2001 Volvo C70

8.0

Based on 97 Ratings for the 1998 - 2004 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Expensive frequent repairs

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

Pros: "Mid life snit car for conservative types"

Cons: "Needs push peddles to go when the car fails"

"Electrical gremlins, pinched wires, security key sensor replaced 3 times, electrical distribution system, convertible top sticks on stowage, transmission coast shock, body cowl shake, fails to start about 4 times per year. Prepare to spend 2-5k per year post warranty."

Don't buy a Volvo c70

By on Monday, March 10, 2014

Pros: "It is a car and beats walking."

Cons: "More than 50 characters would permit."

"It's hard to imagine the person who approved many of the silly details on this car. The turning radius is very limited, don't attempt a u-turn unless you have 3 lanes of space to work with. The front seats use a poorly conceived electric motor to allow access to the back seats. It's certainly not a car that more than 2 people can hop in and drive away in. We bought the car after the model was recommended by a neighbor, now we wonder if the neighbor was playing a trick on us. Expect the check engine light to come on regularly for very minor issues (which makes getting the car smoged a HUGE pain in the butt.) It's a car that may seem like a good idea in the short time people generally take to test drive and inspect vehicles, but the longer you drive this car the more you will distain it. I have owned Volvo's before and loved them...this is simply a poorly designed car that will grant you more aggravation and annoyance than joy."

2000 Volvo C70

By on Saturday, February 15, 2014

Pros: "Absolutely Gorgeous interior and exterior/"

Cons: "Small Space, cheap interior pieces"

"This has to be the strangest car in the world, everything about it sends me back to the Owners Manual. The radio requires a 2-3 hour wait with the car on to reset, which runs the batter down. The car makes sounds that are alarming to say the least. The trim is falling off in leaps and bounds. The hood will not shut, but this car is absolutely gorgeous, the body is perfect, the interior would make Henry Ford blush, and most of the options work in the car, you just have to search and find out how to use them. I am replacing three lights and I am just going to let a mechanic fix them. But all and all, I like the car."

worst vehicle ever

By on Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Pros: "nice looking car"

Cons: "not performance reliable"

"I have problems with: the cooling/heating system, coolant leaks,window regulators/motors,water leaks, and engine coils."

This car...

By on Friday, February 01, 2013

Pros: "Fun car, very luxurious, beautiful"

Cons: "Needed the Valve Body replaced after 2 months..."

"I bought mine with a rebuilt title at 118k miles. It drives awesome but has some strange creaking sound. The engine runs perfect, no problems, but after driving it for 2 months the engine light and transmission light start flashing and I take it in and it says solenoid problem. It's recommended I replace the valve body for $1400. I love the car so much, it's BEAUTIFUL, fully loaded, two tone leather heated seats, peppy turbo, great sound. Can't see out the back well at all though, but it is a turbo. I'm just going to pay the $1400, it's more than worth it. Hopefully it'll be the last of my problems with it for a long time."

Safest convertible with decent acceleration

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Reason: need money

"Hard to fix, for it's an European car. Other features are just perfect. Absolute a sports car. Low key show-off. Drives as fluently as you can imagine. Never find a more comfortable-driving car since then."

I love this car

By on Friday, March 23, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, great MPG, interior very comfortable"

Cons: "Cupholder flimsy, steering stops break easily"

"I purchased this car certified pre-owned with 18000 miles. I was originally considering a Volvo S40, but fell in love when I drove the C70. It's fast, gets great mileage (average 25, but I drive it like a race car), the interior is more comfortable than any vehicle I've ever owned, and the (premium, DynAudio) sound system is incredible. Only issues I've had are the steering stops. This is an incredible vehicle."

Pretty good car

By on Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Cons: "steering ratios. You can't make a tight u-turn."

"Only one real issue. The turning radius is awlful. This car goes straight really well but try to park it and it screams and complains. I've had it for 50K plus miles and use it mainly on the highway. mileage is pretty good, very good at high speeds and pretty efficient. It's a little tight in the back seat but i don't think I've ever had anyone in the back seat. Overall I like the car."

Not Bad

By on Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pros: "LOOKS ALL DAY!!!!"

Cons: "Maintenance is horrible, good luck finding parts!"

"Doesn't hold value that well and extremely expensive to maintain!!!! Fun to drive but terrible to live with long term. Better cars on the market for the money. If you are going to be the only one in the car and don't expect to have any other passengers then this would be fine. GREAT GAS MILLAGE!!!! I guess you could say I have a love/hate relationship with this car. Has never left me on the side of the road."

Great convertible, holds 2 adults, 2 kids perfectl

By on Sunday, January 22, 2012

"Small trunk space, fun to drive, convertible goes up and dowm easily."

Very fun car to drive

By on Wednesday, December 28, 2011

"Better performance than one would anticipate from a convertible. Very sporty ride with above average acceleration. Great car for the spring, summer and fall months. Not a great car if you have to transport more than 1 child at a time with the top up."

great and reliable

By on Thursday, December 22, 2011

Pros: "reliable and great curb appeal"

Cons: "cut holders are weak at best."

"had it for ten years. has never required anything but routine maintenance"

Best to avoid this car

By on Monday, December 12, 2011

Pros: "Nice looking"

Cons: "cupholder, driver visor, key release, check engine"

"Rear window began falling out around 30K miles."

Best vehicle ever!

By on Friday, December 02, 2011

"I really like this car!"

Nice and stylish coupe

By on Sunday, August 21, 2011

Pros: "fast and fun to drive at speed(above 80)"

Cons: "costly repairs"

"I purchased the car used with 36,000 miles and had no troubles until last summer when the car overheated and had to get a head gasket repair and recently the tranny has started to slip, Love the car and will be keeping it but will be getting a second car. Cheap interior but overall fun and very fast."

What a fun car!!

By on Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Pros: "great handling, fun to drive, responsive, reliability"

Cons: "poor cup holder design"

"The engine runs very smoothly and gives a sense of powerful revs. Frankly, I think the first generation C70 convertible is a much better buy, particularly when comparing to the Volvo's second-generation C70 which is heavier and slower. The car turns heads when I drove down the street to see my pals. Although the Volvo dealer charge an ram and leg for the routine maintenance, nonethelss, I found a good mechanic at the Shoreline's Cornerstone auto services and it only costed me half of the costs comparing to the dealer's. It really brings down the car maintenance expenses significantly if you know a good service guy."

By on Tuesday, March 08, 2011

What a car!

By on Sunday, March 06, 2011

"Yes, I would recommend this vehicle to a friend, relative or anyone else interested. The best vehicle I have owned. Looks are fabulous and eye catching. I love to be looked at in my car, it says something about me. I live in a cold climate but the heater is great on this vehicle. Nice and warm.."

Good till 100000

By on Tuesday, January 11, 2011

"I bought this car with 55000 and drove it till 99000. It was expensive for repairs. Top had to be fixed due to bad sensor and that cost 700, blew a tire once and the rim bent that was a few hundred. Headlight switch broke so had to tape to keep lights on. Driver door window regulator broke so driver window would always leak Was a pretty good car all in all. Handled OK in the snow with good tires. Fun to drive and looks good. all in all it was ok"

enjoy it

By on Wednesday, December 01, 2010

"poor turning radius, but I adore mine. Fun to explore, lots of looks, VIP total pkg was a good buy for maintenane. Maybe need a bigger auto but will be so sad to part and go to someting else."

Good Car

By on Monday, November 29, 2010

"This was my first car and I have to say it has served me well. It was a hand-me-down from my father and I'm moving onto a more recent model of an S40 for safety concerns, as it is a convertible and my dad is a typical dad. My dad is 6'1" and finds it to be comfortable and roomy and the back seat is spacious. I wouldn't suggest it for people with a car seat, as the seats are more of a bucket design. This car is very safe as I once nearly wrecked and the rollover bars deployed immediately even though I did not, in fact, wreck. As with any old car, I have had slight problems with stalling, as Volvos of this make sometimes miss a gear before correcting themselves. Also, I originally had problems with the computer module, as older Volvos sometimes have. The replacement cost $500 from the dealer, but I haven't had any problems since. Overall, it has proved to be a reliable car and pretty gas efficient- I only have to fill up once every 2-2.5 weeks. The top goes down smoothly with the push of a button in about 30 seconds and it's a great feature to have on nice spring and autumn days. I feel very safe driving it and it has proven dependable, even in poor weather conditions. I would recommend this car to anyone looking at older convertibles as you get a lot of bang for your buck."

By on Monday, August 30, 2010

"Upside: Good looking, safe, 27mpg. A lot of class and fun for the money. Downside: Spent $5K in 2 years for repairs. Fuel pump, brakes, oil system leak, front bushings groan when turning. Can't get many parts w/o going through Volvo. I really WANT to love this car, but the repairs, groans, squeaks each month are making it difficult to keep."

looks good

By on Monday, August 23, 2010

"I fell in love with this car, however, I was disapointed time after time with frequent and extremely costly repairs. When it was running it ran great, lots of power and handled well but it was just one thing after another, just couldn't keep up!"

My Longest Owned Car

By on Saturday, August 21, 2010

"Purchased this 2000 C70 HT Red Coupe in 11/1999. It just turned over 145K. It was a special order with a stick shift. It has been a great car for me. I have babied it. Other than a few knicks the paint looks like new. As others have said, the interior plastic has become brittle and is cracking. I have gotten 75K out of the front brakes and 105K on the rear. The AC has been replaced but it runs 12 months here in FLA. So not surprised. I will probably keep it for a while and drive it less. It has been my all time favorite car."

A flawed classic beauty

By on Monday, August 16, 2010

"Purchased new in 2005, a major upgrade from a 2000 Sebring, hoping that with a price of almost $40k to get a lasting value. Yikes, almost $30 lost to depreciation in just 5 years, the most expensive car I've ever owned. Reliability has been great, no major repairs, not surprising with under 50k miles. but it could be expensive. I went to the dealer to get a second set of keys (2 keys and a remote) $750 for keys!!? Insane. Still I'm keeping it because it is fast and fun and fuel-efficient and it just gets better looking, especially with the top down. Its pretty quick off the line but I don't think that's the point of this car. On the highway at 75 mph and 2500 RPM you have got the full 240 ft-lb of torque for effortless acceleration to well over 100 mph, top down with great stability and control. At that point the rattles, poor turning radius, small trunk, poor rear seat access are so not important. Speed, beauty, power, what do you want? OK safety too. P.S. I made a significant improvement with new Toyo Versado tires, designed to reduce tire noise. Smooth and quiet luxury cruiser."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next