1999 Volvo C70

8.0

Based on 98 Ratings for the 1998 - 2004 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Class on wheels

By on Monday, February 04, 2008

"I have had this vehicle since 2001 and have 23400 miles on it. It is the most admired vehicle that I hae ever owned. Everyone compliments me. It is a maroon and with the top down it is classy. I have had only a couple of minor problems (A new window motor and a new fuse) other than that it is a perfect car. I am going to keep this car for at least another 5 years. Why by a new one ths one is bigger and seats 4 people in comfort and I average 17 miles per gallon in combined Hwy and City mileage."

just love it

By on Thursday, January 31, 2008

"one really comfortable car. drives smooth. a real eye catcher."

You'll love it!

By on Thursday, January 24, 2008

"All around joy to own and drive. Fun and fast it turns heads around town. Very comfortable interior with an awesome sound system."

By on Thursday, January 17, 2008

fastnfurious

By on Monday, January 07, 2008

"very fast eye catching"

Great car for the money

By on Sunday, December 09, 2007

"If you want to get into a convertible for not much $$ this is a great car. Not cheap to have serviced (do your own oil changes), but great looking. Performance is not the best, turning radius is terrible, but the car looks so good. The window's squeek over every bump (notorious problem) and I only have 60K miles on it. Sound system is good and the car is very spacious compared to all other convertibles."

148,000 miles and still going!

By on Monday, November 26, 2007

"I'm the orginal owner of my C70 coupe and I still get comments about the car and it's styling. I've had a few minor problems over the last 8 years that I've owned it but I purchased an extended warranty that covered everything up to 100k miles. I'm now almost up to 150k miles and it runs great - I attribute that to getting frequent oil changes (VOLVO recommended every 8k miles and I do it every 3k). I also love the safety aspect of this car and there is plenty of room in the backseat for 2 adults. The big preventative maintenance purchase is the timing belt at 90k for $500 but that's a must ! DOWNSIDES: cupholders and dual power seats take awhile to move up or back when trying to let someone in the backseat."

Great Value

By on Thursday, November 15, 2007

"Wonderful car for a great price. You won't find a better buy out there when it comes to convertibles in this price range. Extremely happy with the purchase I have made. No problems at all and a really fun car to have."

I still love it!

By on Friday, November 09, 2007

"I've had it towed a couple of times. Once for a bad alternator and the second for a defective fuel sensor or something like that. I've also had strange this with the lights flickering off and on but this was fixed once the fuses were changeg. Also, both power windows failed and had to be replaced. So overall, this car has been in the shop more than I'd like but I still love my convertible. The back seat is the best out of all other convertibles I've tested."

Budget Enthusiast

By on Thursday, November 01, 2007

"This is the first car I've ever driven and I feel it was a good start for my driving career. Its very fast and performs beautifully except for some turbo lag, and an extremely small turning radius. Parking is tough but I feel now that I can park fine with this car parking with anything else will be a breeze. The hardest part of parallel parking is the lack of visibility in the rear but any decent parker shouldnt have too much of a problem. Reliability: This car is expensive to maintain through Volvo and probably any car shop, but its never broken down or stalled on me so i suppose reliabilty comes at a literal price. Quality: The interior is very nice and aesthetically pleasing. However the cupholders are poorly designed but you shouldnt be drinking anything that doesnt fit in them anyways. The leather is beginnning to wear away on the seats in some places but its not very noticable and the car is 6 years old, so. Performance: This is the fastest car ive driven to date, and ive driven S60's and BMW 5 series. Its a rocket, i will never forget the fun ive had driving this car on backroads. I dont know what else to say, if youre looking for a 17,000 dollar convertible thats incredibly fast buy this car (2001) make sure you get the HPT (high pressure turbo) version. Driving on the highway is bliss. Styling: Modest yet attractive, unlike most cars from 2001 the c70 is very nice looking, especially in darker colors. Most people dont know what it is until they see the Volvo slash on the grille. Personally i think the front end is a bit ugly but with a new grille maybe an R bumper and some clear headlights it would look fantastic. I dont have the money to buy these things, or the incentive, it looks fine for what it is. Comfort: The seats are deep and have seat warmers, im average sized (5'10") and the back seats are fine even for long rides as long as youre passenger is understanding. The sound system is amazing but doesnt get too loud, which is probably a good thing in some cases. It does not play MP3 cd's however but an aux in can easily be installed from . The ride quality isnt great on rough roads but i personally like feeling the road beneath me compared to cars that are so cushioned you dont know what youre driving on. This car has its drawbacks, but its love/hate i feel. It depends on what kind of driver you are/driving youll be doing."

Fantastic looks and driving

By on Wednesday, October 31, 2007

"This car is not only beautiful from all angles, but is a joy to drive. The high output turbo provides excellent accelleration and yet is very quiet. All it needs is a good dual exhaust system to complete it."

By on Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Excellent Convertible

By on Tuesday, October 09, 2007

"This convertible has a great fun-to-price ratio. Excellent second-hand convertible with a fully-automatic one-touch top. It's a classic."

By on Thursday, September 27, 2007

great ride

By on Friday, September 21, 2007

"this car is fun to drive and rides really well."

Good Car

By on Saturday, September 15, 2007

"Although this vehicle is a head turner it is extrememly noisey. Creaks like an old vehicle even when it was just a few months old. Windows whistle on passenger side. You feel every bump in the road. Whole car shakes and rattles. Turning radius is terrible. The reliabilty has been excellent."

Best Overall

By on Wednesday, September 12, 2007

"I've had my C70 LT Hardtop for 5 years now and have not had any problems with it, it is comfortable, reliable, and very stylish. Performance is moderate but capable. mine is 1999 but the beauty is that it does not look outdated and for used car I think you would get an excellent value. if you buy a used one you are getting a luxury car for an economy price, can't beat that! The seats are the most comfortable that I've ever had."

Great car!!!!!

By on Saturday, September 01, 2007

"This is the best car I have ever had. It has the comfort to suit my needs after a long day at work. The reliability has been teriffic since I first bought it. Sure it is a 1998 but it feels like a 2005. The quality in this car has to be the best I have seen. Fantastic on mileage too it was said I would get 25 highway and 18 city but I get 26 sometimes 27 highway and 20 or 21 city. Over all, this is the car to own."

Great Car!

By on Sunday, August 26, 2007

"This car is actually spacious for a conv, and reasonably priced for a luxury car. The car drives great, and is the perfect car for the Jersey Shore. I recomend this to anyone looking for a fun, stylish, and quality car."

Excellent Classy Convertible (Better than 2nd Gen)

By on Saturday, August 25, 2007

"I am a car enthusiast and have test driven most convertibles on the market. I think the first generation C70 convertible is an excellent buy, especially compared to the brand-new second-generation C70. Although the top of the new secon-gen C70 is more sophisticated and quieter, it also slows down the car significantly. The 2002 Volvo C70 Convertible has been very reliable. It has a fully-automatic fabric top and a fast driving dynamics, pulling the convertible 0-60mph in 6.5 seconds. It is significantly more fun to drive the first-gen C70 with High-Pressure Turbo for 2.3L I5 than the second-gen C70 which is heavier. The rear taillight treatments for the first-gen C70 is probably the best Volvo tailight design, ever. As a used-car convertible, it is a rare car with a fully-automatic top, comfortable ride, and exhilarating turbo woosh. This car does not possess a razor-sharp handling, but executes its primary mission very well: fast convertible with smooth ride in style. I highly recommend this car as a used car. The fun / value ratio is extremely good."

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT

By on Friday, August 17, 2007

"Man, do I feel sexy in this car! People drive up beside me at traffic lights and walk up to me in parking lots to tell me what a great looking car this is. Besides how beautiful it is, it's peppy, sporty, and as dependable as you expect a Volvo to be. It's now 4 years old (I bought it in late 2003) and I'd start out across country in it right now and know it'd get me there with little gas, a lot of fun, and without problems. Before I got this, I could drive my Pathfinder to GA on 2 tanks of gas (large tanks, too!). Now I drive on 3/4 of a small tank of gas. Gotta love that."

Watch for the electric problems

By on Wednesday, August 08, 2007

"My C70 is the blue that they show in the picture and on the cover of the owners manuel. It is beautiful. The electronic issues in the car keep me from loving it. I have spent way too much on trying to keep the top working. There is an inherent electrical problem which Volvo acknowledges was a problem with the '98 but refuses to try to help with. When the top works and the sun shines I am in heaven. When I close the trunk and the headlights come on, not so much. Have the car tested electronically before purchase. After 2 dealers who did not know what they were doing I have found a great place that wants to fix this issue and seems to have it resolved for now. Keep your fingers crossed for me."

By on Monday, August 06, 2007