in the world, everything about it sends me back to the Owners Manual. The radio requires a 2-3 hour wait with the car on to reset, which runs the batter down. The car makes sounds that are alarming to say the least. The trim is falling off in leaps and bounds. The hood will not shut, but this car is absolutely gorgeous, the body is perfect, the interior would make Henry Ford blush, and most of the options work in the car, you just have to search and find out how to use them. I am replacing three lights and I am just going to let a mechanic fix them. But all and all, I like the car."

worst vehicle ever

By on Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Pros: "nice looking car"

Cons: "not performance reliable"

"I have problems with: the cooling/heating system, coolant leaks,window regulators/motors,water leaks, and engine coils."

This car...

By on Friday, February 01, 2013

Pros: "Fun car, very luxurious, beautiful"

Cons: "Needed the Valve Body replaced after 2 months..."

"I bought mine with a rebuilt title at 118k miles. It drives awesome but has some strange creaking sound. The engine runs perfect, no problems, but after driving it for 2 months the engine light and transmission light start flashing and I take it in and it says solenoid problem. It's recommended I replace the valve body for $1400. I love the car so much, it's BEAUTIFUL, fully loaded, two tone leather heated seats, peppy turbo, great sound. Can't see out the back well at all though, but it is a turbo. I'm just going to pay the $1400, it's more than worth it. Hopefully it'll be the last of my problems with it for a long time."

Safest convertible with decent acceleration

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Reason: need money

"Hard to fix, for it's an European car. Other features are just perfect. Absolute a sports car. Low key show-off. Drives as fluently as you can imagine. Never find a more comfortable-driving car since then."

I love this car

By on Friday, March 23, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, great MPG, interior very comfortable"

Cons: "Cupholder flimsy, steering stops break easily"

"I purchased this car certified pre-owned with 18000 miles. I was originally considering a Volvo S40, but fell in love when I drove the C70. It's fast, gets great mileage (average 25, but I drive it like a race car), the interior is more comfortable than any vehicle I've ever owned, and the (premium, DynAudio) sound system is incredible. Only issues I've had are the steering stops. This is an incredible vehicle."

Pretty good car

By on Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Cons: "steering ratios. You can't make a tight u-turn."

"Only one real issue. The turning radius is awlful. This car goes straight really well but try to park it and it screams and complains. I've had it for 50K plus miles and use it mainly on the highway. mileage is pretty good, very good at high speeds and pretty efficient. It's a little tight in the back seat but i don't think I've ever had anyone in the back seat. Overall I like the car."

Not Bad

By on Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pros: "LOOKS ALL DAY!!!!"

Cons: "Maintenance is horrible, good luck finding parts!"

"Doesn't hold value that well and extremely expensive to maintain!!!! Fun to drive but terrible to live with long term. Better cars on the market for the money. If you are going to be the only one in the car and don't expect to have any other passengers then this would be fine. GREAT GAS MILLAGE!!!! I guess you could say I have a love/hate relationship with this car. Has never left me on the side of the road."