1998 Volvo C70

8.0

Based on 99 Ratings for the 1998 - 2004 models.

Great car for the money

By on Sunday, December 09, 2007

"If you want to get into a convertible for not much $$ this is a great car. Not cheap to have serviced (do your own oil changes), but great looking. Performance is not the best, turning radius is terrible, but the car looks so good. The window's squeek over every bump (notorious problem) and I only have 60K miles on it. Sound system is good and the car is very spacious compared to all other convertibles."

148,000 miles and still going!

By on Monday, November 26, 2007

"I'm the orginal owner of my C70 coupe and I still get comments about the car and it's styling. I've had a few minor problems over the last 8 years that I've owned it but I purchased an extended warranty that covered everything up to 100k miles. I'm now almost up to 150k miles and it runs great - I attribute that to getting frequent oil changes (VOLVO recommended every 8k miles and I do it every 3k). I also love the safety aspect of this car and there is plenty of room in the backseat for 2 adults. The big preventative maintenance purchase is the timing belt at 90k for $500 but that's a must ! DOWNSIDES: cupholders and dual power seats take awhile to move up or back when trying to let someone in the backseat."

Great Value

By on Thursday, November 15, 2007

"Wonderful car for a great price. You won't find a better buy out there when it comes to convertibles in this price range. Extremely happy with the purchase I have made. No problems at all and a really fun car to have."

I still love it!

By on Friday, November 09, 2007

"I've had it towed a couple of times. Once for a bad alternator and the second for a defective fuel sensor or something like that. I've also had strange this with the lights flickering off and on but this was fixed once the fuses were changeg. Also, both power windows failed and had to be replaced. So overall, this car has been in the shop more than I'd like but I still love my convertible. The back seat is the best out of all other convertibles I've tested."

Budget Enthusiast

By on Thursday, November 01, 2007

"This is the first car I've ever driven and I feel it was a good start for my driving career. Its very fast and performs beautifully except for some turbo lag, and an extremely small turning radius. Parking is tough but I feel now that I can park fine with this car parking with anything else will be a breeze. The hardest part of parallel parking is the lack of visibility in the rear but any decent parker shouldnt have too much of a problem. Reliability: This car is expensive to maintain through Volvo and probably any car shop, but its never broken down or stalled on me so i suppose reliabilty comes at a literal price. Quality: The interior is very nice and aesthetically pleasing. However the cupholders are poorly designed but you shouldnt be drinking anything that doesnt fit in them anyways. The leather is beginnning to wear away on the seats in some places but its not very noticable and the car is 6 years old, so. Performance: This is the fastest car ive driven to date, and ive driven S60's and BMW 5 series. Its a rocket, i will never forget the fun ive had driving this car on backroads. I dont know what else to say, if youre looking for a 17,000 dollar convertible thats incredibly fast buy this car (2001) make sure you get the HPT (high pressure turbo) version. Driving on the highway is bliss. Styling: Modest yet attractive, unlike most cars from 2001 the c70 is very nice looking, especially in darker colors. Most people dont know what it is until they see the Volvo slash on the grille. Personally i think the front end is a bit ugly but with a new grille maybe an R bumper and some clear headlights it would look fantastic. I dont have the money to buy these things, or the incentive, it looks fine for what it is. Comfort: The seats are deep and have seat warmers, im average sized (5'10") and the back seats are fine even for long rides as long as youre passenger is understanding. The sound system is amazing but doesnt get too loud, which is probably a good thing in some cases. It does not play MP3 cd's however but an aux in can easily be installed from . The ride quality isnt great on rough roads but i personally like feeling the road beneath me compared to cars that are so cushioned you dont know what youre driving on. This car has its drawbacks, but its love/hate i feel. It depends on what kind of driver you are/driving youll be doing."