2000 Volvo C70

8.0

Based on 101 Ratings for the 1998 - 2004 models.

plus and minus

By on Thursday, September 4, 2008

"I love this car...I bought it used with low mileage for a 2000 and it was kept in excellent repair and maintenance. Got it with extended comprehensive warranty, but the warranty is the worst deal I have ever made, it covers virtually nothing. As for the car, as others have said it is beautiful and very comfortable. Handling is OK, acceleration is great when going 40+ but lags at start a bit (turbo lag). I have already replaced back brakes and fixed emergency brakes (previous owner never used them which causes problems apparently). Slight air noise and minor rattling on bumps, true about turning radius being terrible. Also fixed a fuel-air problem but I am being overly careful as I want to own this car a while. Overall great car for the money when bought used but maintenance is keeping this at less than a bargain. Great car though."

Fantastic car

By on Monday, June 16, 2008

"I have owned this car since Jan 2001. I have only had a couple of minor things happen. (A window that got stuck & was fixed under warranty) and a problem with the rear view mirror (minor). Gobbs of trunk space and 2 people can sit in the rear comfortably. Every time I am out in it I get nothing but compliments (Maroon with beige interior). Even though it is a 2001 it looks exactly like the 2006 since they never changed the shape and it is a car that I will not sell for a long time if ever. The 2007 volvo is tiny compared to mine."

Good Car

By on Saturday, September 15, 2007

"Although this vehicle is a head turner it is extrememly noisey. Creaks like an old vehicle even when it was just a few months old. Windows whistle on passenger side. You feel every bump in the road. Whole car shakes and rattles. Turning radius is terrible. The reliabilty has been excellent."

My Longest Owned Car

By on Saturday, August 21, 2010

"Purchased this 2000 C70 HT Red Coupe in 11/1999. It just turned over 145K. It was a special order with a stick shift. It has been a great car for me. I have babied it. Other than a few knicks the paint looks like new. As others have said, the interior plastic has become brittle and is cracking. I have gotten 75K out of the front brakes and 105K on the rear. The AC has been replaced but it runs 12 months here in FLA. So not surprised. I will probably keep it for a while and drive it less. It has been my all time favorite car."

Love Mine Minus A Few Minor Design Flaws

By on Tuesday, February 16, 2010

"I have the 2004 Volvo C70 convertible. It is pearl white and the perfect "ladies" car! I feel like a million bucks when I am driving it. The power is incredible! I can drive for two weeks on a tank of gas! I cannot get over what great gas mileage this car gets with the amount of power you have at your fingertips. I travel back and forth to the coast, so the convertible is a must-have! There are a couple of things I hope they have improved on in the newer models. It is almost impossible to see out the back of the car to back out. The back seat is very high, and I am assuming this is to help support the ROPS that would help protect you in a roll-over situation. If you are short, this is definitely not the car for you. The biggest frustrution is the wheel stops that are there to support the 16" tires. This keeps your turning radius down to almost nothing. It is very difficult to turn this little car into any huge parking place. Other than those couple of things, this car is a horse! And it looks great! I am loving mine!"