2000 Volvo C70

8.0

Based on 101 Ratings for the 1998 - 2004 models.

Budget Enthusiast

By on Thursday, November 01, 2007

"This is the first car I've ever driven and I feel it was a good start for my driving career. Its very fast and performs beautifully except for some turbo lag, and an extremely small turning radius. Parking is tough but I feel now that I can park fine with this car parking with anything else will be a breeze. The hardest part of parallel parking is the lack of visibility in the rear but any decent parker shouldnt have too much of a problem. Reliability: This car is expensive to maintain through Volvo and probably any car shop, but its never broken down or stalled on me so i suppose reliabilty comes at a literal price. Quality: The interior is very nice and aesthetically pleasing. However the cupholders are poorly designed but you shouldnt be drinking anything that doesnt fit in them anyways. The leather is beginnning to wear away on the seats in some places but its not very noticable and the car is 6 years old, so. Performance: This is the fastest car ive driven to date, and ive driven S60's and BMW 5 series. Its a rocket, i will never forget the fun ive had driving this car on backroads. I dont know what else to say, if youre looking for a 17,000 dollar convertible thats incredibly fast buy this car (2001) make sure you get the HPT (high pressure turbo) version. Driving on the highway is bliss. Styling: Modest yet attractive, unlike most cars from 2001 the c70 is very nice looking, especially in darker colors. Most people dont know what it is until they see the Volvo slash on the grille. Personally i think the front end is a bit ugly but with a new grille maybe an R bumper and some clear headlights it would look fantastic. I dont have the money to buy these things, or the incentive, it looks fine for what it is. Comfort: The seats are deep and have seat warmers, im average sized (5'10") and the back seats are fine even for long rides as long as youre passenger is understanding. The sound system is amazing but doesnt get too loud, which is probably a good thing in some cases. It does not play MP3 cd's however but an aux in can easily be installed from . The ride quality isnt great on rough roads but i personally like feeling the road beneath me compared to cars that are so cushioned you dont know what youre driving on. This car has its drawbacks, but its love/hate i feel. It depends on what kind of driver you are/driving youll be doing."

Pretty good car

By on Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Cons: "steering ratios. You can't make a tight u-turn."

"Only one real issue. The turning radius is awlful. This car goes straight really well but try to park it and it screams and complains. I've had it for 50K plus miles and use it mainly on the highway. mileage is pretty good, very good at high speeds and pretty efficient. It's a little tight in the back seat but i don't think I've ever had anyone in the back seat. Overall I like the car."

Great Car for comfort and dependability

By on Sunday, March 16, 2008

"This is my second c70. I dislike the turning radias and poor vision backing up. Also, Volvo could do a better job with the cupholders. Here they should take a page from Lexus. However, that being said I still love the car. Great styling and seats are about the best around, particularly on long trips. I am retired so comfort is a must. Car also has lots of room in the front for moving around. Very responsive and defenitely a crowd pleaser. Top is well insulated and have had absolutely no problems with leaks. The ropes safety system for rollovers was a factor in us purchasing this vehicle. Fortunately we have not had to use it. We had considered purchasing a used Saab but after reading their reviews, think we'll stay with the c70"

Very fun car to drive

By on Wednesday, December 28, 2011

"Better performance than one would anticipate from a convertible. Very sporty ride with above average acceleration. Great car for the spring, summer and fall months. Not a great car if you have to transport more than 1 child at a time with the top up."

By on Monday, August 30, 2010

"Upside: Good looking, safe, 27mpg. A lot of class and fun for the money. Downside: Spent $5K in 2 years for repairs. Fuel pump, brakes, oil system leak, front bushings groan when turning. Can't get many parts w/o going through Volvo. I really WANT to love this car, but the repairs, groans, squeaks each month are making it difficult to keep."

I luv my c70

By on Thursday, October 02, 2008

"If you want to get into a convertible for not much $$ this is a great car. Not cheap to have serviced ,but great looking. Performance is not the best, turning radius is terrible, but the car looks so good. The window's squeek over every bump (notorious problem) and I only have 60K miles on it. Sound system is good and the car is very spacious compared to all other convertibles, I did my research and chose a 3yr old c70 over a brand new Sebring or a Toyota Solara. I do not regret that choice."

A flawed classic beauty

By on Monday, August 16, 2010

"Purchased new in 2005, a major upgrade from a 2000 Sebring, hoping that with a price of almost $40k to get a lasting value. Yikes, almost $30 lost to depreciation in just 5 years, the most expensive car I've ever owned. Reliability has been great, no major repairs, not surprising with under 50k miles. but it could be expensive. I went to the dealer to get a second set of keys (2 keys and a remote) $750 for keys!!? Insane. Still I'm keeping it because it is fast and fun and fuel-efficient and it just gets better looking, especially with the top down. Its pretty quick off the line but I don't think that's the point of this car. On the highway at 75 mph and 2500 RPM you have got the full 240 ft-lb of torque for effortless acceleration to well over 100 mph, top down with great stability and control. At that point the rattles, poor turning radius, small trunk, poor rear seat access are so not important. Speed, beauty, power, what do you want? OK safety too. P.S. I made a significant improvement with new Toyo Versado tires, designed to reduce tire noise. Smooth and quiet luxury cruiser."

Dream Car

By on Saturday, July 18, 2009

"I've owned my 2004 C70 LPT for almost 2 years. I've owned BMW and Mercedes recently but the Volvo is a better car all around. Get's 24 mpg in town and close to 30 on the highway going 80 mph. Never had a service issue or problem. Top seals perfectly. Trust me, spend half as much and get twice the car."

Great on the used market!

By on Tuesday, April 28, 2009

"I just sold a 2003 C70 convertible with the high-pressure turbo after owning for a year. It was a fabulous car...comfortable and a great low price (on the used market) for such a luxurious and well engineered car. Excellent top operation, great power from the HPT engine, BEST STEREO I'VE EVER HAD IN A CAR. A few quirks, but overall a wonderful ownership experience...no regrets. (Only sold to get something that is better in the twisties, which is more my style)"

Has beena good car

By on Friday, November 07, 2008

"I bought this car with 9000 miles on it used from the dealer, and have driven it every day for 5 years. I am happy, but like others I find the turning radius awful, back windows squeak on bumps, and wind noise is what you expect on a convertible. I have had replaced under warranty the radiator resevoir, radio key security sensor, convertible roof module, and that is about it. Service is pricey,and you have to be tough or the Volvo dealer will try to upsell on every occasion other items. Would I buy again, yes. Still tight for a '02 car"