2002 Volvo C70

8.0

Based on 101 Ratings for the 1998 - 2004 models.

plus and minus

By on Thursday, September 04, 2008

"I love this car...I bought it used with low mileage for a 2000 and it was kept in excellent repair and maintenance. Got it with extended comprehensive warranty, but the warranty is the worst deal I have ever made, it covers virtually nothing. As for the car, as others have said it is beautiful and very comfortable. Handling is OK, acceleration is great when going 40+ but lags at start a bit (turbo lag). I have already replaced back brakes and fixed emergency brakes (previous owner never used them which causes problems apparently). Slight air noise and minor rattling on bumps, true about turning radius being terrible. Also fixed a fuel-air problem but I am being overly careful as I want to own this car a while. Overall great car for the money when bought used but maintenance is keeping this at less than a bargain. Great car though."

Fantastic car

By on Monday, June 16, 2008

"I have owned this car since Jan 2001. I have only had a couple of minor things happen. (A window that got stuck & was fixed under warranty) and a problem with the rear view mirror (minor). Gobbs of trunk space and 2 people can sit in the rear comfortably. Every time I am out in it I get nothing but compliments (Maroon with beige interior). Even though it is a 2001 it looks exactly like the 2006 since they never changed the shape and it is a car that I will not sell for a long time if ever. The 2007 volvo is tiny compared to mine."

Good Car

By on Saturday, September 15, 2007

"Although this vehicle is a head turner it is extrememly noisey. Creaks like an old vehicle even when it was just a few months old. Windows whistle on passenger side. You feel every bump in the road. Whole car shakes and rattles. Turning radius is terrible. The reliabilty has been excellent."

It's got its fair share of issues

By on Sunday, April 06, 2008

"I own a 2001. It is a beauty but overall, I am not too pleased with the car. I find that the whole thing rattles when driving on any unsmooth roads. The windows seem to never fully close as they always whistle with air. The leather on the seats has worn off significantly faster than that of any other car I've had. Turning the car isn't too pleasant as the turning radius on these cars is very poor."

Class on wheels

By on Monday, February 04, 2008

"I have had this vehicle since 2001 and have 23400 miles on it. It is the most admired vehicle that I hae ever owned. Everyone compliments me. It is a maroon and with the top down it is classy. I have had only a couple of minor problems (A new window motor and a new fuse) other than that it is a perfect car. I am going to keep this car for at least another 5 years. Why by a new one ths one is bigger and seats 4 people in comfort and I average 17 miles per gallon in combined Hwy and City mileage."