2002 Volvo C70

8.0

Based on 101 Ratings for the 1998 - 2004 models.

I luv my c70

By on Thursday, October 02, 2008

"If you want to get into a convertible for not much $$ this is a great car. Not cheap to have serviced ,but great looking. Performance is not the best, turning radius is terrible, but the car looks so good. The window's squeek over every bump (notorious problem) and I only have 60K miles on it. Sound system is good and the car is very spacious compared to all other convertibles, I did my research and chose a 3yr old c70 over a brand new Sebring or a Toyota Solara. I do not regret that choice."

A flawed classic beauty

By on Monday, August 16, 2010

"Purchased new in 2005, a major upgrade from a 2000 Sebring, hoping that with a price of almost $40k to get a lasting value. Yikes, almost $30 lost to depreciation in just 5 years, the most expensive car I've ever owned. Reliability has been great, no major repairs, not surprising with under 50k miles. but it could be expensive. I went to the dealer to get a second set of keys (2 keys and a remote) $750 for keys!!? Insane. Still I'm keeping it because it is fast and fun and fuel-efficient and it just gets better looking, especially with the top down. Its pretty quick off the line but I don't think that's the point of this car. On the highway at 75 mph and 2500 RPM you have got the full 240 ft-lb of torque for effortless acceleration to well over 100 mph, top down with great stability and control. At that point the rattles, poor turning radius, small trunk, poor rear seat access are so not important. Speed, beauty, power, what do you want? OK safety too. P.S. I made a significant improvement with new Toyo Versado tires, designed to reduce tire noise. Smooth and quiet luxury cruiser."

Dream Car

By on Saturday, July 18, 2009

"I've owned my 2004 C70 LPT for almost 2 years. I've owned BMW and Mercedes recently but the Volvo is a better car all around. Get's 24 mpg in town and close to 30 on the highway going 80 mph. Never had a service issue or problem. Top seals perfectly. Trust me, spend half as much and get twice the car."

plus and minus

By on Thursday, September 04, 2008

"I love this car...I bought it used with low mileage for a 2000 and it was kept in excellent repair and maintenance. Got it with extended comprehensive warranty, but the warranty is the worst deal I have ever made, it covers virtually nothing. As for the car, as others have said it is beautiful and very comfortable. Handling is OK, acceleration is great when going 40+ but lags at start a bit (turbo lag). I have already replaced back brakes and fixed emergency brakes (previous owner never used them which causes problems apparently). Slight air noise and minor rattling on bumps, true about turning radius being terrible. Also fixed a fuel-air problem but I am being overly careful as I want to own this car a while. Overall great car for the money when bought used but maintenance is keeping this at less than a bargain. Great car though."

Fantastic car

By on Monday, June 16, 2008

"I have owned this car since Jan 2001. I have only had a couple of minor things happen. (A window that got stuck & was fixed under warranty) and a problem with the rear view mirror (minor). Gobbs of trunk space and 2 people can sit in the rear comfortably. Every time I am out in it I get nothing but compliments (Maroon with beige interior). Even though it is a 2001 it looks exactly like the 2006 since they never changed the shape and it is a car that I will not sell for a long time if ever. The 2007 volvo is tiny compared to mine."