2000 Volvo C70

8.0

Based on 101 Ratings for the 1998 - 2004 models.

148,000 miles and still going!

By on Monday, November 26, 2007

"I'm the orginal owner of my C70 coupe and I still get comments about the car and it's styling. I've had a few minor problems over the last 8 years that I've owned it but I purchased an extended warranty that covered everything up to 100k miles. I'm now almost up to 150k miles and it runs great - I attribute that to getting frequent oil changes (VOLVO recommended every 8k miles and I do it every 3k). I also love the safety aspect of this car and there is plenty of room in the backseat for 2 adults. The big preventative maintenance purchase is the timing belt at 90k for $500 but that's a must ! DOWNSIDES: cupholders and dual power seats take awhile to move up or back when trying to let someone in the backseat."

I love this car

By on Friday, March 23, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, great MPG, interior very comfortable"

Cons: "Cupholder flimsy, steering stops break easily"

"I purchased this car certified pre-owned with 18000 miles. I was originally considering a Volvo S40, but fell in love when I drove the C70. It's fast, gets great mileage (average 25, but I drive it like a race car), the interior is more comfortable than any vehicle I've ever owned, and the (premium, DynAudio) sound system is incredible. Only issues I've had are the steering stops. This is an incredible vehicle."

Budget Enthusiast

By on Thursday, November 01, 2007

"This is the first car I've ever driven and I feel it was a good start for my driving career. Its very fast and performs beautifully except for some turbo lag, and an extremely small turning radius. Parking is tough but I feel now that I can park fine with this car parking with anything else will be a breeze. The hardest part of parallel parking is the lack of visibility in the rear but any decent parker shouldnt have too much of a problem. Reliability: This car is expensive to maintain through Volvo and probably any car shop, but its never broken down or stalled on me so i suppose reliabilty comes at a literal price. Quality: The interior is very nice and aesthetically pleasing. However the cupholders are poorly designed but you shouldnt be drinking anything that doesnt fit in them anyways. The leather is beginnning to wear away on the seats in some places but its not very noticable and the car is 6 years old, so. Performance: This is the fastest car ive driven to date, and ive driven S60's and BMW 5 series. Its a rocket, i will never forget the fun ive had driving this car on backroads. I dont know what else to say, if youre looking for a 17,000 dollar convertible thats incredibly fast buy this car (2001) make sure you get the HPT (high pressure turbo) version. Driving on the highway is bliss. Styling: Modest yet attractive, unlike most cars from 2001 the c70 is very nice looking, especially in darker colors. Most people dont know what it is until they see the Volvo slash on the grille. Personally i think the front end is a bit ugly but with a new grille maybe an R bumper and some clear headlights it would look fantastic. I dont have the money to buy these things, or the incentive, it looks fine for what it is. Comfort: The seats are deep and have seat warmers, im average sized (5'10") and the back seats are fine even for long rides as long as youre passenger is understanding. The sound system is amazing but doesnt get too loud, which is probably a good thing in some cases. It does not play MP3 cd's however but an aux in can easily be installed from . The ride quality isnt great on rough roads but i personally like feeling the road beneath me compared to cars that are so cushioned you dont know what youre driving on. This car has its drawbacks, but its love/hate i feel. It depends on what kind of driver you are/driving youll be doing."

Pretty good car

By on Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Cons: "steering ratios. You can't make a tight u-turn."

"Only one real issue. The turning radius is awlful. This car goes straight really well but try to park it and it screams and complains. I've had it for 50K plus miles and use it mainly on the highway. mileage is pretty good, very good at high speeds and pretty efficient. It's a little tight in the back seat but i don't think I've ever had anyone in the back seat. Overall I like the car."

Great Car for comfort and dependability

By on Sunday, March 16, 2008

"This is my second c70. I dislike the turning radias and poor vision backing up. Also, Volvo could do a better job with the cupholders. Here they should take a page from Lexus. However, that being said I still love the car. Great styling and seats are about the best around, particularly on long trips. I am retired so comfort is a must. Car also has lots of room in the front for moving around. Very responsive and defenitely a crowd pleaser. Top is well insulated and have had absolutely no problems with leaks. The ropes safety system for rollovers was a factor in us purchasing this vehicle. Fortunately we have not had to use it. We had considered purchasing a used Saab but after reading their reviews, think we'll stay with the c70"