2003 Volvo C70

8.0

Based on 101 Ratings for the 1998 - 2004 models.

plus and minus

By on Thursday, September 04, 2008

"I love this car...I bought it used with low mileage for a 2000 and it was kept in excellent repair and maintenance. Got it with extended comprehensive warranty, but the warranty is the worst deal I have ever made, it covers virtually nothing. As for the car, as others have said it is beautiful and very comfortable. Handling is OK, acceleration is great when going 40+ but lags at start a bit (turbo lag). I have already replaced back brakes and fixed emergency brakes (previous owner never used them which causes problems apparently). Slight air noise and minor rattling on bumps, true about turning radius being terrible. Also fixed a fuel-air problem but I am being overly careful as I want to own this car a while. Overall great car for the money when bought used but maintenance is keeping this at less than a bargain. Great car though."

Fantastic car

By on Monday, June 16, 2008

"I have owned this car since Jan 2001. I have only had a couple of minor things happen. (A window that got stuck & was fixed under warranty) and a problem with the rear view mirror (minor). Gobbs of trunk space and 2 people can sit in the rear comfortably. Every time I am out in it I get nothing but compliments (Maroon with beige interior). Even though it is a 2001 it looks exactly like the 2006 since they never changed the shape and it is a car that I will not sell for a long time if ever. The 2007 volvo is tiny compared to mine."

Good Car

By on Saturday, September 15, 2007

"Although this vehicle is a head turner it is extrememly noisey. Creaks like an old vehicle even when it was just a few months old. Windows whistle on passenger side. You feel every bump in the road. Whole car shakes and rattles. Turning radius is terrible. The reliabilty has been excellent."

Great on the used market!

By on Tuesday, April 28, 2009

"I just sold a 2003 C70 convertible with the high-pressure turbo after owning for a year. It was a fabulous car...comfortable and a great low price (on the used market) for such a luxurious and well engineered car. Excellent top operation, great power from the HPT engine, BEST STEREO I'VE EVER HAD IN A CAR. A few quirks, but overall a wonderful ownership experience...no regrets. (Only sold to get something that is better in the twisties, which is more my style)"

Has beena good car

By on Friday, November 07, 2008

"I bought this car with 9000 miles on it used from the dealer, and have driven it every day for 5 years. I am happy, but like others I find the turning radius awful, back windows squeak on bumps, and wind noise is what you expect on a convertible. I have had replaced under warranty the radiator resevoir, radio key security sensor, convertible roof module, and that is about it. Service is pricey,and you have to be tough or the Volvo dealer will try to upsell on every occasion other items. Would I buy again, yes. Still tight for a '02 car"