2013 Volvo C30

Based on 76 Ratings for the 2008 - 2013 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Unique, and a lot of fun!

By on Thursday, August 15, 2013

Pros: "Style, handling, performance"

Overseas Delivery Showroom in Sweden

"Purchased a 2011 through the Overseas Delivery Program. Picked it up in Gottenberg, Sweden took the ferry to Germany and drove it from Kiel to Munich in one day at speeds up to 125mph. The car drives better the faster you drive it. I absolutely love this car. It's the embodiment of refined sports handling. I did the Polestar upgrade over a year ago and that made it even better. It improved the performance and I got a 1.5 mpg increase. I would love to buy another especially if I could do the overseas delivery again. It's the best kept secret in the entire car industry."

Overseas Delivery Showroom in Sweden

Great choice in its class

By on Thursday, March 28, 2013

Pros: "Performance"

"I really enjoy my car. I have the 2012 c30 premier plus. No r design, no polestar upgrade. Convenience/utility -- It is a 2 person car. The 2 seats in the back are comfy but a real pain to get to. Also you will not be picking up 3 people with tons of luggage in this car. For occasional use the back seats are ok, but nothing more. Performance -- very zippy little car. Handles well, accelerates well. It does not compete with $40-50k sports cars, but it is not meant to compete with them. It beats out every 200hp and less engine that I've tried. More fun than bmw 328i, because its just so much fun to throw the little c30 around. If I could get this car with volvos t6 engine and all wheel drive, I would in a heartbeat. But for front wheel drive, the engine is as powerful as you want. Interior/ Comfort -- I have cloth seats, but I got power heated seats and moonroof. The seats are incredibly comfortable, and I've done a few 6-7 hour trips. The interior can feel depressing because it is so non -luxurious. Very utilitarian, especially compared to a decked out bmw 3 or mercedes c. Then again, the c30 is the cheapest volvo. I will never choose cloth seats again. Value/reliability -- great value. 5 year free maintenance except tires, that is really awesome. Reliability hopefully will be good (no issues after 7500 miles). Driving in the northeast winter no problem, probably because the tires this comes with are so awesome (Also I think the dstc helps). Overall -- I would buy again. My criteria was, a new car for $30k or less. Something fun, safe and worry free. This car fits the bill perfectly. 5 years of warranty, by then I'll know if the car is prone to issues. I drive carefully, you can have fun without taking the engine to the redline RPM. If I had $50k I would not buy this car. For $30k new, I can't think of a more fun car (and I drove a bunch of them)."

I love my Volvo

By on Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Pros: "Fast, comfortable, sexy, love seat warmers!"

Cons: "Not good for bad roads"

"My car has been through so much over these past years. It had to go to the body shop twice and I drive everywhere. I have to say, I was suprised how much was not damaged when an animal decided to rum in front of me on the highway while I was going about 70. All that had to be replaced was the from bumper and wheel cover. No inside damage at all.I have to say my favorite part of my car is it's speed. It rides smooth and fast. I tend to run out of gas fast becuase I love to push the pedal. Now, the gas mileage is good, so you know. I just have a speeding problem. Another of my favorite parts of the car are the seats. I'm an oversized chick and I fit comfortably in my chair. One thing that to be wary about though is that the car is low and when you live in Mississippi where the roads are awful, you have to be careful or you'll always be scraping the front bumper. Other than that, I love my baby Volvo. I don't know if I could ever find another like it. Btw, if you get the car, get the hard cover trunk cover. It's worth it, expecially, if you don't like people peeping in the hatchback."

Great little vehicle for the money

By on Thursday, November 03, 2011

Pros: "Small exterior, spacious (for its size) interior."

Cons: "Very visible contents in the cargo area."

"This car has the spunk, the spirit and the economy of cars outside of its class. Good power, great handling and very thrifty to own."

Small sized luxury!

By on Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pros: "Styling, good commute size, comfortable, seats 4."

Cons: "gas milage not so good for its size."

"The Volvo C30 is sporty luxury in a small fun package. This car has great acceleration and sharp handling. It can be ordered as a bare bones sportster, but I ordered mine loaded with almost all of the bells and whistles. The heated leather seats are very nice on cold mornings. The DynAudio system is fantastic. Dual climate control is also a plus. Avoid the built-in nav/sat, it is way too expensive for what you get. I got the 6 CD changer with ipod connection, instead. I wanted a comfortable car to commute in heavy traffic. This car is the perfect size. It is quite compact but will hold 4 adults comfortably. I also wanted a car that was different from the crowd. With limited numbers being imported, I rarely get passed on the road by another one, never by an identical one. It also comes with Volvo's safety and reliability."

Wonderful car!

By on Sunday, October 09, 2011

Pros: "It's an affordable luxury car - great to drive!!"

Cons: "None yet"

"I have a 2010 T5 C30 - It is a great little car. It has a 6 speed and I average 27 mpg (between city/town/country) driving. On the highway I have seen up to 35 mpg at 70 with the cruise control on. It turns heads all the time because you don't hardly see them. It has been problem free, and still under an excellent warranty c/o Volvo. It's peppy esp when the turbo kicks in (you can tell!) It rides very nice, it's built to last with a solid feel, it's economical. It's an affordable luxury car. I test drove audi's, bmw's, mini's,"

Awesome car

By on Friday, September 10, 2010

"One of the best cars for the money. I'm still amazed how many people walk up to my car, and stare at it."

By on Wednesday, August 11, 2010

"Love the ride, power and looks of the vehicle. Not a family car, but a wonderful vehicle for commuting to work or taking a special someone out on for a weekend trip."

Beautiful car

By on Saturday, July 11, 2009

"We bought my wife's C30 when they first came out and it was months before we saw another on the road. It's now almost 2years old and has 21,000 miles. We've had zero problems with the car and it still turns heads just as much as it did the day we drove it off the lot. For a two door it's quite roomy and with the rear seats down it can carry quite a load. It's a great vacation car for a couple but it can carry four people if the front seat passengers are willing to compromise their leg room just a bit. It's a fun car to drive and the turbo five cylinder engine has a lot of power. The car rides very comfortably but it's not the most sporty handling car. I drive a MINI Cooper S and it's much more of a sports car than the Volvo. If you're looking for an unusual, good looking fun reliable car I'd highly recommend that you consider a C30."

Great car

By on Monday, November 07, 2011

"I've had this car for almost two years and am actually considering buying it again next year (so I can take advantage of the new, longer warranty). It's nice-looking, fun to drive, and I get compliments on it all the time!"

Great all around vehicle

By on Wednesday, June 30, 2010

"I have owned my 2008 C-30 ver1 since Jan 2009. This is a well engineered safe car but in addition it is great fun to drive due to the turbo providing peppy performance and sporty handling. It runs well on premium fuel or mid range octane fuel. No problems so far at 12000mi. Typical Volvo safety...headlights and tail lights on at all times...nice features like the radio remains on until the key is withdrawn and the windows can be adjusted after engine shut-down to provide venting when parked on sunny days. Small details for sure but thoughtful engineering..."

2010 R-Design...Heaven!

By on Sunday, February 21, 2010

"I own a 2010 R-design (T5) that has the automatic geartronic transmission. To sum it all up...This car ROCKS! I'm in motoring heaven when driving this car, which is in the under $32,000 category. Good handling, performance, and gas mileage. Great styling! Better hurry if you want a brand new 2010; most dealers are being flooded with the 2011s now. They changed the front end look a little on the 2011, and I don't like it."

looks and feels very expensive

By on Wednesday, December 09, 2009

"I have about 4000 miles on my 09 and I still think to myself "what a nice car" everytime I get in. I think that this is a cheap way to own an upscale car. The car uses basically all the same parts from Volvos that cost 5k to 10K more. Getting this same turbo in another Volvo is especially expensive. So I think that it looks and feels like it costs way more. The two doors get a little old when you have rear passengers, and it is annoying that there is no seat belt in the middle. The trunk is tiny but is saved somewhat by being able to fold the rear seats. It is plenty fast and we haven't had any problems so far."

OUTSTANDING

By on Sunday, November 08, 2009

"My black R Design has been perfect in quality. Seats are extremely comfortable even in long rides. The stereo (Alpine is the brand under the covers) has excellent sound. Not much I would change except the maintenance is a bit pricey to have the dealer change oil and filters and rotate the tires. I get 28MPG at 70+ mph btw..."

The Greatest

By on Thursday, October 30, 2008

"I love my Volvo C30! People are always complimenting me and asking about it. It runs wonderfully and feels safe and solid. I would recommend it to anyone needing a zippy, small car. FUN!"

great handlng, spartan interior, very handy hatch

By on Thursday, October 10, 2013

Pros: "fun driving and spunky, handy for hauling stuff"

Cons: "interior is sparse, wheels are awful to clean"

"I drive hard and this car handles great. The seating material drivers side cracked in 2 years but Volvo replaced it under warranty. Lots of complements on styling. I just wish that the wheels, Sparticus type, didn't pit so badly due to brake dusting. I'd buy again but it doesn't look like they will be available."

C30 great little car

By on Thursday, December 01, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive and reliable"

Cons: "just the seat beats"

"I have had my C30 for a few years now and have seen so few on the road. This surprises me since it is such a fun car to have. People stop me all the time to check it out and ask me about it. I have had no problems with it and it is comfortable also. I have made a few long trips. If I had any complaints, it would be the seatbeats. They lock up and choke the rider or driver, when you try to lean forward. I asked if there was an ajustment but the Volvo dealer said No."

C30

By on Wednesday, February 17, 2010

"Handles great; hugs curves. Love the style and comfort."

What a great car!

By on Monday, February 08, 2010

"I have owned my silver C30, ver.1 for almost 2 years now and have to say that she is holding up nicely. The only issue I have had is with a recall on the clutch but other than that it has been flawless. I love driving this car and only wish the roads in SoCal were smoother so that I could really put it through it's paces. But every now and then I am able to get out to the country and push it. I'm not an agressive driver and so when I do hammer the throttle I am always surprised at the abundant power that it delivers. This Volvo, much like it's larger S40 sibling, is sturdy and feels well made as it should since it's a luxury brand. The styling is by far the best part of this car. I am still getting compliments today and have random people come up to me in parking lots asking questions about it. That does get a little interesting because you never know if they are intersted in the car are just want your money or your car. In any case, this is a great car and I hope to own it for many years to come, which I can see easily happening. That's if I can afford to maintain it after the warranty expires. This is my 4th Volvo and parts and service can get expensive but with regular maintanance it should last."

I'd buy another one...

By on Tuesday, October 27, 2009

"I own a 2008 C30 with the 5-speed auto geartronic transmission. It has a responsive powerful engine with a smooth shifting transmission. I love it so far. I would definitely suggest buying one. It's cool to drive a unique looking car that isn't seen everywhere like the Mini or VW GTI. Try to find a 2008 or 2009 with low miles."

Hot Looking Performance Car

By on Friday, August 08, 2008

"I bought my 2008 Volvo C30 in July and love it. It accelerates quickly and corners great. The engine is powerful yet fairly quiet. The "geartronic" automatic is great for someone who wants to change-it-up now and then and not be tied to just a manual shift. I tinted all the windows for a cool new look."

Does everything extremely well

By on Tuesday, November 02, 2010

"The car is a joy to drive, Goes exactly where you point it but without a jittery wheel. Extremely comfortable and quiet. Two useful seats in back. Plenty of power when I need it. It even tows my boat. I do my own maintenance - filters, wipers and such are not overpriced. I average 28 mpg around town. 33 mpg on the highway is common, and the car will deliver 40 mpg at 55 mph if driven carefully. No significant service problems in 43000 miles. This is a wonderful and wonderfully good looking car."

I love this car

By on Wednesday, February 18, 2009

"I really love my C-30, and so does my husband. It is very zippy, and it is definitely safe. I was rear ended by a 17 y/o driving a blazer, and my car held up really well, after being repaired, it is as good as new!!!! In the year that I have owned this vehicle, I have only seen one on the road. Everyone asks me about it. I would recommend this car to anyone that does not have a infant seat to deal with. I babysit my friends baby sometimes, and getting her in and out of the rear facing car seat is a chore, but it is roomy enough, just a chore because of the 2 doors. My kids are all grown, and this is my toy for me and my hubby and pug to drive around in. I love it."

Fast and confortable

By on Thursday, January 03, 2008

"This car is pretty fast for its size and price, intirior noise is minimal, stick shift is easy to handle and quick response, turbo is very quit, the standard features are awsome, including the stereo. Over all I really enjoy this car."

Unique Auto

By on Sunday, May 20, 2012

Pros: "Stylish, unique, quick and responsive"

Cons: "1990's Technology, doors are heavy and long"

"Purchased the C30 R - Series in February 2012 from NASHVILLE Volvo. Had a great experience with the dealer. Driving this vehicle is like no experience I have had behind the wheel of a 5 cylinder turbo engine. It handles like a go-cart and has the power when you need it. The R-design interior is very stylish and fits my 6 foot frame to perfection. It really is a two seater and has some draw backs like the doors are very heavy and cumbersome until you get adjusted to a two door, also the display is pretty antiquated for 2012 compared to some of the competitors in this space. I am a cyclist and purchased the bike and wheel holder with the roof rack system from Volvo and I love it, its functional and very stylish. I have driven BMWs for more than 15 years and love the euro driving experience, if you want something a little different and not something everyone has this is a fine choice for the money. I also received a 5 year 60,000 full warranty from the dealer, which was a selling feature for me. Take a test drive!!!"

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next